Cameo – Secret Omen. Label: Chocolate City – CCLP 2008. Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, 73 Terre Haute Pressing. Coordinator – Jan Ruffle, Wendy Jaross. Engineer – Nina Rhodes, Steve Jerome. Flute – George Marge, Seldon Powell.
Released in 1979, Secret Omen is among Cameo's most essential releases. Everything on this album is a winner; anyone who appreciates sweaty, gutsy, horn-powered funk would have a hard time not loving "I Just Want to Be" (a major hit) and equally gritty gems like "New York," "Macho," and "The Rock. Meanwhile, a remake of "Find My Way" (previously heard on 1977's Cardiac Arrest) is even more disco-minded than the original version
Anthology is a 2-disc greatest hits album released by the funk/R&B group Cameo in 2002. The collection is arguably the best representation of Cameo released to date, containing 23 of their 26 Top-40 R&B hits, though the top 5 single "You Make Me Work" is not present. This collection was repackaged and retitled as Gold three years later. Rigor Mortis" – 5:22 - eftenant (from Cardiac Arrest, 1977). Post Mortem" – 4:22 - Blackmon/Johnson (from Cardiac Arrest, 1977).
Style is the ninth album by the funk/R&B band Cameo, released in 1983. It was their first album to introduce their "Atlanta Artists" label, with which they maintained their distribution through Polygram Records. At the time, Cameo was going through a transition, having gone from five members (Alligator Woman, 1982) to four, with an extreme makeover in their sound. Their former big funk band sound was now being replaced by all the elements of the electronic age (.
Cameo is an American soul-influenced funk group that formed in the early 1970s. Cameo was initially a 13-member group known as the New York City Players; this name was later changed to Cameo to avoid a lawsuit from Ohio Players, another group from that era. Since then, Cameo has r. ore . Year: 1979.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – Larry Blackmon
|A2||I Just Want To Be
Written-By – Gregory Johnson, Larry Blackmon
|A3||Find My Way
Written-By – John Melfi*
Written-By – Larry Blackmon, Nathan Leftenant, Tomi Jenkins
Written-By – Larry Blackmon
Written-By – Anthony Lockett, Larry Blackmon
Written-By – Aaron Mills, Anthony Lockett, Larry Blackmon
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Chocolate City Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Chocolate City Records, Inc.
- Recorded At – H & L Sound Studio
- Mixed At – Bee Jay Recording Studio
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Pressed By – Keel Mfg. Corp.
- Designed At – Gribbitt!
- Manufactured By – Casablanca Record And Filmworks, Inc.
- Manufactured By – Casablanca Records, Inc.
- Distributed By – Casablanca Record And Filmworks, Inc.
- Distributed By – Casablanca Records, Inc.
- Record Company – Chocolate City Records, Inc.
- Published By – Better Nights Music
- Published By – Better Days Music
- Published By – Charles K. Harris Music Co., Inc.
- Published By – Boca Music, Inc.
- Published By – Raton Songs, Inc.
- Arranged By [Horns] – Larry Blackmon, The Tity Brothers
- Arranged By [Strings], Arranged By [Horns] – Sammy Lowe
- Arranged By [Vocal] – Larry Blackmon
- Arranged By [Vocals] – Cameo
- Art Direction, Design – Edward Beckett
- Bass Guitar, Percussion, Backing Vocals – Aaron Mills
- Congas – Angel Allende
- Coordinator [Album Coordination] – Jan Ruffle, Wendy Jaross
- Drums, Percussion, Timbales, Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals – Larry Blackmon
- Engineer – Nina Rhodes, Steve Jerome
- Flute – George Marge, Seldon Powell
- Guitar – Fred Wells
- Illustration – Carl Ramsey
- Keyboards – Randy Stern
- Keyboards, Backing Vocals – Gregory Johnson
- Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Percussion, Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals – Anthony Lockett
- Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals – Tomi Jenkins, Wayne Cooper
- Management [Personal Management] – Sanford Ross Management
- Management [Public Relations] – The Howard Bloom Organization
- Mastered By – Jack Skinner
- Mixed By – Bill Vermillion, Larry Blackmon
- Percussion – Damon Mendes
- Photography By – Len Kaltman
- Producer – Larry Blackmon
- Strings – Irving Spice's Strings
- Tenor Saxophone, Percussion, Backing Vocals – Arnett Leftenant
- Trombone – Carl Harleston
- Trumpet – Arthur Young
- Trumpet, Percussion, Backing Vocals – Nathan Leftenant
NotesKeel Mfg. Corp. promo pressing. States "Promotion Copy Not For Sale" on left side of labels.
Cat. # on labels is shown as CCLP 2008 DJ.
Recorded at: H&L Studios, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
Mixed at: Bee Jay Studios, Orlando, Florida.
Mastered at: Sterling Sound, New York.
Special thanks to all our friends at Casablanca, Sandy Ross, Steve Ellis, Wendy Jaross, Jan Ruffle, Kathleen Karter, Gwen Franklin, Yogi, our phenomenal crew and all the other unnamed people and companies who keep our buses and trucks rolling across the country and getting us to the gigs on time.
℗ © 1979 Chocolate City Records, Inc.
Manufactured and distributed by Casablanca Record and FilmWorks, Inc., 8255 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90046.
Printed inner company sleeve.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix A, on label): CCLP 2008 AS
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix B, on label): CCLP 2008 BS
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched / ⊂◯⊃ stamped): A2 ⊂◯⊃ CCLP-2008-A
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B etched / ◬, STERLING stamped): D-2 ◬ CCLP-2008-BS•RE1 STERLING
- Other (Pressing Plant code, on labels): 53
- Rights Society (A1 to B4): ASCAP
- Rights Society (A2, B1, B3, B4): BMI
|CCLP 2008||Cameo||Secret Omen (LP, Album, 73=)||Chocolate City||CCLP 2008||US||1979|
|CCLP 2008||Cameo||Secret Omen (LP, Album, Rai)||Chocolate City||CCLP 2008||US||1979|
|CCLP 2008||Cameo||Secret Omen (LP, Album, Promo, 28)||Chocolate City||CCLP 2008||US||1979|
|CCL. 71056||Cameo||Secret Omen (LP, Album)||Chocolate City, Vogue||CCL. 71056||France||1979|
|314 520 335-2||Cameo||Secret Omen (CD, Album, RE)||Rebound Records||314 520 335-2||US||1996|