Good Looking Blues is the third studio album by British band Laika. It was released through Too Pure on 28 February 2000. The album peaked at number 37 on the UK Independent Albums Chart.
Still, Good Looking Blues shows a Laika that has learned from its past mistakes- they don't get lost in their own loops like they used to- and willing to stretch out and explore their surroundings. I'd gladly see electronic music lose its innovation if it meant more music like this album's creepily sublime title track or the quiet Reichian beauty of "A Single Word.
Listen free to Laika – Good Looking Blues (Black Cat Bone, Moccasin and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.
Good Looking Blues - Студийный альбом от Laika. Вышел 28 февраля 2000г. В альбом вошло 13 треков. Продолжительность альбома: 01:13:11. Laika - "Black Cat Bone". Black Cat Bone - Laika (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Soundtrack). Laika - Black Cat Bone. Black Cat Bone - Coming For You (Official Music Video).
A third album, Good Looking Blues, was released in 2000, with a collection of singles, B-sides and rarities called Lost in Space being released in 2001. 2003: Final recordings and hiatus. Up until 2003, each Laika release had been a full band recording involving, at the very least, Elliot and Frenett as players.
Good Looking Blues, 2000. Good Looking Blues, 2000. Black Cat Bone, 04:24. Good Looking Blues, 05:45.
Artwork, Design, Engineer, Primary Artist, Producer.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Black Cat Bone
Backing Vocals – Guy FixsenTambourine – Rob Ellis
Clavinet – Guy Fixsen
Electric Piano [Rhodes] – Margaret Murphy Fiedler*
|5||Good Looking Blues
Clarinet – Pete WhymanNoises [Found Sounds] – Margaret Murphy Fiedler*Piano [Prepared] – Rob EllisSynthesizer [Prophet] – Guy Fixsen
Backing Vocals, Bells [Sleigh Bells], Percussion [Chinese Healthy Balls] – Rob EllisSynthesizer [Minimoog] – Margaret Murphy Fiedler*
Triangle – Guy Fixsen
Electric Piano [Rhodes], Clavinet – Margaret Murphy Fiedler*
|10||Knowing Too Little
Drums [Distorted Drum Kit] – Rob Ellis
- Copyright (c) – Too Pure Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Too Pure Ltd.
- Published By – Chrysalis Music
- Glass Mastered At – Nimbus – D6004
- Bass – John Frenett (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 10)
- Clarinet [Bass] – Pete Whyman (tracks: 1, 5, 6, 9)
- Djembe – Lou Ciccotelli (tracks: 2, 7)
- Drums – Lou Ciccotelli (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 10)
- Drums [Conga] – Lou Ciccotelli (tracks: 1, 9, 10)
- Drums [Sogo] – Lou Ciccotelli (tracks: 2, 6, 8, 9)
- Electric Piano [Rhodes] – Guy Fixsen (tracks: 1 to 3, 6 to 10)
- Flute – Louise Elliott (tracks: 1, 5, 6, 9)
- Guitar – Guy Fixsen (tracks: 1, 7 to 10), Margaret Murphy Fiedler* (tracks: 2, 3, 6, 9)
- Mastered By – Tony Cousins
- Mixed By – Guy Fixsen
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Doug Cook
- Producer – Fixsen*, Fiedler*
- Recorded By [Drums, Bass] – Mike Senior
- Recorded By [Percussion, Piano] – Andrew Hernandez
- Sampler – Guy Fixsen (tracks: 2 to 6, 8, 10), Margaret Murphy Fiedler* (tracks: 1, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10)
- Synthesizer [Minimoog] – Guy Fixsen (tracks: 1, 3 to 5, 7 to 9)
- Trumpet – Matt Barge (tracks: 1, 6)
- Turntables – Danny Doyle (tracks: 1, 2, 8 to 10)
- Written-By, Engineer, Programmed By – Guy Fixsen
- Written-By, Engineer, Programmed By, Vocals – Margaret Murphy Fiedler*
NotesThis record is dedicated to Heather Mary Fixen.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 644918008927
- Matrix / Runout: NIMBUS D6004 PURE 89 CDP : 1:0
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L129
- Mould SID Code: ifpi 2335
|SI22CD||Laika||Good Looking Blues (CD, Album)||Sound Improvement||SI22CD||Poland||2000|
|none||Laika||Good Looking Blues (10xFile, MP3, Album, 320)||Too Pure||none||Europe||2000|
|PURE 89 CD||Laika||Good Looking Blues (CD, Album, Promo)||Too Pure||PURE 89 CD||UK||2000|
|PURE 89CD, RTD 121.3607.2||Laika||Good Looking Blues (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Too Pure , Zomba||PURE 89CD, RTD 121.3607.2||Russia||2000|
|724384894023||Laika||Good Looking Blues (CD, Album)||Too Pure, Labels||724384894023||France||2000|