David Bowie - David Live (David Bowie At The Tower Philadelphia) download mp3 album
David Live is David Bowie's first official live album, originally released by RCA Records in 1974. The album was recorded in July of that year, on the initial leg of Bowie's Diamond Dogs Tour, at the Tower Theater in Upper Darby, PA, a suburb of Philadelphia. The second leg, a more soul-oriented affair following recording sessions in Philadelphia for the bulk of Young Americans, would be renamed 'Philly Dogs', as reflected on a different live release, Cracked Actor.
David Live (2xLP, Album, Gat). David Live (2xLP, Album, Gat).
David Bowie's David Live was recorded at the Tower Theater in 1974. It was critically panned upon release. Get our weekly picks of what to do this weekend and the latest on Philly's arts and entertainment scene. David Bowie once released an album so bad Bowie himself never listened to it. Of course it was recorded in the area. The material for David Live, Bowie’s first live album, was recorded at the Tower Theater during Bowie’s six-night stint there in July 1974.
Here we get to here classic Bowie tracks such as "Changes", "Rebel Rebel", "All the young dudes" and many many more. The CD booklet is quite sparse with few pictures. We do get of who plays what but it would be nice to get a track by track listing.
His first live album David Live was recorded at the Tower Theater in Upper Darby in July, 1974, during his Diamond Dogs tour. Tom Sheehy, the longtime Philadelphia publicist and music historian, had Bowie in Philadelphia stories to tell: "After seeing what could have been called The Exile On Main Street tour in 1972 I knew I had seen the greatest rock & roll tour in history, and that I would never see anything like that again in my lifetime; I had yet to see Bruce Springsteen, but in February of 1973 I had tickets
When David Bowie agreed to perform at Live Aid at London’s Wembley Stadium in July 1985, he had a grand vision of duetting with Mick Jagger via satellite at Philadelphia’s JFK Stadium for a cover of Martha and the Vandellas Dancing In The Street. That left Bowie’s performance at the two-continent concert against hunger. He hadn’t promoted his 1984 LP Tonight with a tour, so Live Aid marked his first performance since since the end of the Serious Moonlight tour over a year and a half earlier. Bowie had the unenviable task of following Queen, but when he burst onto the stage at Wembley in his Young Americans suit, it was clear he was more than ready for the challenge. The Live Aid set was arguably Bowie’s last triumph of the 1980s. His 1987 album Never Let Me Down was shredded by the critics, and the supporting Glass Spider tour was largely panned as well.
The supporting tour for Diamond Dogs was supposed to be a theatrical extravaganza, yet as he headed out on the road, David Bowie became infatuated with Philly soul and changed his entire approach to reflect his new interest, as well as his backing band in the process. As a result, the double-album David Live captures Bowie in transition, as he moves from glam rock to plastic soul.
Loving The Alien (1983 - 1988). Beat Of Your Drum (2018).
David Bowie Live Santa Monica’72. David Bowie Ziggy Stardust The Motion Picture 1973. David Bowie David Live 1974. David Bowie Cracked Actor – Live In Los Angles,Universal Amphitheater (1974) – SQ 10. David Bowie Rock Concert (1974). David Bowie Live Nassau Coliseum ’76. David Bowie Stage 1978. David Bowie 1978-05-16 Berlin,Deutschlandhalle – Live in Berlin – (1978) EP (8 tracks) – SQ 10. David Bowie Welcome To The Blackout (Live London ’78). David Bowie Serious Moonligt Live 1983. David Bowie Glas Spider Live 1987. David Bowie Liveandwell.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1-8||All The Young Dudes||4:18|
|1-10||Rock 'N' Roll With Me
Written-By – Bowie*, Peace*
|1-11||Watch That Man||4:55|
|2-1||Knock On Wood
Written-By – Eddie Floyd, Steve Cropper
|2-4||Width Of A Circle||8:12|
|2-6||Rock 'N' Roll Suicide||4:30|
|2-8||Here Today, Gone Tomorrow||3:32|
- Record Company – EMI Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Jones Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mainman S.A.
- Copyright (c) – Jones Music
- Copyright (c) – Mainman S.A.
- Licensed To – EMI Records Ltd.
- Pressed By – DADC Austria
- Published By – Jones Music America
- Published By – Chrysalis Songs
- Published By – Chrysalis Music
- Published By – Fleur Music
- Published By – Screen Gems-EMI Music Inc.
- Published By – Colgems-EMI Music Inc.
- Published By – PolyGram International Publishing, Inc.
- Published By – Mainman Ltd.
- Published By – Ackee Music, Inc.
- Published By – Irving Music, Inc.
- Recorded At – Tower Theater
- Recorded At – Record Plant Mobile Studio
- Mixed At – Electric Lady Studios
- Remixed At – Northeastern Digital
- Mastered At – Northeastern Digital
- Glass Mastered At – DADC Austria
- Designed At – Reiner Design Consultants, Inc.
- Alto Saxophone, Flute – David Sanborn
- Backing Vocals – Gui Andrisano, Warren Peace
- Baritone Saxophone, Flute – Richard Grando
- Bass – Herbie Flowers
- Design [Package] – Reiner Design Consultants, Inc.
- Drums – Tony Newman
- Electric Piano, Synthesizer [Moog], Oboe – Michael Kamen
- Guitar – Earl Slick
- Mastered By [Digital Mastering Assistance] – Jonathan Wyner
- Mastered By [Digital Mastering] – Dr. Toby Mountain*
- Mixed By – Edwin H. Kramer*, Tony Visconti
- Music Director [Musical Director] – Michael Kamen
- Percussion – Pablo Rosario
- Photography By – Dagmar , Ken Regan
- Piano, Mellotron – Mike Garson
- Producer – Tony Visconti
- Recording Supervisor [Live] – Keith Harwood
- Remix [Remixed To Digital, Assisted By] – Jonathan Wyner (tracks: 2-7 to 2-9)
- Remix [Remixed To Digital] – Dr. Toby Mountain* (tracks: 2-7 to 2-9)
- Technician [Technical Consultant] – Peter Troisi
- Vocals – David Bowie
- Written-By – David Bowie (tracks: 1-1 to 1-9, 1-11, 2-2 to 2-9)
NotesRecorded on the 12th, 13th, 14th & 15th July 1974 at the Tower Theatre, Philadelphia with the assistance of Record Plant.
℗ & © 1990 Jones Music / Mainman S.A.
"Made In Austria" on discs, "Printed in England" on sleeve.
Package designed by Reiner Design Consultants, Inc.
Cover photo by Dagmar, © 1990 Interior Pictutres
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 0 077779 536320
- Barcode (Scanned): 0077779536320
- Matrix / Runout (CD 1 Variant 1): CDP-7953632 23 A1 MASTERED BY DADC AUSTRIA
- Matrix / Runout (CD 2 Variant 1): CDP-7953642 12 A5 MASTERED BY DADC AUSTRIA
- Matrix / Runout (CD 1 Variant 2): CDP-7953632 23 A5 MASTERED BY DADC AUSTRIA
- Matrix / Runout (CD 2 Variant 2): CDP-7953642 12 MASTERED BY DADC AUSTRIA
- Label Code: LC 0542
- Rights Society: BIEM/MCPS
- Other (Category on CD1): 79 5363 2
- Other (Category on CD2): 79 5364 2
|CPL2-0771||David Bowie||David Live (2xLP, Album, Gat)||RCA Victor||CPL2-0771||US||1974|
|CPL2-0771||David Bowie||David Live (2xLP, Album, Gat)||RCA Victor||CPL2-0771||Australia||1974|
|PL-00771||David Bowie||David Live (2xLP, Album)||RCA Victor||PL-00771||Portugal||1974|
|CPL2-0771||David Bowie||David Live (2xLP, Album, Gat)||RCA Victor||CPL2-0771||Canada||1974|
|LPVS-1543||David Bowie||David Live (2xLP, Album)||RCA Victor||LPVS-1543||Venezuela||1975|