Verdi - Jan Peerce, Leonard Warren, Erna Berger, Italo Tajo - Rigoletto download mp3 album
Leonard Warren, Jan Peerce, Erna Berger, Italo Tajo, Nan Merriman. Renato Cellini RCA Victor Orchestra Robert Shaw Chorale. CD: RCA Red Seal Cat: 88883729002. Josef Metternich, Rudolf Schock, Rita Streich, Wilhelm Lang, Margarete Klose. Ferenc Fricsay, Deutsches Symphonie-Orchester Berlin, RIAS Kammerchor. CD: Myto Records, Cat: 945111. Rigoletto, Deutsche Grammophon. "Verdi: Rigoletto Vocal & Song Opera in English Opera In English". Retrieved 26 December 2017. Retrieved 15 June 2014.
Baritone Vocals – Leonard Warren. Bass Vocals – Paul Ukena. Bass Vocals – Richard Wentworth. Bass Vocals – Italo Tajo. Chorus – The Robert Shaw Chorale. Chorus Master – Robert Shaw. Similar release to Verdi Rigoletto, there is a slight difference in back cover layouts with "SILENT SURFACE NON-BREAKABLE" being prominent on this version. Matrix, Runout (Side 1 Label): EO-LRO-3890.
Erna Berger is an absolutely perfect Gilda. Rigoletto's daughter is supposed to be a teenager and therefore, in my mind, should have a light, yet agile voice. I know that much heavier voices have successfully done Gilda with significant critical acclaim but to me lighter voice makes much more dramatic sense. Warren was the best Rigoletto in his time. But it may not be too much to say he is the best Rigoletto since we have recordings of complete operas.
Leonard Warren, Jan Peerce, Erna Berger, Italo Tajo, Nan Merriman, Richard Wentworth, Robert Shaw Chorale, RCA Orchestra, Renato Cellini. Be the first to like this artist! Similar Artists' Popularity within april. Leonard Warren, Jan Peerce, Erna Berger, Italo Tajo, Nan Merriman, Richard Wentworth, Robert Shaw Chorale, RCA Orchestra, Renato Cellini. 0. we've improved your Playlist of the day and other smart playlists.
Italo Tajo (April 25, 1915 – March 28, 1993) was an Italian operatic bass, particularly associated with Mozart and Rossini roles. Tajo was born in Pinerolo, Piedmont, Italy and studied violin and voice at the Music Conservatory of Turin with Nilde Stichi-Bertozzi. He made his stage debut in 1935, as Fafner (Das Rheingold), under Fritz Busch. At Busch's invitation, he followed him to Glyndebourne, where he became a member of the chorus, also appearing in comprimario roles. Tajo made relatively few recordings, the most famous being the 1950 RCA Victor Rigoletto, with Leonard Warren, Erna Berger and Jan Peerce, conducted by Renato Cellini. He also recorded The Marriage of Figaro and Don Giovanni for Cetra. He can also be heard in live broadcasts of Macbeth, opposite Maria Callas, conducted by Victor de Sabata; and the Florence War and Peace.
Leonard Warren (Rigoletto), Erna Berger (Gilda), Jan Peerce (Il Duca di Mantova), Nan Merriman (Maddalena), Italo Tajo (Sparafucile), Mary Kreste (Giovanna), Richard Wentworth (Monterone), Arthur Newman (Marullo), Nathaniel Sprinzena (Borsa), Paul Ukena (Il Conte di Ceprano), Joyce White (La Contessa. Show 27 remaining tracks for Verdi: Verdi: Rigoletto. Act I: Gran nuova! Gran nuova!
Giuseppe Verdi, Jan Peerce, Leonard Warren, Erna Berger, Italo Tajo, Arthur Newman, Nathaniel Sprinzena, Nan Merriman, Mary Kreste, Richard Wentworth, Paul Ukena, Joyce White, Robert Shaw Chorale, RCA Victor Orchestra, Renato Cellini. Download now. English.
Leonard Warren, Renato Cellini. Conductor, Primary Artist.
|B||Act 2 - First Part|
|C||Act 2 - Conclusion|
|D||Act 3 - First Part|
|E1||Act 3 - Conclusion|
|E2||Act 4 - First Part|
|F||Act 4 - Conclusion|
- Record Company – The Gramophone Co. Ltd.
- Baritone Vocals [Marullo, An Usher] – Arthur Newman
- Baritone Vocals [Rigoletto] – Leonard Warren
- Bass Vocals [Count Ceprano] – Paul Ukena
- Bass Vocals [Count Monterone] – Richard Wentworth
- Bass Vocals [Sparafucile] – Italo Tajo
- Chorus – The Robert Shaw Chorale
- Chorus Master – Robert Shaw
- Composed By – Verdi*
- Conductor – Renato Cellini
- Liner Notes – Trevor Fisher
- Mezzo-soprano Vocals [Giovanna] – Mary Kreste
- Mezzo-soprano Vocals [Maddalena] – Nan Merriman
- Orchestra – RCA Victor Orchestra*
- Soprano Vocals [Countess Ceprano, A Page] – Joyce White
- Soprano Vocals [Gilda] – Erna Berger
- Tenor Vocals [Borsa] – Nathaniel Sprinzena
- Tenor Vocals [The Duke Of Mantua] – Jan Peerce
NotesSet of three autocoupled records (record one has sides 1 and 6, record two has sides 2 and 5, record three has sides 3 and 4)
Similar release to Verdi Rigoletto , there is a slight difference in back cover layouts with "SILENT SURFACE NON-BREAKABLE" being prominent on this version.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 Label): EO-LRO-3890
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 Label): EO-LRO-3891
- Matrix / Runout (Side 3 Label): EO-LRO-3892
- Matrix / Runout (Side 4 Label): EO-LRO-3893
- Matrix / Runout (Side 5 Label): EO-LRC-3894
- Matrix / Runout (Side 6 Label): EO-LRC-3895
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 Runout): EO-LRC-3890 7S 1 IV
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 Runout): EO-LRC-3891-3N G 1
- Matrix / Runout (SIde 3 Runout): EO-LRC-3892 8S H IV
- Matrix / Runout (Side 4 Runout): EO-LRC-3893 6S L IV
- Matrix / Runout (Side 5 Runout): EO-LRC-3894-3N G
- Matrix / Runout (Side 6 Runout): EO-LRC-3895-1N T 12
- Rights Society: B.I.E.M.
|8.110148-49||Giuseppe Verdi - Leonard Warren, Erna Berger, Jan Peerce, Nan Merriman, Robert Shaw Chorale*, RCA Victor Orchestra*, Renato Cellini||Giuseppe Verdi - Leonard Warren, Erna Berger, Jan Peerce, Nan Merriman, Robert Shaw Chorale*, RCA Victor Orchestra*, Renato Cellini - Rigoletto (2xCD, Album, Comp)||Naxos Historical||8.110148-49||Europe||2001|
|OP 6/A||Giuseppe Verdi||Rigoletto - Prima Parte (Cass)||Fabbri Editori||OP 6/A||Italy||1993|
|ALP 1004, ALP 1005, ALP 1006||Jan Peerce, Erna Berger, Leonard Warren, Italo Tajo, Renato Cellini||Jan Peerce, Erna Berger, Leonard Warren, Italo Tajo, Renato Cellini - Verdi Rigoletto (LP, Mono)||His Master's Voice, His Master's Voice, His Master's Voice||ALP 1004, ALP 1005, ALP 1006||UK||Unknown|
|AVM2-0698||Giuseppe Verdi - RCA Orchestra*, Renato Cellini, The Robert Shaw Chorale, Robert Shaw||Giuseppe Verdi - RCA Orchestra*, Renato Cellini, The Robert Shaw Chorale, Robert Shaw - Rigoletto (2xLP, Album)||RCA Victrola||AVM2-0698||Germany||Unknown|
|OP 6/B||Giuseppe Verdi||Rigoletto - Seconda Parte (Cass)||Fabbri Editori||OP 6/B||Italy||1993|