By: Martin Denny (1961, Jazz). More albums from Martin Denny: Spanish Village by Martin Denny. Exotic Sounds Visit Broadway by Martin Denny. Primitiva by Martin Denny. Exotica Volume II by Martin Denny. Hawaii Goes À Go-Go! by Martin Denny. A Taste Of Hits by Martin Denny. Exotica Suite by Martin Denny. Forbidden Island by Martin Denny. View all albums . Romantica. By: Martin Denny (1961, Jazz). 1. And This Is My Beloved.
Piano, Celesta – Martin Denny. Producer – Felix Slatkin. Vibraphone – Tommy Vig. Notes. Subtitled: The Lush and Exotic Sounds Of Martin Denny. Matrix, Runout (Side 1, Stamped): LST 7207-1. Romantica (LP, Album).
Martin Denny (April 10, 1911 ‒ March 2, 2005) was an American piano-player and composer best known as the "father of exotica. In a long career that saw him performing well into the 1980s, he toured the world popularizing his brand of lounge music which included exotic percussion, imaginative rearrangements of popular songs, and original songs that celebrated Tiki culture.
Watch the video for Blue Paradise from Martin Denny's Primitiva and Romantica for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Martin Denny - Fire Cracker Fire Cracker Martin Denny.
Exotica introduced the hit "Quiet Village," catapulted the ersatz musical idiom of the same name, and brought much attention to the Martin Denny Group from visitors to the group's base in Hawaii. Even the gorgeous jacket photo - of "exotica girl" Sandy Warner peeking out from a bamboo curtain - is a classic of the era.
Tracks count: 0. Views: 1. Related. The Exotic Sounds Of Martin Denny - Martin Denny. Beyond the Sea, Vol. 4 - Martin Denny.
|A1||And This Is My Beloved||2:29|
|A2||Love At Sight||1:40|
|A4||Aloha, I Love You||2:36|
|A5||La Pampa Y La Puna||2:36|
|B1||Love, Your Magic Spell Is Everywhere||1:56|
|B2||Magic Is The Moonlight||2:19|
|B3||A Fine Romance||2:37|
- Published By – Frank Music
- Published By – Exotica Pub. Co.
- Published By – Bregman, Vocco & Conn
- Published By – Peer International Corp.
- Published By – Robbins Music
- Published By – Bourne, Inc.
- Published By – Chappell & Co.
- Published By – T. B. Harms
- Published By – E. H. Morris
- Cover, Design – Pate/Francis & Associates
- Double Bass [String Bass] – Harvey Ragsdale
- Percussion – Buddy Fo, Frank Kim
- Photography By – Garrett-Howard, Inc.*
- Piano, Celesta [Celeste] – Martin Denny
- Producer – Felix Slatkin
- Vibraphone – Tommy Vig
NotesBlue print on cream colored Liberty label. Audition Record.
Subtitled: The Lush and Exotic Sounds Of Martin Denny.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1, Stamped): LST..7207..1 SIDE1 I A1
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2, Stamped): LST..7207..1 SIDE2 I A1
- Matrix / Runout (Both Sides, Etched): ƒ
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
|LRP 3207||Martin Denny||Romantica (LP, Album, Mono)||Liberty||LRP 3207||US||1961|
|LST 7207||Martin Denny||Romantica (LP, Album)||Liberty||LST 7207||US||1961|
|LRP 3207||Martin Denny||Romantica (LP, Album, Mono, Promo)||Liberty||LRP 3207||US||1961|
|LST 7207, LST-7207||Martin Denny||Romantica (LP, Album)||Liberty, Liberty||LST 7207, LST-7207||US||1961|
|LT 7207||Martin Denny||Romantica (Reel, 4tr Stereo, Album)||Liberty||LT 7207||US||1961|