DePaul University Jazz Ensemble, Bob Lark - Shade Street download mp3 album
With Salutes Woody Herman, The DePaul University Jazz Ensemble with Jeff Hamilton and other guests holds eminently true to Herman's music-centric philosophy. It is a very genuine, superbly performed effort in every regard. What better tribute than to hold true to the mentor's purist approach? ADVERTISEMENT. This high-energy and very swinging faculty cum student ensemble, led by Bob Lark and driven by Herman alum, Hamilton delivers a superb performance.
Lark has meshed this group into a powerful unit that has benefited from the veteran leader's many friends in the world of jazz who have made guest appearances; on this occasion, pianist/arranger Jim McNeely appears on four selections. Saxophonist Dan Nicholson penned the multifaceted "That Being Said," an upbeat number with a rich harmonic structure featuring guitarist Scott Hesse, while Hesse wrote the tantalizing ballad "The Beautiful One" and trumpeter Dan Jonas the elegant "Platitude.
Artist: Clark Terry, Bob Lark, DePaul University Jazz Ensemble I, Keith O. Johnson, J. Tamblyn Henderson Jr. Album: Clark Terry/Frank Wess: Big Band Basie. Clark Terry - Trumpet Mouthpiece Blues The Jazz Masters Collection, 2014 04:06.
The Jazz Ensemble is one of thirteen student jazz groups at DePaul University, performing several times throughout the academic year both on and off campus. The band performs regurlarly at Chicago's premier jazz club, Joe and Wayne Segal's Jazz Showcase.
In 2013, DePaul University honored Bob Lark as an ambassador for the DePaul Distinctions campaign. He serves as a Professor of Jazz Studies at DePaul University, where he directs the university Jazz Ensemble; a student jazz chamber group; teaches jazz trumpet and courses in jazz pedagogy, jazz history and jazz style.
The performance of Bob Lark's DePaul University Jazz Ensemble readily affirms its reputation as one of the finest orchestras in the country-which, incidentally, is very capable of providing a lesson or two of its ow. Edward Blanco). baotram 9 January 2019 09:52.
Frank Wess & Bob Lark). Clark Terry & DePaul University Jazz Ensemble 2007. DePaul University Jazz Ensemble & Jeff Hamilton 2013. John Bruce Yeh, DePaul University Jazz Ensemble & Robert Lark 1993. Do Nothing till You Hear from Me. I Want a Little Girl (feat. Rob Denty & Vance Thompson).
DePaul University Concert Hall. Bright Celebratory Cheerful Energetic Freewheeling Fun Happy Light Lively Playful Stylish Swaggering. Count Basie, The DePaul University Jazz Ensemble, Clark Terry, Frank Wess. The DePaul University Jazz Ensemble.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Soloist, Drums – Dana HallSoloist, Tenor Saxophone – Jason RigbySoloist, Trumpet – Ben Clark Written-By – Thomas Matta
Soloist, Trombone – David Bradley Soloist, Trumpet – Vance ThompsonWritten-By – Vance Thompson
|3||From One Who Cares
Soloist, Soprano Saxophone – Jason RigbyWritten-By – Michael Abene
|4||Song For My Mother
Soloist, Tenor Saxophone – Jason RigbySoloist, Trombone – Steve Bradley Written-By – Vance Thompson
Arranged By – Thomas MattaSoloist, Alto Saxophone – Jon IrabagonSoloist, Piano – Marcin FahmySoloist, Trombone – Steve Bradley Soloist, Trumpet – Jason AspinwallWritten-By – Bob Lark
|6||One For Monterey
Arranged By – Michael AbeneSoloist, Drums – Dana HallSoloist, Tenor Saxophone – Rob DentySoloist, Trumpet – Vance ThompsonWritten-By – Carroll Coates
Soloist, Drums – Dana HallSoloist, Trombone – Steve Bradley Soloist, Trumpet – Amir El Saffar*Written-By – Doug Angelaccio
|8||I Thought About You
Arranged By – Dave HuttenSoloist, Bass – Sharay ReedSoloist, Piano – Greg Smith Soloist, Tenor Saxophone – Rob DentySoloist, Trumpet – Ross BergsethWritten-By – Jimmy Van Heusen, Johnny Mercer
- Recorded By – Streeterville Studios
- Mixed At – Streeterville Studios
- Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Flute – Aaron Irwin (tracks: 1, 3 to 5), Dave Hutten (tracks: 2, 6 to 8), Doug Angelaccio (tracks: 2, 6 to 8), Jon Irabagon (tracks: 1, 3 to 5)
- Artwork [Cover] – John Wallace
- Baritone Saxophone, Bass Clarinet – Craig Denny (tracks: 1, 3 to 5), Matana Roberts (tracks: 2, 6 to 8)
- Bass – Joel Root (tracks: 1, 3 to 5), Sharay Reed (tracks: 2, 6 to 8)
- Bass Trombone – Grant Miazga
- Directed By, Producer, Mixed By – Bob Lark
- Drums – Dana Hall
- Engineer [Recording], Mixed By – Freddie Breitberg*
- Guitar – John Paris (tracks: 2, 6 to 8), Jon Lundbom (tracks: 1, 3 to 5)
- Liner Notes – Michael Abene
- Piano – Greg Smith (tracks: 2, 6 to 8), Marcin Fahmy (tracks: 1, 3 to 5)
- Tenor Saxophone, Flute – Rick Merrick (tracks: 1, 3 to 5)
- Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone – Frank Catalano (tracks: 2, 6 to 8), Jason Rigby (tracks: 1, 3 to 5)
- Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Flute – Rob Denty (tracks: 2, 6 to 8)
- Trombone – David Bradley (tracks: 2, 6 to 8), Drew Pekkarinen (tracks: 1, 3 to 5), Steve Bradley
- Trombone [Lead] – Jim Lathan (tracks: 1, 3 to 5), Troy Anderson (tracks: 2, 6 to 8)
- Trumpet – Amir El Saffar* (tracks: 2, 6 to 8), Ben Clark (tracks: 1, 3 to 5), Kevin Tague (tracks: 1, 3 to 5), Marques Carroll (tracks: 1, 3 to 5), Mike McManis (tracks: 2, 6 to 8), Ross Bergseth (tracks: 2, 6 to 8), Steve Thomas (tracks: 1, 3 to 5), Vance Thompson (tracks: 2, 6 to 8)
- Trumpet [Lead] – Jason Aspinwall
NotesTracks 1, 3 to 5 recorded May 21, 1998.
Tracks 2, 6 to 8 recorded May 22, 1997.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 753951859226
- SPARS Code: ADD