Winston Tong (born 1951 in San Francisco, California) is an actor, playwright, visual artist, puppeteer, and singer-songwriter. He is best known for his vocals in Tuxedomoon and for winning an Obie award in puppetry for Bound Feet in 1978. Tong was born in the United States to Chinese parents exiled by the Communist revolution. He graduated with a degree in theatre from the California Institute of Arts in 1973. While at CalArts, he studied classical vocals with Marni Nixon
Given Winston Tong's interest in art in general, not simply music in and of itself, it's little surprise that his 1983 solo release, his second overall, is more than just an album - in original form, it was a combination cassette/book release. Like the Others was reissued as a strictly stand-alone effort in the future, but the literary focus of the release remained central, pitched somewhere between a spoken word/poetic recitation and a series of musical explorations.
3. Going Out of My Head, For Your Love. Listen to Like the Others in full in the this site app. Play on this site. 1983 Les Disques du Crépuscule.
Like the Others (Remastered) Winston Tong. Reports From The Heart - Single.
Winston Tong - Like the Others. Winston Tong - Comme les autres. Top Songs By Winston Tong. 1. Reports From The Heart. 528. 2. Broken English (12" Remix). 210. 3. The Principles Of Movement. 97. 5. Like The Others. 79. 6. Broken English.
|A||Like The Others|
|B||Commes Les Autres|
- Distributed By – Madrigal
- Pressed By – MPO
- Printed By – Imprimerie JAT, Saint-Quentin
- Produced At – Little Big One Studios
- Cover [Cover Concept] – Winston Tong
- Design [Designed By] – Multiple
- Percussion – Daniel Link
- Piano, Voice, Words By, Music By – Winston Tong
- Producer – Gilles Martin, Peter Principle
- Translated By – Martine Jawerbaum
NotesProduction at Little Big One, Brussels.
Distribué by MADRIGAL FRANCE
Printed in France
Made in France
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, hand-etched runout): MPO 1-83 S A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, hand-etched runout): MPO 1-83 S B
- Rights Society: SACEM SACD SDRM SGDL
- Other (Ref# on back cover): divine 118 2