Silence Yourself Album Artwork Lyrics
Silence Yourself proves that Savages are more than just talk. Savages' music feels out of step with current trends- which I'm sure they'd take as a compliment. Savages might make political pronouncements in interviews and on album covers, but their songs come from a lived-in perspective as Beth inhabits her different characters’ states of mind- and forces the listener to do the same. How old are you, really?" a voice asks in the opening seconds of the album; it hovers in the air without an answer. It might be a knowing sneer at critics who think Savages are just recycling post-punk’s signature sound, but ostensibly it’s also a salute to an artistic kindred spirit.
Adore Life is the second studio album by the English post-punk band Savages, released on 22 January 2016. The album was also nominated for the 2016 Mercury Prize, Savages' second consecutive nomination after Silence Yourself was nominated for the prize in 2013. Adore Life drew comparison to once again Siouxsie Sioux. Financial Times wrote: "Beth sings with imposing control: even the words she utters with a wild yelp, à la Siouxsie Sioux, seem purposely unleashed".
Silence Yourself (2013) - download mp3 or listen online. Silence Yourself (2013) - download the album and listen online. On this page you can listen to the album, get information about the album, see the list of songs and much more. Listen online and stay in a good mood. Org Album: Silence Yourself (2013).
There are several important things you must do before listening to Silence Yourself, the debut album from London four-piece Savages. Lie flat on your back, turn out every light in the room then disconnect yourself from the Internet, from your phone, from any form of social interaction. Do all these things and the subsequent blistering 38 minutes will be amongst the most claustrophobically rewarding of your aural year. Savages want you, me, all of us to just shut up. During live performances they have repeatedly bemoaned the unfortunate modern ubiquity of handheld photographic devices
That this is Savages’ debut record seems astonishing. It’s an album which demands you listen, an album about experiences, when the familiar becomes alien, when things slip away. And, most importantly, this album is about taking control back.
Album Name Silence Yourself. Released date 07 May 2013. Labels Matador Pop Noire Records. Music StylePost-punk. Members owning this album4. 1. Shut up. 2. I Am Here. 5. Waiting for a Sign.
Savages (2) – Silence Yourself. Label: Matador – OLE-1036-2, Pop Noire Records – OLE-1036-2. Country: Australia & New Zealand. Don't let the fuckers get you down" "This album is to be played loud in the foreground" "'Strife' and 'Waiting For A Sign' dedicated to Johnny Hostile".
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||I Am Here||3:20|
|5||Waiting For A Sign||5:25|
Soloist, Clarinet, Performer – Duke Garwood
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Ayşe Hassan
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Fay Milton
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Gemma Thompson
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Pop Noire
- Copyright (c) – Ayşe Hassan
- Copyright (c) – Fay Milton
- Copyright (c) – Gemma Thompson
- Copyright (c) – Pop Noire
- Licensed To – Matador Records
- Published By – BMG Rights Management (UK) Limited
- Published By – Pop Noire
- Recorded At – The Fish Factory
- Mixed At – Pop Noire Records Studio
- Mixed At – XL Studios
- Mixed At – Sarm Studios
- Mastered At – The Exchange
- Made By – Arvato – 55454193
- Design – Antoine Carlier
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer] – Mattia Sartori
- Illustration [Drawing] – Gemma Thompson
- Lyrics By – Jehnny Beth
- Mastered By – Mike Marsh
- Mixed By [Pop Noire Records Studio] – Johnny Hostile
- Mixed By [XL Studio] – Rodaidh McDonald
- Musician [Savages], Bass – Ayse Hassan*
- Musician [Savages], Drums – Fay Milton
- Musician [Savages], Guitar – Gemma Thompson
- Musician [Savages], Vocals – Jehnny Beth
- Photography By [Photo By] – Richard Dumas
- Producer – Johnny Hostile, Rodaidh McDonald
- Written-By, Performer – Savages
NotesRecorded at Fish Factory, London, December 2012
Mixed in London at Pop Noire Records Studio and at XL Studio
Additional mixing at Sarm Studio
Mastered at The Exchange, London
Dialogue excerpt on 'Shut Up' from the film Opening Night by John Cassavetes © Faces Distribution Corp
"Don't let the fuckers get you down"
"This album is to be played loud in the foreground"
"'Strife' and 'Waiting For A Sign' dedicated to Johnny Hostile"
All songs published by BMG Rights Management UK Ltd; A BMG Chrysalis Company / Pop Noire © 2013
℗ & © Hassan / Milton / Thompson / Pop Noire (Beth)
Under exclusive license to Matador Records 2013
Packaging: Digipak with an 18-panel poster style lyric sheet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (String): 744861103622
- Barcode (Printed): 7 44861 10362 2
- Matrix / Runout (Variants 1, 2, 3): arvato 55454193/OLE1036-2 21
- Mastering SID Code (Variants 1, 2, 3): IFPI LP 73
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 0757
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 0797
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 0776
- Label Code (Sleeve): LC 1552
- Label Code (Disc): LC 11552
|OLE-1036-1||Savages||Silence Yourself (LP, Album, Ltd, Cle)||Matador, Pop Noire||OLE-1036-1||UK & US||2013|
|BGJ-10174||Savages||Silence Yourself (CD, Album)||Matador, Hostess Entertainment Unlimited||BGJ-10174||Japan||2013|
|OLE-1036-1||Savages||Silence Yourself (LP, Album)||Matador, Pop Noire||OLE-1036-1||UK & US||2013|
|HN1082CD||Savages||Silence Yourself (CD)||High Note Records||HN1082CD||Taiwan||2013|
|OLE-1036-2, OLE-1039-2P||Savages||Silence Yourself (CD, Album + CD, EP)||Matador, Pop Noire, Matador, Pop Noire||OLE-1036-2, OLE-1039-2P||UK & Europe||2013|