Coconut Rough were a short-lived New Zealand pop/new wave band formed in 1982. Despite their 1983 first single, "Sierra Leone", hitting the top five, and the band being named Most Promising Group of the Year at that year's RIANZ Awards they split up in 1984. The band was formed in 1982 by lead singer Andrew Snoid, formerly with New Zealand bands the Whizz Kids, Pop Mechanix and Australian-based New Zealand group the Swingers, and guitarist Mark Bell.
Listen to Coconut Rough in full in the this site app. Play on this site. 1984 Mushroom Records Pty Ltd Australia.
Coconut Rough, Coconut Rough. The striking hyper-realist cover of Coconut Rough's first and last album is the work of legendary musician and artist Phil Judd. He based it on a track from the album called 'Two Can Tango'," says former Coconut Rough singer Andrew McLennan. I gave him no brief, just said 'paint me a cover will ya mate'. I loved the job he did. I wish I could say the same about the album but let's not go there. Somebody Ate My Planet, Able Tasmans.
Contributed by: Kyra Corrigan. 1 cup organic almonds 1/2 cup organic carob powder 1 cup dried, pitted dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes 2 cup organic desiccated coconut 3/4 cup organic virgin coconut oil, melted & at room temperature Pinch Himalayan salt. TOPPING: 1/2 cup organic cashews 1/4 cup organic carob powder 1/4 cup organic desiccated coconut 10 organic Medjool dates, pitted 1/4 cup organic virgin coconut oil, melted & at room temperature.
|A4||As Good As It Gets|
|B2||Tango (It Takes Two)|
|B3||Once In A While|
|B4||Everything Or Nothing|
|B5||Strip The Reptile|
- Made By – Festival Records (NZ) Ltd.
- Marketed By – Festival Records (NZ) Ltd.
- Distributed By – Festival Records (NZ) Ltd.
- Recorded At – Mandrill Studios
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mushroom Records Pty. Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Mushroom Records Pty. Ltd.
- Bass – Choc Tuwhare*
- Cover, Painting – Phil Judd
- Drums, Percussion – Dee Emexx, Paul Hewitt
- Engineer – Graeme Myhre
- Guitar, Vocals – Mark Bell
- Producer – Dave Marett
- Synth – Stuart Pearce
- Written-By – Snoid* (tracks: A3, A4, B1, B2, B5), Bell* (tracks: A1, A2, B2 - B4), Judd* (tracks: A5), Pearce* (tracks: A1, A3, B5)
NotesTest pressings exist with stamped labels and a promotional bio/tour dates insert.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1): MX-62275
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2): MX-62276
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 Etched ): L38216A 8A SMX62275 DB
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 Etched ): L38216B 8A SMX62276 DB
|L 38216||Coconut Rough||Coconut Rough (LP, Album)||Mushroom||L 38216||Australia||1985|