Noir Désir, a French rock group, have released six studio albums, thirteen singles, two live albums, one live DVD, four compilation albums, and one remix album. In 1985 Noir Désir were signed up by Barclay Records, releasing the mini-album Ou veux-tu que je r'garde two years later. In 1989 they had a break through success with their debut full length album Veuillez rendre l'âme (à qui elle appartient), which contained the hit single Aux sombres héros de l'amer.
Their most recent studio album, 2001's Des visages des figures was much quieter than any of their previous albums, but was very well received, selling over 1 million copies. The group received five Victoires de la Musique award nominations for 2001, winning both Best Rock Album of the Year and Music Video of the Year for "Le vent nous portera" in collaboration with the French/Spanish artist Manu Chao. September 2005 brought two new releases of Noir Désir's work. The album, Noir Désir en public, which had been started before the incident in Vilnius, contained highlights of their last tour, during which every concert had been recorded. The DVD set, Noir Désir en images, contained various live performances footage and videos. Special permission was obtained for the imprisoned Cantat to participate in the development of both the CD and the DV. .
Noir Désir was a French rock band. The band was founded in Bordeaux, France, in 1985 by singer Bertrand Cantat, drummer Denis Barthe, guitarist Serge Teyssot-Gay and bassist Frédéric Vidalenc (replaced in 1996 by Jean-Paul Roy). Over the years, they became famous in France, releasing albums every few years. Theo Hakola from Passion Fodder produced their first LP in 1987 Où veux-tu qu'je r'garde ?. This 6 tracks album shows what would become a Noir Désir trademark: finely crafted lyrics with powerful rock sound.
Des visages des figures Noir Désir. Listen on Apple Music. See All. Soyons désinvoltes, n'ayons l'air de rien. Noir Désir en public.
Music By – Noir Désir. Photography By – Christophe Goussard, Jérome Albertini, Lajos Somlósi, Gyula Zaránd. Producer – Jean Lamoot (tracks: A3 to B5, D), Nick Sansano (tracks: A1, A2, C1 to C3), Noir Désir. Remastered By – Alexis Bardinet. The track listing is misprinted: lists "Des Armes", "L'Appartement", "Des Visages Des Figures" on side A while it's actually on side B and "L'Europe" on side C while it's actually on side D. Recorded at: Track A1 to A3 & C1 to C3 at Watermusic (Hoboken, NJ, USA). Track A1 to A3 & C1 to C3 at Greene Street (Philadelphia, PA, USA).
Des Visages des Figures, the sixth studio album by French bad-boy guitar band Noir Désir, turned out to be their last. It was released in 2001 and featured a considerably quieter and more stripped-down version of Noir Désir's brand of fiery and angular guitar rock. The album went to number one in France, was certified double platinum, and brought the band two French Victoires de la Musique awards for best rock album and best video. The latter was awarded to their collaboration with Manu Chao entitled "Le Vent Nous Portera.
Des visages des figures (English translation). Song: Des visages des figures 3 translations. Des visages des figures. More translations of "Des visages des. German Alpine Imp. 3. Turkish Jansay. Noir Désir: Top 3. 1. Le vent nous portera.
des Visages des Figures. Jean Lamoot – production. Michelle Lewis – backing vocals. Noir Désir – production. Nick Sansano – clavier, realization.
Request an album send to friend. Des Visages Des Figures (2001). Noir Désir - Des Visages Des Figures.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Backing Vocals – Michelle Lewis
|2||Le Grand Incendie||4:36|
|3||Le Vent Nous Portera
Clarinet [Metal], Kalimba – Akosh SzelevényiGuitar – Manu Chao
Lyrics By – Léo Ferré
|6||Des Visages Des Figures
Arranged By [English Horn, Oboe, Strings] – Romain HumeauEnglish Horn, Oboe – Fabrice Gand
|7||Son Style 1||2:06|
|8||Son Style 2||2:31|
|9||À L'Envers À L'Endroit
Backing Vocals – Michelle Lewis
|11||Bouquet De Nerfs
Arranged By [Strings] – Joe Mardin
Cello [Gardon], Tambourine, Featuring [Chainsaw], Percussion [Jug] – Bob CokeLyrics By – B. Fontaine*Producer, Saxophone [Soprano, Tenor], Clarinet [Metal, Bass], Kalimba, Flute [Kaval], Music By – Akosh SzelevényiVocals – Brigitte Fontaine
- Recorded At – Studio Du Manoir
- Recorded At – Water Music Recorders
- Recorded At – Greene St. Recording
- Recorded At – Air Lyndhurst Hall
- Recorded At – Sorcerer Sound
- Recorded At – Vega Studio
- Recorded At – Studios Ferber
- Mixed At – Studio Mega
- Mixed At – Studios Ferber
- Mixed At – Greene St. Recording
- Mixed At – Studio Du Manoir
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Mastered At – Translab
- Made By – Universal M & L, Germany – 51206902
- Artwork – Franyo Aatoth
- Backing Vocals, Bass, Synthesizer, Synthesizer [Bass], Guimbri, Organ – Jean-Paul Roy
- Backing Vocals, Drums, Percussion, Electronic Drums, Sampler, Tambourine [Marocian], Cymbal [Crotales], Vibraphone, Xylophone, Tambourine, Organ – Denis Barthe
- Backing Vocals, Guitar, Synthesizer, Zither, Sampler, Acoustic Guitar, Guitar [Baritone] – Serge Teyssot-Gay
- Keyboards – N. Sansano* (tracks: 1, 2, 9 to 11)
- Lyrics By – B. Cantat* (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 12)
- Mastered By – Chab (tracks: 3, to 6, 11, 12), Greg Calbi (tracks: 1, 2, 7 to 10)
- Music By – Noir Désir
- Photography By – Christophe Goussard, Jérome Albertini*, Lajos Somlósi*, Gyula Zaránd*
- Producer – Jean Lamoot (tracks: 3 to 8, 12), Nick Sansano (tracks: 1, 2, 9 to 11), Noir Désir
- Vocals, Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Morinhoor, Harmonica, Trombone, Didgeridoo, Synthesizer, Human Beatbox, Piano – Bertrand Cantat
Track 1 to 3 & 9 to 11 at Watermusic (Hoboken, NJ, USA).
Track 1 to 3 & 9 to 11 at Greene Street (Philadelphia, PA, USA).
Track 3 to 8 & 12 at Recall (Pompignan, France).
Track 3 & 12 at Ferber (Paris, France).
Track 6 at Air Lindhurst (London, UK).
Track 6 at Manoir (Léon, France).
Track 11 at Sorcerer Sound (New York, NY, USA).
Track 12 at Vega (Carpentras, France).
Track 1 & 9 to 11 at Greene Street (Philadelphia, PA, USA).
Track 2 at Méga (France).
Track 3, 4 & 6 to 8 at Manoir (Léon, France).
Track 5 & 12 at Ferber (Paris, France).
Track 1, 2 & 7 to 10 at Sterling Sound (New York, NY, USA).
Track 3 to 6, 11 & 12 at Chab À Translab (Paris, France).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 31458 92752 5
- Rights Society: BIEM/MCPS
- Label Code: LC 00126
- Matrix / Runout: 07314 589 275-2 01 / 51206902 MADE IN GERMANY BY UNIVERSAL M & L
- Matrix / Runout (CD Mould Text): MADE IN GERMANY BY UNIVERSAL M & L
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LV26
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 01BC
|589 275-1||Noir Désir||Des Visages Des Figures (2xLP, Album, Gat)||Barclay||589 275-1||Europe||2001|
|589 275-4||Noir Désir||Des Visages Des Figures (Cass, Album)||Barclay||589 275-4||Poland||2002|
|589 275-2||Noir Désir||Des Visages Des Figures (CD, Album)||Barclay, Universal||589 275-2||France||2001|
|589 275-2||Noir Désir||Des Visages Des Figures (CD, Album)||Barclay||589 275-2||Europe||2001|
|589 275-4||Noir Désir||Des Visages Des Figures (Cass, Album)||Barclay||589 275-4||Turkey||2001|