My Own Prison is the debut studio album by American rock band Creed, released on August 26, 1997. It has been certified six times platinum and is one of the top 200 selling albums of all time in the United States. The person kneeling on the album's cover is Justin Brown, a friend of the band. The picture was taken by guitarist Mark Tremonti's brother, Daniel, for a photography class.
1. My Own Prison Lyrics. Court is in session A verdict is in No appeal on the docket today Just my own sin The walls are cold and pale The cage made of steel Screams fill the room Alone I drop and kneel. Silence now the sound My breath the only motion around Demons cluttering around My face showing no emotion Shackled by my sentence Expecting no return Here there is no penance My skin begins to burn.
My Own Prison eventually sold over 6 million copies Stateside, a huge total that was nearly doubled by their next album, Human Clay. Creed songs were in their happy place on the Billboard Mainstream Rock chart, where this song went to Their early singles were ineligible for the Hot 100 because they weren't sold as singles, but "My Own Prison" managed to hit on the Airplay chart in March 1998, nearly a year after the album was first issued. By the time the album's last single, "One," was released, Billboard had changed their rule about Hot 100 eligibility,.
Originally released on the band's own label, Creed's debut album, My Own Prison, was re-released on Wind-Up Records in a remixed form. The remix was designed to accentuate the group's powerful post-grunge sound so it could find a crossover audience. Evidently, the gambit was successful since the album became a platinum hit shortly after the title track was issued as a single
Creed – My Own Prison Album Zip Download (125,72MB) Songs are compressed with best possible compression by keeping maximum quality possible. Each track has same high quality 320kbps CBR format.
Creed (USA) : My Own Prison. Grunge, USA (1997 - Wind-Up Records) Узнать больше. Torn, I'm filthy Born in my own misery Stole all that you gave me Control you claim you save me. The peace is dead in my soul I have blamed the reasons for My intentions poor Yes I'm the one who The only one who Would carry on this far. Peace in my head Love in my head Lies lies lies lies in my head.
My Own Prison (1997) by Creed. Labels: Blue Collar Records, Wind-up Records. Genres: Alternative Rock Members: Scott Stapp, Mark Tremonti, Brian Marshall, Scott Phillips.
My Own Prison is the debut album by American rock band Creed, released on August 26, 1997.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A3||My Own Prison||4:59|
|A4||Pity For A Dime||5:30|
|B4||What's This Life For||4:08|
|B6||Bound & Tied
Mixed By – John Kurzweg
- Artwork By [Art Direction] – Mark Droescher & Creed
- Artwork By [Cover] – Mark Tremonti & Mark Droescher
- Artwork By [Design] – Mark Droescher
- Bass – Brian Marshall
- Drums – Scott Phillips
- Engineer [Assistant - Mix] – Fran Flannery, Jessie Henderson*
- Engineer [Assistant / Miami] – Chris Carrol*
- Engineer [Digital Engineering / Miami] – Andrew Roshberg
- Executive Producer – Jeff Hanson
- Guitar, Vocals – Mark Tremonti
- Lead Vocals – Scott Stapp
- Mastered By – Howie Weinberg
- Mixed By – Ron Saint-Germain* (tracks: A1 to B5)
- Other [A & R] – Joel Mark
- Other [Management ] – Jeff Hanson & Jeff Cameron @ Jeff Hanson Management & Promotions, Tallahassee, FL
- Other [Project Manager] – Evan Jahn
- Photography [Additional] – Cece Wren (Tallahassee, FL) & Judd Allison (Miami Beach, FL)
- Photography [Cover] – Mark Tremonti & Justin Brown
- Recorded By, Producer – John Kurzweg
NotesRecorded and produced at The Kitchen Studio, Tallahassee, FL & Criteria Studios, Miami, FL.
Mixed at Long View Farm Studios, North Brookfield, MA.
Mastered at Masterdisk, NYC.
Track B6 is a marked as a bonus track.
(C) 1999 Wind-up Entertainment Inc.
(P) 1997 Wind-up Entertainment Inc.
Distribution: Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
Catalog#: 493078 4 (spine), EPC 493078 4 (cassette).
Manufactured in Poland by TAKT 146/FV.
|60150-13049-2||Creed||My Own Prison (CD, Album)||Wind-Up||60150-13049-2||US||1997|
|493078 5||Creed||My Own Prison (CD, Album)||Wind-Up, Epic||493078 5||Australia||1998|
|493078 4||Creed||My Own Prison (Cass, Album, RE)||Wind-Up||493078 4||Malaysia||1999|
|BCR-5066||Creed||My Own Prison (CD, Album)||Blue Collar Records||BCR-5066||US||1997|
|48933910142 2 2||Creed||My Own Prison (CD, Album, RE)||Wind-Up||48933910142 2 2||Indonesia||1999|