Limited to 200 cassettes. Some songs recorded in 1998. The rest was recorded August, 24th, 2001. Pre-release of the official CD version that was scheduled for a March, 2002 release.
The Manual" continues along these lines, with Ayentee demanding us to "stop frontin' like everything is peachy, cause if you're a worker your rights are gettin' taken away very discreetly," mixed with his own fears to "live a life baggin' groceries again," because to him, "a 9 to 5 is a pointless way to stay alive. All the better then, that he thinks about his own profession, for example on "What's Your Mission". Advertising underground hip-hop as the "Freest Form of Media", Ayentee makes ample use of that media on his second album. His motive is sometimes clearer than his message, but that's what you get when a rapper aspires to be a credible artist.
Listen to music from Ayentee like The Story. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Ayentee. Ayentee (pronounced A-N-T) is an Emcee/Producer of 12+ years from Berkeley, Ca who believes in free music.
About: This Is For The Hustlers is dedicated to the independent hip hop scene and the do it yourself mentality of releasing music.
Ayentee, Berkeley, California. Rapper, Producer from the Bay Area, CA who focuses on lyricism and crafting albums . Thank you for taking the time to look at my album cover. Yes it's a bit silly, I know. But the music inside is poetic, honest, raw and well thought out. Who am I? My name is Ayentee (pronounced A-N-T) and I am a Hip Hop artist from Berkeley, CA. This is my latest release, "My Retirement Plan IS Death". I am a self funded, day job having, wholly independent artist.
The Manual (How to Have a Number One the Easy Way) is a 1988 book by "The Timelords" (Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty), better known as The KLF. It is a step by step guide to achieving a N. single with no money or musical skills, and a case study of the duo's UK novelty pop No. 1 "Doctorin' the Tardis". The advice dispensed by The Manual includes: "Firstly, you must be skint and on the dole
Ayentee ft. Genelec, T-Root & Kirby Dominant What Now? 04:27. play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw). Ayentee Tip Jar (alternate take).
Day By Day Item No: 12784.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Performer [Sample] – Bob James
Performer [Sample] – Ohio Players
|3||Freest Form Of Media
Performer [Sample] – Funkadelic
Performer [Sample] – Melvin Bliss
Performer [Sample] – The Isley BrothersWritten By – K. Wilson
|6||Whats Your Mission
Performer [Sample] – Kool And The Gang*
Featuring – WonwayPerformer [Sample] – Tom BrowneWritten-By [Co] – J. Amador*
Performer [Sample] – Honey Drippers*
Performer [Sample] – Parlament*
Performer [Sample] – Zapp
Performer [Sample] – George Clinton
|12||Fan Of The Average Fan
Featuring – Logic Performer [Sample] – James BrownWritten By [Co] – H.
Performer [Sample] – James Brown
Performer [Sample] – Average White Band
Featuring – Genelec, Kirby Dominant, T-Root Performer [Sample] – James BrownWritten By [Co] – G. GrantWritten-By [Co] – E. Gatica*, K. Dominick*
- Artwork [Cover Art] – Miguel "Bounce DOA" Perez*
- Executive-Producer – Anthony Blackman, D.J. Fisher, Percy Carey
- Mastered By – Ken Lee
- Producer, Sleeve Notes – Ayentee
- Written-By – A. Blackman*
Notes1. Everybodys Business contains samples from "Nautilus" by Bob James.
2. The Story contains samples from "Funky Worm" by Ohio Players.
3. Freest Form Of Media contains samples from "One Nation Under A Groove" by Funkadelic.
4. New Vision contains samples from "Synthetic Substitution" by Melvin Bliss.
5. Average Alienation contains samples from "Between The Sheets" by The Isley Brothers.
6. What's Your Mission? contains samples from "Jungle Boogie" by Kool and The Gang.
7. The Pledge contains samples from "Funkin 4 Jamaica" by Tom Browne.
8. 10,000 Years contains samples from "Impeach The President" by Honey Drippers.
9. Urgent contains samples from "Flashlight" by Parlament.
10. Emotional Vampire contains samples from "More Bounce To The Ounce" by Zapp.
11. Stuck contains samples from "Atomic Dog" by George Clinton.
12. Fan Of The Average Fan contains samples from "The Payback" by James Brown.
13. Record Label contains samples from "Funky Drummer" by James Brown.
14. The Reason contains samples from "Schoolboy Crush" by Average White Band.
15. What Now? contains samples from "Funky Presedent" by James Brown.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 7 77215 10450 1
|none||Ayentee||The Manual - Walkman Edition (Cass, Ltd)||Not On Label (Ayentee Self-released)||none||US||2002|