Hype is a 1981 album by singer Robert Calvert, the former frontman of British space-rock band Hawkwind. The musicians used for the recording mainly came from the band Bethnal who Calvert befriended during their support slot on Hawkwind's 1977 UK tour. All songs written by Robert Calvert.
Robert Calvert : Hype,álbum, crítica, lista de pistas, mp3, letras. Data de lançamento 1982. Labels See For Miles Records A Side. Estilo de MúsicaPsychedelic Rock. Membros têm este álbum0.
A Side Records (2). IF 0311. SEECD 278. Robert Calvert. Hype (CD, Album, RE). See For Miles Records Ltd. UK. 1989. SEE 278.
Hype is a music studio album recording by ROBERT CALVERT (Psychedelic/Space Rock/Progressive Rock) released in 1982 on cd, lp, vinyl and/or cassette. Only for completionists (0%).
On this page you can not listen to mp3 music free or download album or mp3 track to your PC, phone or tablet. All materials are provided for educational purposes. Released at: This album was released on the label A Side Records (2) (catalog number IF 0311). This album was released in 1981 year. Format of the release is. Vinyl, LP. Album. The album included the following session artists: Backing Vocals.
This is by far Robert Calvert's best album, in terms of songs and production. Don't expect anything like Hawkwind's "Sonic Attack" though; "Hype" is rooted firmly on terra firma. Calvert's lyrics, dealing with more Earthly topics than Hawkwind, are so witty and well composed they make me sad that Calvert is dead. The songs stick to traditional rock arrangements, omitting any long Hawkwind-esque instrumental passages. You WILL get at least a few of the songs stuck in your head after only one listening.
Album by Robert Calvert. Hanging Out on the Seafront. We Like to be Frightened. Teen Ballad of Deano. Flight 105. The Luminous Green Glow of the Dials on the Dashboard (At Night). Greenfly & the Rose.
|A1||Over My Head|
|A3||It's The Same|
|A4||Hanging Out On The Sea Front|
|B1||We Like To Be Frightened|
|B2||Teen Ballad Of Deano|
|B4||The Luminous Green Glow Of The Dials Of The Dashboard (At Night)|
|B5||Greenfly And The Rose|
|B6||Lord Of The Hornets|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – A Side Concepts
- Copyright (c) – See For Miles Records Ltd.
- Published By – Rock Music Co. Ltd.
- Pressed By – MPO
- Arranged By – Csapo*, Calvert*, House*
- Cello – Pete Pavli*
- Design – The Raven Design Group
- Drums, Electronic Drums [Syn-Drums], Percussion – Pete Dowling
- Keyboards, Violin, Backing Vocals – George Csapo, Simon House
- Lead Guitar – Trev Thoms
- Lead Vocals, Guitar, Synth, Percussion – Bob Calvert*
- Rhythm Guitar – Nick Michaels
- Saxophone, Backing Vocals – Nick Turner*
- Sleeve Notes – Alan Clayson
- Twelve-String Guitar, Backing Vocals – Mike Moorcock*
- Voice [Hold Me Tight] – Jaqui
- Written-By, Producer – Robert Calvert
NotesOriginal sound recording 1982 by A Side Concepts.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 014661 027813
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A etched): MPO SEE 278 A1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B etched): MPO SEE 278 B1
- Matrix / Runout (Label side A): SEE 278 / A
- Matrix / Runout (Label side B): SEE 278 / B
|IF 0311||Robert Calvert||Hype (LP, Album)||A Side Records||IF 0311||UK||1981|
|VP261CD||Robert Calvert||Hype (CD, Album, RE, Bon)||Voiceprint Group Of Companies||VP261CD||UK||2003|
|SEECD 278||Robert Calvert||Hype (CD, Album, RE)||See For Miles Records Ltd.||SEECD 278||UK||1989|
|HST131CD||Robert Calvert||Hype (CD)||Gonzo Multimedia||HST131CD||Europe||2013|