Non Stop Ecstatic Dancing is an EP by English synthpop duo Soft Cell, released in the United Kingdom in June 1982 by Some Bizzare Records. In addition to remixes of the group's older material, it also included a brand new track, a cover of Judy Street's 1966 song "What?", which was a Top 3 hit for Soft Cell. As the name implies, Non Stop Ecstatic Dancing was conceived, by the band's own admission, under the influence of MDMA (commonly referred to as ecstasy)
Non Stop Ecstatic Dancing. Released June 21, 1982. Non Stop Ecstatic Dancing Tracklist. 1. Memorabilia - Non Stop Ecstatic Dancing Version Lyrics. 2. Where Did Our Love Go? - Non Stop Ecstatic Dancing Version Lyrics. It´s almost an extension of Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret, it mostly has uncut versions of the songs from that album. Non Stop Ecstatic Dancing Q&A.
Memorabilia (Non Stop Ecstatic Dancing Version). 12. Where Did Our Love Go? (Non Stop Ecstatic Dancing Version). 14. A Man Could Get Lost (Non Stop Ecstatic Dancing Version). 15. Chips On My Shoulder (NSED). 16. Sex Dwarf (Non Stop Ecstatic Dancing Version). 17. Torch (7" Single Version).
Non-Stop Ecstatic Dancing, 1999.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||Where Did Our Love Go?
Written-By – Holland/Dozier/Holland*
Written-By – H.P. Barnum*
|4||A Man Could Get Lost||3:56|
|5||Chips On My Shoulder||4:28|
|7||Tainted Love / Where Did Our Love Go? (Extended)
Engineer – Paul HardimanWritten-By [Tainted Love] – Ed CobbWritten-By [Where Did Our Love Go?] – Holland/Dozier/Holland*
Producer – Daniel Miller
Written-By – H.P. Barnum*
Producer – Dave BallWritten-By – David Ball*
|12||Insecure Me (Extended)||8:16|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mercury Records Ltd. (London)
- Copyright (c) – Mercury Records Ltd. (London)
- Record Company – PolyGram
- Produced At – C-Dreams
- Recorded At – Stage One Studio, London
- Mixed At – Mediasound
- Remastered At – Bourbery-Wake
- Made By – EDC, Germany – 50999523
- Artwork By – M. T. J.
- Design – Huw*
- Engineer – Don Wershba
- Engineer [Assistant] – Nicky Kalliongis
- Engineer [Cutting] – Jack Skinner
- Executive-Producer [At C-Dreams] – Mike Gill
- Graphics [Remastered] – Graphyk
- Liner Notes [Berlin 1998] – Richard Smith
- Mixed By – Harvey Goldberg
- Other [Special Thanks To] – Paul Reidy, Mark Langthorne, Vicki Wickham And Peter Ashworth
- Other [Thanks To] – New York Cell, The & Daniel Miller
- Performer – Dave Ball, Marc Almond
- Photography [Back] – Josh
- Photography By [Front] – Ashworth*
- Producer – Mike Thorne (tracks: 1 to 7, 9, 11, 12)
- Rap – Cindy Ecstasy
- Remastered By [Digital Re-mastering] – Roger Wake
- Tenor Saxophone – Dave Tofani
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – John Gatchell
- Written-By – Ball* (tracks: 1, 4 to 6, 8, 11, 12), Almond* (tracks: 1, 4 to 6, 8, 11, 12)
NotesThis is a repress made by EDC, Germany.
There is also a pressing, which was made by Universal M & L and one by PMDC, Germany
Digitally remastered reissue of 1982 remix album. Tracks 7-12 not on original release.
Contains an 8-page booklet.
Track 8 recorded at Stage One.
Mixed at Media Sound N.Y.C.
Remastered at Bourbery-Wake.
1-6, 9-12 ℗ 1982 Mercury Records Ltd (London),
7 & 8 ℗ 1981 Mercury Records Ltd (London)
The copyright in this sound recording is owned by Mercury Records Ltd. (London)
℗ 1998 Mercury Records Ltd (London).
© 1998 Mercury Records Ltd (London).
A PolyGram company.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 731455 826524
- Label Code: LC 0268
- Matrix / Runout (variant 1, 2): [4x Universal Logo] 07314 558 265-2 03 ✳︎ 50999523
- Matrix / Runout (Inner ring - variant 1): Made in Germany by EDC B
- Matrix / Runout (Inner ring - variant 2): Made in Germany by EDC D
- Mastering SID Code (variant 1, 2): IFPI LV26
- Mould SID Code (variant 1): IFPI 0119
- Mould SID Code (variant 2): IFPI 0131
- Price Code: PY 899
- Rights Society: BIEM/MCPS
|BZX 1012||Soft Cell||Non Stop Ecstatic Dancing (LP, Album)||Some Bizzare||BZX 1012||UK||1982|
|6359 110||Soft Cell||Non Stop Ecstatic Dancing (LP, Album)||Vertigo||6359 110||New Zealand||1982|
|BZM 1012||Soft Cell||Non Stop Ecstatic Dancing (Cass, Album)||Some Bizzare||BZM 1012||UK||1982|
|9 23694-1 B, 1-23694||Soft Cell||Non-Stop Ecstatic Dancing (LP, Album, Los)||Sire, Some Bizzare||9 23694-1 B, 1-23694||US||1982|
|9 23694-1 B, 1-23694||Soft Cell||Non-Stop Ecstatic Dancing (LP, Album, Win)||Sire, Some Bizzare||9 23694-1 B, 1-23694||US||1982|