The Quartet Of Charlie Parker - Now's The Time download mp3 album
Matrix, Runout (Etched Side B): MPO LPJ-NOWTIME B. Matrix, Runout (Etched Side A): MPO LPJ-NOWTIME B. Other Versions (5 of 36) View All. Cat.
Now's the Time" is a composition by Charlie Parker. He led the first recording of it, on November 26, 1945. Although Parker was capable of writing intricate bebop melody lines, he sometimes stepped back from his more progressive leanings and drew on his Kansas City jazz roots in crafting simpler, bluesier compositions – of which 'Now's the Time' is a case in point
Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample). The tracks on this album are among the best examples of not only Bird, but Dizzy's achievements and collaborations and how they had matured in by the period these tracks were performed and recorded. More importantly, they are the anthems of the bebop movement - seminal works - that deserve critical listening and study (and enjoyment for their own sake.
Watch the video for Now's the Time from Charlie Parker's Bird of Paradise for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Parker is commonly considered the greatest bebop jazz musician. Charles Christopher "Bird" Parker, Jr (29th August 1920 – 12th March 1955) was a . bebop saxophonist and composer.
Charlie Parker Quartet Now's The Time. play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw). Charlie Parker Quartet Now’s the Time. The Charlie Parker Quartet Now's the Time. Charlie Parker Quartet Now's the Time.
The Genius Of Charlie Parker, - Now's The Time. The Quartet Of Charlie Parker. The Genius Of Charlie Parker, - Charlie Parker Plays Cole Porter (released posthumously). The Genius Of Charlie Parker, - night and day - Verve MGV-8003- mono (released posthumously). Charlie Parker - New Bird: Hi Hat Broadcasts 1953 (Phoenix LP 10). The Quartet Of Charlie Parker (Verve 825 671-2). Charlie Parker - Kenton And Bird (Jazz Supreme JS 703). The Genius Of Charlie Parker, - Charlie Parker Plays Cole Porter (Verve MGV 8007). Charlie Parker - Miles Davis - Lee Konitz (Ozone 2). .
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||The Song Is You
Written-By – Kern*, Hammerstein*
|A4||Kim (Alternate Take)||2:58|
|A6||Cosmic Rays (Alternate Take)||3:16|
|B2||Chi Chi (Alternate Take)||2:41|
|B3||Chi Chi (Alternate Take)||3:05|
|B4||I Remember You
Written-By – Mercer*, Schertzinger*
|B5||Now's The Time||3:01|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – The Verve Music Group
- Copyright (c) – De Agostini Publishing Italia S.p.A.
- Licensed From – Universal Music Italia s.r.l.
- Published By – T.B. Harms Co.
- Published By – JATAP Pub. Co., Inc.
- Published By – Paramount Music Corp.
- Published By – Savoy Music Co.
- Lacquer Cut At – Record Industry – 90912
- Pressed By – Record Industry
- Recorded At – Fulton Recording Studio, New York
- Alto Saxophone, Music By – Charlie Parker
- Art Direction – Sheldon Marks
- Bass – Percy Heath (tracks: tracks: B1 to B6), Teddy Kotick (tracks: tracks: A1 to A6)
- Drums – Max Roach
- Liner Notes – Bill Simon
- Piano – Al Haig (tracks: tracks: B1 to B6), Hank Jones (tracks: tracks: A1 to A6)
- Producer, Supervised By – Norman Granz
Notes(p) 1957 The Verve Music Group - A division of UMG Recordings Inc. su licenza Universal Music Italia s.r.l. (c) 2011 De Agostini Publishing Italia S.p.A.
Tracks timings were taken from booklet.
Most of the credits were taken from booklet.
This release is the 5th of the collection "Jazz 33 Giri", published by DeAgostini.
The publication contains this LP and an 8-page booklet.
Not to be sold separately from the publication "Jazz 33 Giri".
On back cover: Edizione non in vendita separatamente dalla pubblicazione quattordicinale "Jazz 33 giri" edita da De Agostini Publishing Italia S.p.A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Etched Side A): 90912 1A LP05NOWISTHETIME
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Etched Side B): 90912 1B LP05NOWISTHETIME
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix Printed On Side A Label): MG V-8005-A (UCJU 9010)
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix Printed On Side B Label): MG V-8005-B (UCJU 9010)
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: S.I.A.E.
|MGV-8005||The Quartet Of Charlie Parker*||Now's The Time (LP, Album, Mono)||Verve Records||MGV-8005||US||1957|
|UCCU-9806||The Quartet Of Charlie Parker*||Now's The Time (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM)||Verve Records||UCCU-9806||Japan||2010|
|POCJ-9108||The Quartet Of Charlie Parker*||Now's The Time (CD, Album, Mono, Ltd, RE, RM, Pap)||Verve Records||POCJ-9108||Japan||1995|
|825 671-4||The Quartet Of Charlie Parker*||Now's The Time (Cass, Album, RE, RM)||Verve Records||825 671-4||France||1989|
|UMV 2029||The Quartet Of Charlie Parker*||Now's The Time (LP, Album, Mono, RE)||Verve Records||UMV 2029||Japan||1981|