Although this LP is long out of print, its brilliant contents have since been reissued by Bob Thiele on a couple of his labels. Hawkins is featured on eight of the 12 selections. Half come from a fine session with trumpeter Bill Coleman, but the other four are of greatest interest, for they find the tenor saxophonist in a quartet with pianist Eddie Heywood, bassist Oscar Pettiford, and drummer Shelly Manne. Their rendition of "The Man I Love" has what is arguably Heywood's finest solo, preceding a lengthy roaring statement by Hawkins.
Lester Young's Classic Tenors album. 1. How Deep Is the Ocean Lyrics. Coleman Hawkins feat. Lester Young Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. All Music News . Popular Coleman Hawkins Feat. How Deep Is the Ocean.
Coleman Hawkins & Lester Young скачать mp3 в хорошем качестве, либо слушайте песню Lester Young - Coleman Hawkins And Henderson, Coleman Hawkins & Lester Young - How Deep Is the Ocean, Coleman Hawkins & Lester Young - How Deep Is the Ocean, Coleman Hawkins & Lester Young - Sweet Loraine, Coleman Hawkins & Lester Young - Get Happy, а также рингтоны на звонок и все новые треки.
Coleman Hawkins & Roy Eldridge Coleman Hawkins & Roy Eldridge. Coleman Hawkins & Lester Young. Overview (current section). Miles Davis & Sonny Rollins. Stan Getz & Dizzy Gillespie. Coleman Hawkins & Roy Eldridge. Oscar Peterson & Dizzy Gillespie. More similar artists.
Soul is an album by saxophonist Coleman Hawkins which was recorded in 1958 and released on the Prestige label. Then 52, Hawkins uses a typically young rhythm section and plays melodically on a variety of originals and standards". All compositions by Coleman Hawkins except as indicated. I Hadn't Anyone Till You" (Ray Noble) - 4:34. Groovin'" (Kenny Burrell) - 5:43.
Classic Tenors (2002). Album by Coleman Hawkins. How Deep Is the Ocean by Coleman Hawkins and Lester Young. was sampled in. I'm Walking by Perquisite and Benjamin Herman (2012).
|1||The Man I Love||5:03|
|5||How Deep Is The Ocean?||3:18|
|9||I Got Rhythm||4:08|
|10||I'm Fer It Too||4:05|
|11||Hawkins' Barrel House||2:56|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – CBS Records Inc.
- Manufactured By – CBS Records Inc.
- Clarinet – Andy Fitzgerald (tracks: 5, 6, 11, 12)
- Contrabass – Al Hall (tracks: 7 to 10), Oscar Pettiford (tracks: 1 to 6, 11, 12)
- Design – MPI Graphics, Sid Maurer
- Drums – Jo Jones (tracks: 7 to 10), Shelly Manne (tracks: 1 to 6, 11, 12)
- Engineer – Doug Hawkins
- Guitar – Al Casey (tracks: 5, 6, 11, 12), Freddie Greene* (tracks: 7 to 10)
- Illustration [Photo Illustration] – Harry Roolaart
- Liner Notes – Nat Hentoff
- Photography By [Cover Photos] – Robert Parent*
- Piano – Eddie Heywood (tracks: 1 to 4), Ellis Larkins (tracks: 5, 6, 7 to 12)
- Producer [Produced By] – Bob Thiele
- Tenor Saxophone – Coleman Hawkins (tracks: 1 to 6, 11, 12), Lester Young (tracks: 7 to 10)
- Trombone – Dickie Wells (tracks: 7 to 10)
- Trumpet – Bill Coleman (tracks: 5, 6, 7 to 12)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 07464384462
- Matrix / Runout: DIDP-070618 5
|SL 10117||Coleman Hawkins / Lester Young||Coleman Hawkins / Lester Young - Classic Tenors (LP, Comp, Mono)||Stateside||SL 10117||UK||1964|
|FW 38446||Coleman Hawkins / Lester Young||Coleman Hawkins / Lester Young - Classic Tenors (LP, Comp, RE)||Doctor Jazz||FW 38446||US||1983|
|Mono CM-3||Coleman Hawkins And Lester Young||Coleman Hawkins And Lester Young - Classic Tenors (LP, Album, Mono)||Contact||Mono CM-3||US||Unknown|
|SR(M)-3137||Coleman Hawkins And Lester Young||Coleman Hawkins And Lester Young - Classic Tenors (LP, Comp, Mono, Gat)||Flying Dutchman||SR(M)-3137||Japan||1972|
|CDSOL-45703||Coleman Hawkins And Lester Young||Coleman Hawkins And Lester Young - Classic Tenors (CD, Comp, Ltd, RE, RM)||Solid Records||CDSOL-45703||Japan||2017|