Van Allen Clinton McCoy (January 6, 1940 – July 6, 1979) was an American musician, record producer, arranger, songwriter, singer and orchestra conductor. He is known best for his 1975 internationally successful song "The Hustle".
B4I Would Love To Love You. Van McCoy. Buddah Item No: 576236. Vinyl LP 1975, US – Original Used Vinyl (Vinyl: VG+, Cover: G+).
Artist: Van McCoy Title Of Album: From Disco To Love Year Of Release: 1975 Label (Catalog Buddah Records Country: USA Genre: Funk, Soul, Disco Quality: WavPack (image+.
Van Allen Cinton McCoy was born on January 16, 1940. He was in a doo wop group called The Starlighters with his brother Norman McCoy in the early days. They released the single "The Birdland". As a solo artist, he released numerous singles throughout the 1960s to the 1970s. His last album was The Lonely Dancer. He died of a heart attack at age 39 on July 6, 1979. Arranged By, Conductor, Backing Vocals – Van McCoy Art Direction – Maurer Productions, Michael Mendel, Michael Mendel Bass – Gordon Edwards Congas – Arthur Jenkins Congas – Arthur Jenkins Drums – Herbie Lovelle, Rick Marotta Engineer – Jeffrey Lesser Guitar – David Spinozza, John Tropea Harp – Gloria Agostini Horns – Bernie Glow, Dominick Gravine, Garnett Brown, Jim Buffington, Marvin Stamm, Melvin Davis, Paul Faulise, Robert Alexander, Urban Green, Warren Covington.
On this page you can not listen to mp3 music free or download album or mp3 track to your PC, phone or tablet. All materials are provided for educational purposes. Released at: This album was released on the label Disques Vogue (catalog number MD 9026). This album was released in 1979 year. Format of the release is.
Van McCoy, Alphonse Mouzon, Michael Zager Band, My Mine, Kool & The Gang and more. This upload was 17th in the chart.
100 Greatest Disco Songs. Criteria: Songs were chosen for this list based on their initial popularity, as well as their lasting popularity down through the years, and on their overall impact on the genre. The disco era ran roughly from the early 1970s through the early 1980s. Last Updated: 2005-02-28. 1. I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor - 1978 2. Le Freak - Chic - 1978 3. Stayin' Alive - Bee Gees - 1977 4. Super Freak - Rick James - 1981 5. Funky Town - Lipps Inc. - 1979 6. Disco Inferno - Trammps - 1976 7. . Village People - 1978 .
|A1||I'm In Love With You Baby||3:40|
|A2||Just In Case||4:23|
|A3||Don't Rock The Boat||2:58|
|A4||Now That You're Gone||3:22|
|A5||Let Me Down Easy||3:52|
|B1||Don't Hang Me Up||4:45|
|B3||So Many Mountains||4:42|
|B4||I Would Love To Love You||3:19|
- Manufactured By – Quality Records Limited
- Distributed By – Quality Records Limited
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Buddah Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Quality Records Limited
- Pressed By – Quality Records Limited
- Baritone Saxophone, Flute – Arthur Clarke
- Bass – Gordon Edwards
- Cello – Kermit Moore
- Congas – Ralph McDonald*
- Creative Director [Creative Packaging Direction] – Milton Sincoff
- Drums – Jimmy Johnson
- French Horn – Richard Berg
- Guitar – William Butler*, Carl Lynch, David Spinozza
- Guitar, Sitar – Vincent Bell*
- Mixed By – Tom Moulton
- Organ, Piano, Electric Piano – Frank Owens
- Percussion – David Carey, George Devens
- Photography By – Sichiko*
- Piano, Electric Piano – Van McCoy
- Producer – Joe Cobb
- Producer, Arranged By, Conductor – Van McCoy
- Tenor Saxophone, Flute – Bobby Brown , George Barrow, Seldon Powell
- Trombone – Garnet Brown*
- Trumpet – Ernest Royal*, Eugene Young, Joseph Newman*, Richard Williams
- Viola – Alfred Brown, Nina Simon, Selwart Clarke
- Violin – Gene Orloff, Julien Barber, Noel Da Costa*, Sanford Allen, Trevor Lawrence, Winston Callymore*
- Written-By – Joe Cobb, Van McCoy
NotesPreviously released as BDS 5103
℗© 1975 U.S.A. - Buddah Records, Inc.
© 1975 Canada - Quality Records Limited
BY SPECIAL ARRANGEMENT WITH BUDDAH RECORDS INC.
Published by Kama Sutra Music Inc. / Van McCoy Music Inc. (BMI) except A2 Van McCoy Music Inc. / Avemb Songs, Inc. (BMI)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Etched): (Side A) BM-797-S1
- Matrix / Runout (Etched): (Side B) BM-797-S2
|BDS 5103||Van McCoy||Soul Improvisations (LP, Album)||Buddah Records||BDS 5103||US||1972|
|YS-2764-DA||Van McCoy||Soul Improvisations (LP, Album)||Buddah Records||YS-2764-DA||Japan||1973|
|VICP-2106||Van McCoy||Soul Improvisations (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Buddah Records||VICP-2106||Japan||1995|
|2318 109||Van McCoy||From Disco To Love (LP, Album, RE)||Buddah Records||2318 109||Australia||1975|
|MD 9026||Van McCoy||From Disco To Love (LP, Album, RE, Gre)||Mode||MD 9026||France||1979|