The kind of art Yes We Mystic creates. With their new record, Ten Seated Figures, Yes We Mystic has succeeded in exceeding their previous excess, creating something bigger than anything they’ve done before. Voices and instruments blend together, creating a swath of sound so dense and so complex that its origin can’t be placed. In opposition to 2016’s Forgiver, on which the band tried to fit in as many inorganic sounds as possible but make them feel as though they lived in an organically created musical world, Ten Seated Figures instead embraces the unfamiliar
joel kneller i saw you guys at local 510 in calgary. i was hooked your album has been getting played quite a bit in my world these day.
Show all albums by Yes We Mystic.
The album was met with acclaim in both Germany (where the album was released on DanCan records) and Canada. To support Forgiver, they played over 100 shows in 10 countries, appearing at NXNE, SXSW, The Great Escape, Reeperbahn, and Orange Blossom Special (itself a career highlight). The success of their first album led to their recent signing to DevilDuck Records worldwide. Yes We Mystic has spent three years attempting to recast organic sounds as alien and unfamiliar, running mandolins, acoustic guitars and orchestral string arrangements through cheap digital octave pedals and iPhones. By layering these sounds atop Adam Fuhr and Keegan Steele’s dark and triumphant compositions, the band once again presents a new face to the songwriting that has propelled them since their early days.
Stream Forgiver sampler, a playlist by Yes We Mystic from desktop or your mobile device. Produced by Jace Lasek and Yes We Mystic. Recorded with Jace Lasek from June 3-27 2015 at Breakglass Studio in Montreal and Private Ear Studio in Winnipeg. Additional Recording by John Paul Peters and Adam Fuhr.
Artist: Yes We Mystic. Quality: 320Kbps, Lossless. Yes We Mystic – Ten Seated Figures (2019). Mail (will not be published) (required). Vampire Weekend – Father of the Bride (2019). Artist: Vampire Weekend. Album: Father of the Bride.
Yes We Mystic - Working for the Future in the Interlake 03:56. Yes We Mystic - The Contest of Wit 04:31. Yes We Mystic - Odessa Steps 05:19. Yes We Mystic - Ceilings 04:22. Ten Seated Figures - Adam Fuhr, Yes We Mystic. Young Evil - Adam Fuhr, Yes We Mystic. Please Bring Me to Safety - Yes We Mystic.
|A1||The Contest Of Strength|
|A5||Working For The Future In The Interlake|
|B1||The Contest Of Wit|
|B3||Born Into Language|
- Recorded At – Breakglass Studios – none
- Mixed At – Breakglass Studios – none
- Recorded At – Private Ear Recording – none
- Mastered At – Grey Market Mastering – none
- Banjo – Andrew Judah (tracks: 8)
- Bass Guitar, Tape Op, Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – Jace Lasek
- Cello, Organ, Piano, Keyboards, Vocals – Jodi Plenert
- Drums, Percussion, Electronic Drums, Vocals – Jordon Ottenson
- Flute – Olga Goreas (tracks: 6)
- French Horn – Todd Martin
- Guitar, Keyboards, Organ, Piano, Synth, Bass Guitar, Music By, Lyrics By, Vocals – Adam Fuhr
- Lap Steel Guitar – Lloyd Peterson (tracks: 1)
- Layout, Design – Christopher Samms
- Mastered By – Ryan Morey
- Music By, Lyrics By – Adam Fuhr (tracks: 4)
- Music By, Lyrics By, Producer, Arranged By, Layout, Design – Yes We Mystic (tracks: 10)
- Producer – Adam Fuhr (tracks: 1)
- Producer, Recorded By – John Paul Peters (tracks: 1)
- Strings – Mamoru Kobayakawa (tracks: 4)
- Violin – Solana Johannson
- Vocals, Mandolin, Synth, Vibraphone, Percussion, Music By, Lyrics By – Keegan Steele
|none||Yes We Mystic||Forgiver (CD, Album, Promo)||Yes We Mystic Self Released||none||Canada||2016|