Various Artists - SMM: Context SMM's an acronym. I have no idea what it stands for. The mysterious term, coined by the label back in 2003 though left undefined, is the Ann Arbor heavy's broad umbrella term for experimental music that falls somewhere between modern classical, minimalism, dour turntablism and drone. Home-alone music, I guess, so I'll propose "Somber Miserablist Music.
Or consider a donation?
Ghostly International GI 133CD.
1. Motion - Goldmund. Listen to Smm: Context in full in the this site app. Play on this site. 2011 Ghostly International.
Various Artists - SMM: CONTEXT - Ghostly International, gi-133lp - 2x12 Inch LP Vinyl Record - Vinyl Shop. SMM: Context is the first release in Ghostly Internationals new yearly compilation series of evocative, open-ended music. The artists on Context span the globe, straddling the intersection between classical minimalism, electronic and drone composition, film soundtracks, and fragile imaginary landscapes. In other words, SMM: Context relies on its listener to fill in the blanks, providing real-world context for its darkly emotional sounds.
SMM is a murky and mysterious genre - in fact, it is not even a genre at all. Rather, it is the twilight intersection where drone and minimalist classical spill over into ambient and new age. It is music of atmosphere, of imagery, music that seeks to conjure up shadowy nooks and crannies in the mind of the listener and to soundtrack a thousand unshot dreamlike films
Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist - Artist (Sample).
|4||–Christina Vantzou||11 Generations Of My Fathers||5:16|
|6||–The Fun Years||Cornelia Amygdaloid||6:05|
|9||–Rafael Anton Irisarri||Moments Descend On My Windowpane||5:14|
|10||–Kyle Bobby Dunn||Runge's Last Stand||5:57|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Ghostly International
- Copyright (c) – Ghostly International
- Published By – Ghostly International Company
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Published By – Over The High Seas
- Published By – Tonic Music Ltd.
- Artwork – Michael Cina
- Curated By – Jeff Owens
- Curated By [With Help] – Danny Scales, Jakub Alexander, Michael Cina, Rafael Anton Irisarri, Sam Valenti IV
NotesIssued in a gatefold cardboard sleeve.
℗ + © MMXI Ghostly International
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 8 04297 81332 5
- Barcode (String): 804297813325
- Matrix / Runout: GI-133 WC1404
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LD02
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 5J54
|SMM XIV / GI-133A||Various||SMM: Context (2xLP, Comp)||Ghostly International||SMM XIV / GI-133A||US||2011|