Marian Henderson – Cameo. Label: Stoned Circle – STC2CD3014. Photography By – Bill Mobbs. Producer – Jimmy Stewart (4) (tracks: 1-1 to 1-12). Vocals – Marian Henderson. Disc1: the original album. Disc2: tracks 1-4 from the various artists LP The Restless Years (1968). tracks 5 - 8 from the PIX EP PX-009 Great Folk Songs Of The World - Volume II (1964).
Her 1970 album Cameo reveals a precious simplicity and depth that deserves far greater recognition than she received during her career. Alongside valuable interpretations of Sandy Denny s Fotheringay, Leonard Cohen s The Stranger and First Girl I Loved (Incredible String Band) Cameo offers a sublime collection of numerous traditionals that Henderson gives new life to. Stoned Circle very proudly presents the first-ever reissue of Marian Henderson s astounding 1970 album Cameo
Cameo is the eighth studio album released by singer Dusty Springfield, released in 1973. The album was recorded in the United States between July and October 1972. Cameo was produced by Steve Barri, Dennis Lambert and Brian Potter who later went on to write and produce major hits for among others Glen Campbell, The Four Tops and The Tavares
Her 1970 album Cameo reveals a simplicity and depth that deserve far greater recognition than she received during her career. Alongside valuable interpretations of Sandy Denny's quot;Fotheringay,quot; Leonard Cohen's quot;The Stranger,quot; and The Incredible String Band's quot;First Girl I Loved,quot; this set offers a sublime collection of numerous traditionals to which Henderson gives new life. Stoned Circle very proudly presents the first-ever reissue of the astounding Cameo, Marian Henderson's sole album. Accompanying a fully remastered Cameo, the second disc includes.
Streets of Forbes (2nd Version). Jim Jones of Botnay Bay. Cameo 2016. Antique Annies Magic Lantern Show. Springtime it Brings on the Shearing.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Antique Annie's Magic Lantern Show
Written-By – Ashdown*, Stewart*
|A2||Miss Otis Regrets (She's Unable To Lunch Today)
Written-By – Cole Porter
Written-By – Leonard Cohen
|A4||Lady Of Carlisle||3:18|
|A5||Streets Of Forbes||2:48|
|B1||First Boy I Loved
Written-By – Robin Williamson
|B3||Guess Who I Say Today
Written-By – Elisse Boyd, Murray Grand
|B6||Sprig Of Thyme||3:00|
- Record Company – MCA Inc.
- Record Company – Coral Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Coral Records, Inc.
- Pressed By – MCA Pressing Plant, Pinckneyville
- Arranged By – Ashdown* (tracks: A4, A5, B2, B4 to B6), Stewart* (tracks: A4, A5, B2, B4 to B6), Jackson* (tracks: A4, A5, B2, B4 to B6), Lewis* (tracks: A4, A5, B2, B4 to B6), Henderson* (tracks: A4, A5, B2, B4 to B6)
- Bass – Ed Gaston
- Directed By [Accompaniment] – Laurie Lewis
- Engineer – Spencer Lee
- Guitar – Doug Ashdown, John Jackson
- Liner Notes – Ron V. Brown
- Music Director – Laurie Lewis
- Producer – Jimmy Stewart
- Vocals – Marian Henderson
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Label): 7-12418
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Label): 7-12419◆
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Runout Stamped): 7 12418 4 2
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Runout Stamped): 7 12419 4 2
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
|MAP/S 2122||Marian Henderson||Cameo (LP, Album)||MCA Records||MAP/S 2122||Australia||1970|