Conceived as a live cinema and sound experience, the trio devised this album as a postmodern soundtrack for the 1922 silent film by . With Danny Blume on guitar and tape loops, DJ Olive performing all manner of abstractions on turntables, and DJ Loop on sampler, the pervasive soundscape collage alternates between groove-based dub fragments and spatial ambience.
Nosferatu is the eleventh album by Popol Vuh and was released as the original motion picture soundtrack of Nosferatu: Phantom der Nacht by director Werner Herzog. It was originally released in 1978 on Egg. In 2004 SPV re-released the album with a slightly different track list and adding four tracks originally released on the Popol Vuh album Brüder des Schattens – Söhne des Lichts. Morning Sun Rays" – 3:20. Venus Principle" – 4:39.
1. (00:05:14) Liminal - Before And After. 2. (00:01:49) Liminal - Knock. 3. (00:11:32) Liminal - Plague.
Nosferatu is a music studio album recording by NOSFERATU (e Rock) released in 1970 on cd, lp, vinyl and/or cassette. 1. Highway (4:16) 2. Willie The Fox (10:48) 3. Found My Home (8:39) 4. No. 4 (8:47) 5. Work Day (6:59) 6. Vanity Fair (6:44).
The songwriting and performances on Nosferatu are absolutely astounding. The riffs are exceptionally well written, with a melodic yet extremely sharp and choppy style of writing, with a strong level of technicality in their writing without coming off as overly indulgent. The arrangements are extremely crisp, and while the song structures are mostly verse-chorus, the band shifts between riffs with an extremely strong level of both ease without the transitions becoming overly jarring.
|1||Before And After||5:16|
|4||Through The Wall||1:39|
|7||Shreck Factor 9||22:16|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Knitting Factory Works
- Copyright (c) – Knitting Factory Works
- Copyright (c) – Danny Blume
- Copyright (c) – Gregor Asch
- Copyright (c) – Rich Panciera
- Published By – Blumolius Music
- Published By – Knitfac Music
- Recorded At – The Knitting Factory
- Glass Mastered At – Nimbus
- Cover [Cover Design] – RITZco
- Engineer – Brett Heinz, James MacLean*
- Executive-Producer – Michael Dorf
- Guitar, Tape [Cassette Tapes], Bass [One String Duct Tape Bass] – Danny Blume
- Mastered By – Vance Galloway
- Photography By [Cover Photo Manipulation] – Olive*
- Producer – Danny Blume
- Sampler, Effects – Loop*
- Turntables, Effects – DJ Olive, The Audio Janitor
- Written-By, Performer, Mixed By – Liminal
NotesRecorded at the Knitting Factory.
Tracks 4, 5, and 7 were recorded live at the Knitting Factory during a performance of the film. Others are new variations on existing themes, or are entirely new.
DJ Olive AKA The Audio Janitor
© 1995 Blume, Asche, Panciera
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 035828017022
- Matrix / Runout: KFW 170 MASTERED BY NIMBUS
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L121
- Label Code: LC 5650
- Rights Society: BMI