Special Thanks-Ken Friesen,Cathy Coonley,Beverly Lightfoot Eyers,Richard Harrison,Charlie Morgan,Walter Bivens,Rick Bell. This release came with printed inner sleeve with lyrics.
Gordon Lightfoot (born November 17, 1938) is a Canadian singer-songwriter who achieved international success in folk, folk-rock, and country music. He is often referred to as Canada's greatest songwriter and is known internationally as a folk-rock legend. Lightfoot's discography comprises 19 studio albums, three live albums, 16 greatest hits albums and 46 singles.
Album · 1980 · 10 Songs. Dream Street Rose Gordon Lightfoot.
Dream Street Rose is an underrated album from the downside of Gordon Lightfoot's career, when his chart performance was sagging and his new albums began to appear after longer intervals.
Gordon Lightfoot takes a turn for the quiet in "Dream Street Rose," a subtle album that at first seems oddly impersonal coming from Lightfoot, a private man who, as private men sometimes do, tends to make his work intensely personal. And at first it seems regressive; the songs sound (superficially) like some he was writing ten years ago, and the instrumentation, including the return of acoustic guitars to prominence, sounds (superficially) like the pre-"Endless Wire" stuff.
All the great songs and lyrics from the "Dream Street Rose" album ont he Web's largest and most authoritative lyrics resource. Missing lyrics by Gordon Lightfoot? Know any other songs by Gordon Lightfoot?
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Sea Of Tranquility||3:14|
|A2||Ghosts Of Cape Horn||4:07|
|A3||Dream Street Rose||2:55|
|A4||On The High Seas||3:15|
|A5||Whisper My Name||3:11|
|B1||If You Need Me||2:48|
|B3||Make Way For The Lady||3:40|
|B4||Mister Rock Of Ages||3:29|
Written-By – Buddy Black, Leroy Van Dyke
- Accordion – Nick De Caro*
- Arranged By [String Arrangements] – Nick De Caro*
- Artwork, Photography By [Cover Photo] – Tom Bert
- Autoharp – Bruce Good
- Banjo – Herb Pedersen
- Bass – Bob Glaub, Rick Haynes
- Design [Album] – Martin Donald
- Drums – Barry Keane
- Engineer [Assistant] – Stuart Gitlin
- Guitar – Gordon Lightfoot
- Harp – Gayle Levant
- Keyboards, Accordion – Michael Omartian
- Lead Guitar – Terry Clements
- Mastered By – Bobby Hata
- Mixed By – Lee Herschberg
- Music Consultant – Red Shea
- Percussion – Lenny Castro
- Photography By [Band Photo] – Bruce Cole
- Programmed By [Synthezisers] – Stephen Hague
- Steel Guitar [Pedal] – Pee Wee Charles
- Typography [Lettering] – Michael Manoogian
- Vocals – Gordon Lightfoot
- Written-By – Gordon Lightfoot (tracks: A1 to B4)
NotesSpecial Thanks--Ken Friesen,Cathy Coonley,Beverly Lightfoot Eyers,Richard Harrison,Charlie Morgan,Walter Bivens,Rick Bell
Came with printed inner sleeve with lyrics
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Etching Runout Side A): W - 8 HS - 1 - 3426 K 56802 A2
- Matrix / Runout (Etching Runout Side B): W-1 KD HS - 2 - 3426 K 56802 B2
|HS 3426||Gordon Lightfoot||Dream Street Rose (LP, Album, Los)||Warner Bros. Records||HS 3426||US||1980|
|S 90.233||Gordon Lightfoot||Dream Street Rose (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||S 90.233||Spain||1980|
|HS 3426||Gordon Lightfoot||Dream Street Rose (LP, Album, Club, RE)||Warner Bros. Records||HS 3426||US||1980|
|HS 3426||Gordon Lightfoot||Dream Street Rose (LP, Album, Win)||Warner Bros. Records||HS 3426||US||1980|
|W5 3426||Gordon Lightfoot||Dream Street Rose (Cass, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||W5 3426||US||1980|