It should not have been unearthed It should not have been ever made known It should not have been allowed to ever again see the light of day. The unendurable truths of who we actually are The excruciating and unbearable secrets of the origins of the human race Should never have been exhumed from their ancient entombment To saw madness and self annihilation Amongst the weak willed and deluded masses of this world. We should have remained hopelessly lost in blind self delusion We should have prayed to never learn of the mind reading truth of the lineage of mankind.
The production of What Should Not Be Unearthed was handled by the band at Sanders‘ own Serpent Headed Studios. All the tracking was done there too, except for the initial drum tracking, which was done with Bob Moore at Soundlab in Columbia. Once again, the title and the lyrical themes of NILE’s album are heavily inspired by old Egypt and archaeology: 'What Should Not Be Unearthed' is somewhat like the idea that what if archaeologists accidentally dug up something, so old and unimaginable in its implications of the origin of humanity that it rocked the foundations of modern civilization, explains guitarist Karl Sanders and.
And that's where What Should Not Be Unearthed comes in, because this is about as good of a mea culpa we could have possibly asked for. It's clear they're never going to go back to their darkened shrines any time soon, so seeing them return to their detesting gods is wholly welcome for m. Hooks are back in a big way for What Should Not Be Unearthed.
Album · 2015 · 10 Songs. 2015 Nuclear Blast GmbH. See All. At the Gate of Sethu (Bonus Version). Annihilation of the Wicked. Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka.
Album Name What Should Not Be Unearthed. 4. In the Name of Amun. 5. What Should Not Be Unearthed. 6. Evil to Cast Out Evil.
Here with their newest album What Should Not Be Unearthed, Nile prove that they can still release semi-quality material without much progression. If you've ever heard Nile before then you pretty much know what to expect. This album is full of solid riffs that are enough to keep you entertained, but they never really push any boundaries. Even so, there's still plenty of headbangable moments to be found on this album. You'll frequently find yourself nodding along to several tracks. The drumming has always been a highlight for Nile and it's no different here.
|AI||Call To Destruction|
|AII||Negating The Abominable Coils Of Apep|
|AIII||Liber Stellae Rubeae|
|AIV||In The Name Of Amun|
|BV||What Should Not Be Unearthed|
|BVI||Evil To Cast Out Evil|
|BVII||Age Of Famine|
|CIX||Rape Of The Black Earth|
|CX||To Walk Forth From Flames Unscathed|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Nuclear Blast Records
- Copyright (c) – Nuclear Blast Records
- Published By – Sony / ATV Music Publishing
- Recorded At – Serpent Headed Studio
- Mixed At – OTB
- Engineered At – Sound Lab, Columbia
- Artwork – Michał „Xaay" Loranc*
- Bass – Dallas Toler-Wade, Karl Sanders
- Cover – Michał „Xaay" Loranc*
- Drums – George Kollias
- Guest, Percussion – Pete Hammoura
- Guest, Vocals – Aaron Morris , Brillo Fusillo, Carry Gore, Chris King , Dana Bryant , Dion Sweatt, Jason Hagan, Jason Moon, Justin Wilbanks, Matt Nations, Matthew Kay , Rick Ballenger, Rob Crouch, Robert Dirr, Shawn Allen, Zach Guttery
- Guest, Vocals [Special] – Brad Parris, Jon Vesano, Mike Breazeale, Pete Hammoura
- Guitar – Dallas Toler-Wade, Karl Sanders
- Liner Notes – Karl Sanders
- Liner Notes [Edited By] – Alexander Ford, Kurt Van Atta
- Lyrics By – Sanders* (tracks: AI to BVII, CIX, CX)
- Management – Gunter Ford, World Management
- Management [Agency Europe] – Miracle Artists, Nick Peel
- Management [Agency USA] – First Row Talent, John Finberg
- Mastered By – Alan Douches
- Mixed By – Neil Kernon
- Music By – Toler-Wade* (tracks: AIII, BVI, CIX), Kollias* (tracks: AI to BVII, CIX, CX), Sanders*
- Producer – Nile
- Recorded By [Drum Recordings Engineered By] – Bob Moore
- Vocals – Dallas Toler-Wade, Karl Sanders
NotesRecorded at Serpent Headed Studios.
Mixed at OTB for Auslander.
Drum Recordings Engineered at Soundlab Studios.
Clear vinyl in gatefold. Includes two printed inserts.
Limited to 500 copies.
Tracks listed sequentially regardless of side.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 27361 33341 6
- Barcode (back sticker): 7 27361 33347 8
- Other (LP1 cat. number): NB 3334-1-1
- Other (LP2 cat. number): NB 3334-1-2
- Label Code: LC 07027
|NB 3334-2, 27361 33342||Nile||What Should Not Be Unearthed (CD, Album, Sli)||Nuclear Blast, Nuclear Blast||NB 3334-2, 27361 33342||Europe||2015|
|NB33342||Nile||What Should Not Be Unearthed (CD, Album)||Nuclear Blast||NB33342||Australia & New Zealand||2015|
|NB 3334-1, 27361 33341||Nile||What Should Not Be Unearthed (LP, Sil + LP, S/Sided, Sil + Album, Ltd)||Nuclear Blast, Nuclear Blast||NB 3334-1, 27361 33341||Europe||2015|
|NB 3334-1, 27361 33341||Nile||What Should Not Be Unearthed (LP, Gre + LP, S/Sided, Gre + Album, Ltd)||Nuclear Blast, Nuclear Blast||NB 3334-1, 27361 33341||Europe||2015|
|NB 3334-2, 27361 33342||Nile||What Should Not Be Unearthed (CD, Album)||Nuclear Blast, Nuclear Blast||NB 3334-2, 27361 33342||Russia||2015|