Cities is an album by The Cat Empire released on 1 April 2006. A limited release, 10,000 individually numbered copies have been made in digipak format. On 29 October, the album won an ARIA Music Award under the category Best World Music Album. The album was recorded at Sing Sing Studios in Richmond, Melbourne, Australia.
The First instrumental song by The cat empire 'Jungle' opens with a catchy drum beat and the a sequence of brass instruments with the electric guitar in the back ground playing no riff just randomly playing, But really well. Lyrics - 7 Overall the lyrics aren't brilliant, I mean there good but not special. With the band having two singers/songwriters the lyrics on the album are a blend of the two different artists songwriting skills. Felix Riebl really introduces an australasian voice to the band and Harry Angus brings a fair urban street voice
The Cat Empire Cities CD Condition: Good. Time left: 22d 23h 37m 1s. Ships to: Worldwide. You can include this album in your own chart from the My Charts page! Cities: The Cat Empire Project collection.
13 tracks · 24 October 2003. 14 tracks · 22 September 2007. 12 tracks · 16 May 2013. Cities: the Cat Empire Project. 13 tracks · 1 April 2006. Tapes, Breaks and Out-Takes.
Artist : The Cat Empire. Track Listing : 1. Cities. Beyonce's Surprise Live Album 'Homecoming' Includes New Bonus Tracks - Listen! MUSIC.
2006 - Cities - The Cat Empire Project/The Cat Empire Project - Cities. 2006 - Cities - The Cat Empire Project/03-Siente. 2006 - Cities - The Cat Empire Project/10-Side To Side. 2006 - Cities - The Cat Empire Project/cover. 2006 - Cities - The Cat Empire Project/Cities. 2006 - Cities - The Cat Empire Project/09-Down At The 30. lac - 1. 6. 2006 - Cities - The Cat Empire Project/12-Luck Song. 2006 - Cities - The Cat Empire Project/08-Jungle. 2006 - Cities - The Cat Empire Project/13-Anymore.
Other Versions (2 of 2) View All. Cat. 595 892. The Cat Empire Project. Cities (CD, Album, Dig).
Stolen Diamonds is the seventh studio album from The Cat Empire. The band chose to record for the third time with friend and Producer Jan Skubiszewski, this time at Red Moon Studios in Gisbourne, in the country side outside of Melbourne. Felix says this about the album: The band wanted to create an album full of songs that would translate directly onto an international festival stage. That’s really been the broad ambition of each album since Steal the Light.
|5||Song For The Day||3:48|
|6||Know Your Name||3:21|
|7||Song For Elias||4:33|
|9||Down At The 303||2:40|
|10||Side To Side||3:54|
- Recorded At – Sing Sing Studios
- Mixed At – Sing Sing Studios
- Mastered At – Sing Sing Studios
- Bass, Backing Vocals – Ryan Monro
- Cello – Kristy Conrau
- Drums – Will Hull-Brown
- Flugelhorn, Backing Vocals – Ross Irwin
- Guitar – Novak Conrad
- Mastered By – Ross Cockle
- Piano, Keyboards, Melodica, Organ [Hammond], Backing Vocals – Oliver McGill
- Producer – Felix Riebl, The Cat Empire
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Adam Rhodes
- Sitar – Kumar Shome (tracks: 1)
- Tabla – Bobby Singh (tracks: 1, 2)
- Tenor Saxophone, Flute, Baritone Saxophone – Carlo Barbaro
- Trombone, Backing Vocals – Kieran Conrau
- Turntables, Tambourine – Jamshid Khadiwala (DJ Jumps)*
- Violin – Alyssa Conrau
- Vocals – Julie O’Hara (tracks: 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12), Nina Ferro (tracks: 4, 5, 10, 11)
- Vocals, Percussion, Backing Vocals – Felix Riebl
- Vocals, Trumpet, Backing Vocals – Harry James Angus
NotesNumbered limited edition of 10,000.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 94635 95882 9
|none||The Cat Empire Project*||Cities (CDr, Promo)||EMI||none||Australia||2006|
|595 892||The Cat Empire Project*||Cities (CD, Album, Dig)||Virgin||595 892||Australia||Unknown|