Planet Earth is the thirty-second studio album by American recording artist Prince. It was released on July 15, 2007 by NPG Records and distributed, in the UK, as a free covermount with The Mail on Sunday national newspaper. This was followed by the album's worldwide distribution. It features contributions from his newest protegée Bria Valente and former New Power Generation members Marva King, Sonny . and Michael Bland, as well as Sheila E. and former Revolution members Wendy & Lisa.
Planet Earth is the 32nd full-length studio album by Prince. On 10 May 2007, Prince announced an unprecedented 21 shows at the O2 Arena in London. This served to heighten interest in the Planet Earth album, although the album was not announced at the time.
Planet Earth (CD, Album, Dig). NPG Records, Columbia.
Comeback accomplished, Prince now settles into a groove with 2007's Planet Earth, his 26th studio album and successor to the two deliberate comebacks, Musicology and 3121. Those two albums were designed to storm the top of the charts but, more importantly, they were made with the intention of making Prince prominent again - a gambit that worked since Prince worked hard, stealing the show at both the Superbowl and the American Idol fifth-season finale and turning into an in-demand concert ticket once again.
Most of Planet Earth, though, is textbook bad Prince. It's one thing to work from the assumption that he's the hottest thing on two legs, because he's never lost that. But when he works from the assumption that his political thoughts are deep and meaningful, he bricks. The title track is an ecological anthem so dopey it makes saving the world sound like a questionable idea; the closer, "Resolution", is an antiwar anthem so self-righteous it makes peace sound smug. The rest of the album is stuff he's done before and better. The One U Wanna C" is a blatant rewrite of "I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man" (right down to the declaration that "you ain't no one night stand") without the emotional depth, subtlety, or musical eccentricities. Guitar", a reminder that he plays guitar, doesn't even have much of a riff.
Planet Earth Tracklist. 1. Planet Earth Lyrics. 3. Somewhere Here On Earth Lyrics. Planet Earth Q&A. Acoustic Guitar Wendy Melvoin. All Instruments & Vocals Prince. All Other Instruments Prince. Anthology: 1995 – 2010.
Is Planet Earth the best album by Prince? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. This album At A Glance. Planet Earth by Prince (2007) Release date: 2007-07-15 Overall rank: 19,026th. Accolades: Top albums of 2007 (533rd). Top albums of the 2000s (4,778th). Best albums of all time (19,026th).
|3||Somewhere Here On Earth||5:46|
|4||The One U Wanna C||4:29|
|5||Future Baby Mama||4:48|
|7||All The Midnights In The World||2:22|
|9||Lion Of Judah||4:11|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – NPG Records
- Copyright (c) – NPG Records
- Recorded At – Paisley Park Studios
- Mixed At – Paisley Park Studios
- Recorded At – 3121 Las Vegas
- Mixed At – 3121 Las Vegas
- Recorded At – Circle House Studios
- Mixed At – Circle House Studios
- Mastered At – Oasis Mastering
- Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin – Wendy*
- Artwork [Holographic Art] – Virtual Images
- Design [Interactive] – Ashley Warren
- Design [Package] – Sam Jennings
- Mastered By – Eddy Schreyer
- Musician – C.C. Dunham*, Greg Boyer, Joshua*, Lee Hogan*, Maceo Parker, Mike Phillips , Morris Hayes, Renato Neto, Shelby J.*, The Twinz
- Musician, Bass – Sonny T.
- Musician, Drums – Michael B.*
- Musician, Keyboards [Additional] – Lisa*
- Musician, Percussion – Sheila E.
- Musician, Trumpet – Christian Scott
- Photography By – Afshin Shahidi, Randee St. Nicholas
- Producer, Arranged By, Composed By, Performer – Prince, The New Power Generation
- Recorded By [Assistant], Mixed By [Assistant] – Ian Boxhill*, Kevin K.D. Davis*
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Prince
- Vocals – Bria Valente, Marva King
Lenticular cover, showing alternate images of the standard cover image and the 'Love Symbol' - the disc is a picture CD.
Track titles and it's durations do not appear on the release and were provided online as download (PlanetEarth_Lyrix.pdf) from 3121.com.
Visit www.3121.com 2 enhance ur Planet Earth xperience
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 8 8697-12970-2 7
- Barcode (String): 886971297027
- Matrix / Runout: 88697129702 07100387
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LK76
- Mould SID Code: ifpi 8305
|none||Prince||Planet Earth (CD, Album)||NPG Records||none||UK||2007|
|88697129701||Prince||Planet Earth (2xLP, Album, Unofficial)||NPG Records||88697129701||Europe||2007|
|221938||Prince||Planet Earth (CD, Album, Lon)||NPG Records, Columbia||221938||US||2007|
|88697 12970 2||Prince||Planet Earth (CD, Album, Dig)||NPG Records, Columbia||88697 12970 2||Taiwan||2007|
|19075910022S1, 19075910022||Prince||Planet Earth (CD, Album, RE, RM, Dig)||The Prince Estate, NPG Records, Legacy||19075910022S1, 19075910022||US||2019|