Howells – Moray Welsh, London Symphony Orchestra, Richard Hickox - Orchestral Works - Volume 1 download mp3 album
Cello – Moray Welsh (tracks: 3, 4). Composed By – Herbert Howells. Conductor – Richard Hickox. Cover – Derold Page. Liner Notes – Inge Moore. Orchestra – The London Symphony Orchestra. Photography By – Herbert Lambert. Photography By – Hanya Chlala. Photography By – Nigel Luckhurst. Producer – Brian Couzens. Typography – Dave Partridge.
Stephen Roberts/London Symphony Chorus/London Symphony Orchestra/Richard Hickox - Fantasia on Christmas Carols: Come all you worthy gentlemen 02:12. Yvonne Kenny/Bryn Terfel/London Symphony Chorus/London Symphony Orchestra/Richard Hickox - Dona nobis pacem: V. The Angel of Death has been abroad - 03:28. David n Symphony Chorus/London Symphony Orchestra/Richard Hickox - Or shall we die?
Album starts at BPM, ends at BPM (+0), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Richard Hickox. Orchestral Works, Volume 2: Symphony no. 2 "Sinfonia mistica", Te Deum laudamus. The Revenge: A Ballad of the Fleet, Songs of the Sea, Songs of the Fleet. Orchestral Works, Volume 6: A Royal Night of Variety, The Pageant of London, Berceuse, Chant d'espérance, Serenade, Orchestral Songs. Orchestral Works, Volume 4: A Prayer, Oration, Rebus, Lament, Allegro moderato.
Richard Hickox and the London Symphony Orchestra obviously relish these colourful and contrasting suite. ighly recommended. Whistle Down the Wind: 3. Finale 09. The Sound Barrier, A Rhapsody for Orchestra O. 8 10. Hobson's Choice: 1. Overture and Shoe Ballet 11. Hobson's Choice: . illie and Maggie (Theme and Variation I) 12. edding Night (Theme and Variations II) 13. Hobson's Choice: 4. Finale 14. The Inn of the Sixth Happiness: 1. London Prelude 15. The Inn of the Sixth Happiness: 2. Romantic Interlude 16. The Inn of the Sixth Happiness: 3. Happy Ending.
Orchestra: London Symphony Orchestra. Conductor: Richard Hickox. 8 & 9 February 1995 (disc one). 27 & 28 July 1996 (disc two). Helped y rich atmospheric sound, Richard Hickox draws performance that are both brilliant and warmly persuasive from the LSO, with Moray Welsh a movingly expressive soloist in the concertante works. A most attractive bargain reissue, joing together two equally desirable discs. The Penguin Guide – 1000 Greatest Classical Recordings 2011-12.
Howells: Orchestral Works, Vol. 1. 1996. Howells: Orchestral Works, Vol. (CD - Chandos. Fantasia for cello & orchestra. 4. Threnody for cello & orchestra (orch. by Christopher Palmer). 5. Pastoral Rhapsody, for orchestra.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||King's Herald (Arr. For Full Orchestra And Organ, From The Suite "Pageantry") [Allegro Brillante - Animato]||4:24|
|2||Paradise Rondel [Allegro E Vivace]||9:32|
|3||Fantasia For Cello And Orchestra [Tranquillo, Quasi Andante]
Cello – Moray Welsh
|4||Threnody For Cello And Orchestra [Lento Calmato, Assai Teneramente]
Cello – Moray WelshOrchestrated By – Christopher Palmer
|5||Pastoral Rhapsody [Tranquillo, Non Troppo Lento]||12:16|
|6||Procession [Allegro Moderato, Sempre Ritmico]||4:37|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Chandos Records Ltd
- Copyright (c) – Chandos Records Ltd
- Pressed By – Sony DADC
- Cello – Moray Welsh (tracks: 3, 4)
- Composed By – Herbert Howells
- Conductor – Richard Hickox
- Cover [Illustration: "Cotswold Landscape"] – Derold Page
- Design – Penny Lee
- Edited By – Jonathan Cooper
- Engineer [Assistant] – Annabel Weeden
- Engineer [Sound] – Ralph Couzens
- Liner Notes ["Howells: Orchestral Works"] – Lewis Foreman
- Liner Notes [French Translation] – Florence Daguerre De Hureaux
- Liner Notes [German Translation] – Inge Moore
- Orchestra – The London Symphony Orchestra
- Photography By [Herbert Howells, Booklet p.2] – Herbert Lambert
- Photography By [Moray Welsh, Booklet p. 16] – Hanya Chlala
- Photography By [Richard Hickox, Booklet p. 19] – Nigel Luckhurst
- Producer – Brian Couzens
- Typography [Booklet Typeset By] – Dave Partridge
Recording venue: All Saints Church, Tooting; 8-9 February 1995
℗ 1995 Chandos Records Ltd.
© 1995 Chandos Records Ltd.
Printed in the EU
Made in the EU
Sticker on front of CD jewel case: Editor's Choice Gramophone
CD is packaged in a standard plastic black-tray jewel case along with a 20 page booklet, notes in English, German and French.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 95115 94102 7
- Label Code: LC 7038
- SPARS Code: DDD
- Matrix / Runout: Sony DADC IFPI L554 A0100176861-0101 24 A0
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L554
- Barcode: IFPI 94K6
- Rights Society: MCPS