Michel Legrand - Legrand Jazz ( Heralds U.S. Jazz Giants ) download mp3 album
Michel Legrand has spent most of his life as a composer in the studios and for films, but this release is a jazz classic. Legrand took 11 famous jazz compositions and arranged them for three different groups. Tenor great Ben Webster, flutist Herbie Mann, four trombonists, and a rhythm section perform pieces by Duke Ellington, Earl Hines, Django Reinhardt ("Nuages"), and the Count Basie-associated "Blue and Sentimental
Legrand Jazz: Michel Legrand dirige les géants du jazz américain - Michel Legrand And His Orchestra. Открывайте новую музыку каждый день. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Миллионы композиций бесплатно и в хорошем качестве. Legrand Jazz: Michel Legrand dirige les géants du jazz américain. Исполнитель: Michel Legrand And His Orchestra.
The main reason to get this CD is to get "Legrand Jazz," a 1958 album by French composer/arranger Michel Legrand. The liner notes tell the story of how Legrand did an album called "I Love Paris" which unexpectedly became a big hit in the . and for which he was not adequately compensated. It was his first album; he did it for a fee and got no portion of the royalties
Michel Legrand: Legrand Jazz by Patrick Burnette, published on August 7, 2018. Michel Legrand is best known for his long and fruitful career in movie soundtracks, but as a young man in 1958 he was featured in an arranger's showcase with a collection of jazz masters, including Ben Webster, John Coltrane, Bill Evans, and Miles Davis.
Album · 1978 · 5 Songs. Michel Legrand: Great Movie Themes. Entre elle et lui. 2013. Peau d'âne (Bande originale du film).
Michel Legrand: все альбомы, включая Le'grand Jazz, Le monde de la chanson, Vol. 24: Jacques Brel – Chanson sans paroles, Strings On Fire! и другие. Le monde de la chanson, Vol. 24: Jacques Brel – Chanson sans paroles.
The meticulously recreated outer jacket is packaged in a gatefold with an original photo montage inside honoring Michel Legrand's masterpiece of reinvention and sublime fan-boy enthusiasm. This release will be individually numbered and strictly limited to 3,000 total units. We don't need to tell you to commande vôtre tôt!
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||In A Mist
Written-By – Challis*, Beiderbecke*
|A2||Stompin' At The Savoy
Written-By – Razaf*, Goodman*, Webb*, Sampson*
|B1||Night In Tunisia
Written-By – Gillespie*, Paparelli*
- Published By – France Melodie
- Lacquer Cut At – Philips Phonografische Industrie
- Alto Saxophone – Gene Quill, Phil Woods
- Baritone Saxophone – Teo Macero
- Bass – Milt Hinton
- Conductor, Arranged By – Michel Legrand
- Drums – Osie Johnson
- French Horn – James Buffington*
- Piano – Nat Pierce
- Tenor Saxophone – Seldon Powell
- Trombone – Frank Rehak, Jimmy Cleveland
- Trumpet – Art Farmer, Donald Byrd, Ernie Royal, Joe Wilder
- Vibraphone [Vibes] – Don Elliot
NotesRecorded in New York on June 30, 1958
Publisher: Editions France Melodie
Made in Holland
Printed in Holland
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society (A side, Boxed): N.C.B.
- Rights Society (A and B side, Boxed): B.I.E.M.
- Matrix / Runout (A side on labels): AA 432 443.1 E
- Matrix / Runout (B side on labels): AA 432 443.2 E
- Matrix / Runout (A side runout, stamped): AA432443▽1 =1/670 1
- Matrix / Runout (B side runout, stamped): AA432443▽2 =1/670 1