The Classic Blue Note Recordings, 2003. The Classic Blue Note Recordings, 2003. Three O'Clock in the Morning, 05:42. It's You or No One, 06:15.
This recording was made when Dexter Gordon was in his mid-30s - when his influence on the tenor-sax sounds of both Sonny Rollins and John Coltrane were still fresh, and his majestic mix of Lester Young, Charlie Parker and Coleman Hawkins was in its irresistible prime. The saxophonist's nimble melodic imagination and weighty sound are in evidence all over these sessions, which are drawn from the great Gordon albums of the early 1960s.
Dexter Gordon - McSplivens 05:44. Dexter Gordon - Society Red 06:14. Dexter Gordon - Three O'Clock In The Morning 05:42. Dexter Gordon - Don't Explain 06:07. Dexter Gordon - It's You Or No One 06:11.
TITLE added to MP3 cart. The Classic Blue Note Recordings. Exclusive Prime pricing. Release Date: April 22, 2003. Number of Discs: 2. Label: Blue Note Records. Record Company Required Metadata: Music file metadata contains unique purchase identifier.
Besteciler: Dexter Gordon. 02. I'm A Fool To Want You. Dexter Gordon. Besteciler: Jack Wolf - Frank Sinatra - Joel S Herron. Besteciler: Dizzy Gillespie - Frank Paparelli.
The album includes 10 tracks produced by producers and lyricists, Ahn Young-min, Kim Do-hyun, Andrew Choi, Neighborhood Brother and Brian Kim; as well as Shinhwa member Lee Min-woo. The album's lead track is "This Love", which was gifted by Lee McCutcheon, James Flannigan and UK producer Andrew Jackson, who also worked on their previous lead track "Venus" from The Return in 2012. Blue Note TSF released: 2010. The Savoy Recordings - Part 2 released: 2010. The Savoy Recordings - Part 1 released: 2010. Ca' Purange released: 2007. Dexter Digs In: The Young Dexter Gordon released: 2005. The Chase and the Steeplechase released: 2005. Mosaic Select released: 2005. Manhattan Symphonie released: 2005. Misty released: 2004. The Complete Prestige Recordings released: 2004.
Listen to The Classic Blue Note Recordings now. Listen to The Classic Blue Note Recordings in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
|1-2||I'm A Fool To Want You||6:41|
|1-4||Darn That Dream||7:29|
|1-5||A Night In Tunisia||8:15|
|1-7||I Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out To Dry||5:19|
|2-2||Three O'Clock in the Morning||5:40|
|2-4||It's You Or No One||6:12|
|2-9||Second Balcony Jump||7:03|
- Manufactured For – BMG Direct – D248299
- Bass – Bob Cranshaw (tracks: 1-2,1-3,2-1), Butch Warren (tracks: 1-1,1-6,1-7,1-8,2-2,2-3,2-9), George Tucker (tracks: 1-9,2-4,2-8), Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen (tracks: 1-4), Paul Chambers (tracks: 2-5,2-6), Pierre Michelot (tracks: 1-5,2-7)
- Drums – "Philly" Joe Jones (tracks: 2-5,2-6), Al Harewood (tracks: 1-9,2-4,2-8), Art Taylor (tracks: 1-4), Billy Higgins (tracks: 1-1,1-2,1-3,1-6,1-7,2-1,2-2,2-3,2-9), Kenny Clarke (tracks: 1-5,2-7)
- Piano – Barry Harris (tracks: 1-2,1-3,2-1), Bud Powell (tracks: 1-5,2-7), Bud Powell (tracks: 1-5,2-7), Horace Parlan (tracks: 1-9,2-4,2-8), Kenny Drew (tracks: 1-4,2-5,2-6), Kenny Drew (tracks: 2-5,2-6), Sonny Clark (tracks: 1-1,1-6,1-7,1-8,2-2, 2-3, 2-9)
- Tenor Saxophone – Dexter Gordon (tracks: 1-1..1-9,2-1..2-9)
- Trumpet – Freddie Hubbard (tracks: 1-2,2-3,1-9,2-4,2-8)
- Vibraphone – Bobby Hutcherson (tracks: 2-1)
Notesincludes 22 page booklet
recorded at Van Gelder studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey except tracks 1-4, 1-2 and 2-7 recorded at CBS Studios, Paris
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: D248299