Micro-Phonies is the sixth full-length studio album by British electronic band Cabaret Voltaire. Released in November 1984, the album was the group's most mainstream hit to date, with the singles "Sensoria" and "James Brown" gaining popularity, especially the former, due to the music video finding MTV airplay. The album sees Cabaret Voltaire continuing to change, pursuing the more synthpop-oriented direction they had started shifting towards on The Crackdown.
Cabaret Voltaire – Micro-Phonies. Label: Virgin – 206 701, Virgin – 206 701-620. Format: Vinyl, LP, Album. An album that solidifies their move into electro-funk. Worth it alone for "Sensoria", but "James Brown" and "Digital Rasta" are good listens as well. Reply Notify me Helpful.
Experimental Rock Cabaret Voltaire. Band Name Cabaret Voltaire. Album Name Micro Phonies. 版公司 Virgin Records Some Bizzare.
Micro-Phonies' is basically a consolidation album after the artistic breakthrough of 'The Crackdown'. The Cabs essentially retain the sound of that album, while making a further nudge toward the mainstream by refining and streamlining the arrangements and production . respect those in authority over yo. .), few other elements of their former sound remain.
By: Cabaret Voltaire (1984, Electronic). More albums from Cabaret Voltaire: Plasticity by Cabaret Voltaire. Live At The Lyceum by Cabaret Voltaire. Hai! by Cabaret Voltaire. The Covenant, The Sword And The Arm Of The Lord by Cabaret Voltaire. Johnny Yesno (The Original Soundtrack From The Motion Picture) by Cabaret Voltaire. Body And Soul by Cabaret Voltaire. The Crackdown by Cabaret Voltaire. Groovy, Laidback And Nasty by Cabaret Voltaire. View all albums . Micro-Phonies. By: Cabaret Voltaire (1984, Electronic).
Released November 1984. Micro-Phonies Tracklist. 2. The Operative Lyrics.
DAF and the On-U Sound collective deserve as much notice for this, but the Cabs' relatively higher profile in the English/American cultural scheme made them the harbingers as much as anyone. Flood's sympathetic co-production with the band is another feather in his cap, and the album sounds just as strong today as it did upon its release.
|A4||Spies In The Wires||3:23|
|A5||Theme From Earthshaker||2:49|
- Record Company – Virgin Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Published By – Island Music Ltd.
- Recorded At – Western Works
- Mixed At – Sarm West Studios
- Pressed By – Sonopress
- Printed By – TOPAC
- Artwork [Original] – Phil Barnes
- Design [Sleeve Design] – Neville Brody
- Drum Programming, Programmed By [Tapes] – Cabaret Voltaire
- Drums, Percussion – Roger Quail
- Engineer – Flood, Paul Gomersall
- Engineer [Assistant] – Flood
- Guitar, Wind [Wind Instruments], Synthesizer, Computer [Fairlight] – Richard H. Kirk
- Percussion – Mark Tattersall
- Producer – Cabaret Voltaire, Flood
- Tabla – Eric Random
- Voice, Bass – Stephen Mallinder
- Written-By – Kirk*, Mallinder*
Notes℗ & © 1984 Virgin Records Ltd.
Engineered February/March and April/May 1984.
Recorded at Western Works. Mixed at Sarm West.
Printed in Western Germany by TOPAC, Gesellschaft für Tonträger-Verpackung mbH, Gütersloh · Imprimé en République Fédérale d'Allemagne
Printed inner sleeve with "some bizarre" next to Virgin logo. Same also printed on labels.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Label Code: LC 3098
- Price Code: 620
- Matrix / Runout (Label side A): DM 206 701 A
- Matrix / Runout (Label side B): DM 206 701 B
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1: Runout side A, stamped; last "II" etched): DM 206701 A-1/84S II II
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1: Runout side B, stamped; "II" etched): DM 206701 B-2/84S I II
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, variant 2): DM 206701 A-1/84S II
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, variant 2): DM 206701 B-1/84S II
- Rights Society: GEMA STEMRA BIEM
- Other (Inner sleeve number): 206 701-8
- Pressing Plant ID (Label side B, embossed): [Bass clef]
|CV 2||Cabaret Voltaire||Micro-Phonies (LP, Album)||Virgin, Some Bizzare||CV 2||UK||1984|
|262 VG 50092||Cabaret Voltaire||Micro-Phonies (Cass, Album)||Virgin||262 VG 50092||Greece||1984|
|CVCD2||Cabaret Voltaire||Micro-Phonies (CD, Album)||Virgin||CVCD2||UK||1984|
|CVCD2||Cabaret Voltaire||Micro-Phonies (CD, Album, RE)||Virgin||CVCD2||Europe||2000|
|CABS23||Cabaret Voltaire||Micro-Phonies (LP, Album, RE, RM)||Mute, The Grey Area||CABS23||UK||2013|