The Lightning Seeds – Cloudcuckooland. Genre: Electronic, Rock, Pop. Style: Alternative Rock, Pop Rock, Synth-pop. D 30328, GHETT 3. Lightning Seeds. Cloudcuckooland (CD, Album). Liberation Records, Ghetto Recording Company. Australia. 2. The Lightning Seeds.
Taking what he learned from his days in Big in Japan and his '80s production work with A-listers Echo & the Bunnymen, Ian Broudie created the Lightning Seeds project to better serve his cravings for shameless, lush pop. Even in these early days, with singles like "Pure" and "All I Want," you can hear why comparisons to a less burlesque Pet Shop Boys or a Matthew Sweet synth tribute band didn't have to be unpleasant criticisms
Cloudcuckooland is the debut album by the British musical project The Lightning Seeds, released in 1990. Pure" was the band's first hit in the United Kingdom, and their only Top 40 entry in the United States. Liverpool scene peers Andy McCluskey and Ian McNabb – frontmen of OMD and The Icicle Works, respectively – appeared in guest roles.
Jollification is the third album by The Lightning Seeds. All songs were written by Ian Broudie, with contributions on some tracks from Alison Moyet, Ian McNabb and Terry Hall. Four tracks from the album were released as singles in the UK: "Lucky You", "Marvellous", "Change" and "Perfect". It peaked at number 12 in the UK Albums Chart, and gained platinum certification in December 1995.
Band Name The Lightning Seeds. Album Name Cloudcuckooland. Labels Ghetto (GHETT 3). Music StyleBritpop. Members owning this album0. Bound in a Nutshell.
Cloudcuckooland - Студийный альбом от The Lightning Seeds. Вышел 14 марта 1990г. В альбом вошло 26 треков. Продолжительность альбома: 01:39:54. british indie rock pop. 14 марта 1990г.
Album · 1990 · 11 Songs. More By The Lightning Seeds. See All. Like You Do - Best of the Lightning Seeds.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||All I Want
Written-By – Coyle*
|A2||Bound In A Nutshell||4:20|
Written-By – Jobson*
|A5||The Nearly Man||3:05|
|B3||Don't Let Go||3:44|
|B4||Control The Flame
Written-By – Coyle*
- Record Company – Dro, S.A.
- Distributed By – Dro, S.A.
- Manufactured By – Eurogram, S.A.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Ghetto Recording Company
- Copyright (c) – Ghetto Recording Company
- Printed By – Indugraf Madrid, S.A.
- Backing Vocals – Cate Shanks, Ian McNab*
- Engineer – Cenzo Townshend
- Engineer [Additional engineering] – Paul Cobbold, Pete Colman*
- Engineer [Assistant] – Ian McFarlane
- Organ – Henry Priestman (tracks: B4)
- Photography By – Peter Ashworth
- Piano – Henry Priestman (tracks: A2)
- Producer, Written-By – Ian Broudie
- Programmed By [Additional programming] – Simon Rogers, Steve Brown
- Saxophone – Micky Kearns*
NotesEdita y distribuye D.R.O. S.A. 1989
℗ 1990 Ghetto Recording Company
© 1990 Ghetto Recording Company
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed on back cover): 8 414184 506753
- Rights Society: S.G.A.E.
- Depósito Legal: M.44506-89
|ghettd 3||The Lightning Seeds*||Cloudcuckooland (CD, Album)||Ghetto Recording Company||ghettd 3||UK||1990|
|INT 847.417||The Lightning Seeds*||Cloudcuckooland (CD, Album)||Ghetto Recording Company||INT 847.417||Germany||1990|
|MCAD-6404||Lightning Seeds||Cloudcuckooland (CD, Album)||MCA Records||MCAD-6404||Canada||1990|
|IND 5591.2, DICD 560||The Lightning Seeds*||Cloudcuckooland (CD, Album)||Indisc, Indisc||IND 5591.2, DICD 560||France & Benelux||1989|
|D 30328, none||Lightning Seeds||Cloudcuckooland (CD, Album)||Liberation Records, Ghetto Recording Company||D 30328, none||Australia||1990|