Album · 2000 · 20 Songs. European Klezmer Music Khevrisa. Listen on Apple Music. Bamboo On the Mountains: Kmhmu Highlanders from Southeast Asia and the United States.
Khevrisa – European Klezmer Music. Label: Smithsonian Folkways – SFW CD 40486. Violin And Cimbal Music For The Wedding Table In G Minor.
Khevrisa: European Klezmer Music The idea of klezmer as goodtime music makes every bit as much sense as the idea of polka as goodtime music. Obviously that's the main thing both are supposed to be. Only goodtime musics happen to be a passion of mine, and there are plenty that do the deed better. So the klezmer that moves me generally has spiritual ambitions
Listen to European Klezmer Music in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
Klezmer music takes its name from the Yiddish word for musician. But thereafter attempts to define the genre fall short.
Released: April 1, 2000. Originally Released: 2000. Label: Smithsonian Folkways. Ahavo Rabbo Shteyger. Kale Bazetsn (Seating the Bride)/Khusidl (Khasidic Dance).
|I. Suite In A Minor, A Freygish, D Freygish, D Minor|
|4||Ahavo Rabbo Shteyger (Violin Solo)||2:49|
|5||Ahavo Rabbo Shteyger (Cimbal Solo)||1:40|
|9||Fun Der Khupe||3:13|
|II. C Minor|
|10||Di Shvartse Khasene (The Black Wedding)||3:34|
|III. Violin And Cimbal Music For The Wedding Table In G Minor|
|15||Alter Yiddisher Tants (Old Jewish Dance)||2:40|
|Old Moldavian Klezmer Suite In E|
|18||Bughici's Terkisher Freylakhs||4:09|
- Arranged By – W. Z. Feldman* (tracks: 1 to 16, 18 to 20)
- Bass – Stuart Brotman
- Cimbalom [Cimbal] – W. Zev Feldman*
- Coordinator [Production] – Mary Monseur
- Cover [Cover Art] – Wincenty Smokowski
- Design, Layout – Visual Dialogue
- Liner Notes [Notes, Song Annotations, Glossary], Co-producer, Producer [Artistic] – Walter Zev Feldman
- Other [Editorial Assistance] – Carla Borden
- Photography By – Daniel Milner, Helma Vincke, Jeri Drucker, Katarzyna Zajda
- Recorded By, Mastered By – Joseph Marciano*
- Supervised By [Production] – D. A. Sonneborn*, Daniel Sheehy
- Supervised By [Sound], Edited By [Digital] – Pete Reiniger
- Violin [First], Co-producer, Other [Funded By], Producer [Artistic] – Steven Greenman
- Violin [Sekund] – Alicia Svigals
- Violin [Sekund], Producer [Recording], Other [Artistic Advisor] – Michael Alpert
NotesRecorded and mastered at Systems II, Brooklyn, NY, January 11-12 & March 17-19, 1999.
℗© 2000 Smithsonian Folkways Recordings