John Watson Jr. (February 3, 1935 – May 17, 1996), known professionally as Johnny "Guitar" Watson, was an American blues, soul, and funk musician and singer-songwriter. A flamboyant showman and electric guitarist in the style of T-Bone Walker, Watson recorded throughout the 1950s and 1960s with some success. His creative reinvention in the 1970s with funk overtones, saw Watson have hits with "Ain't That a Bitch" and "Superman Lover"
with capo transposer, play along with guitar, piano, ukulele & mandolin. Johnny guitar watson. Johnny "Guitar" Watson - A real mother for ya. Chords: Eb.
LP (12" album, 33 rpm). Johnny "Guitar" Watson Format: Vinyl. 1980 release from johnny guitar watson, this album contains a whole range of johnny g's talent, from the eminently danceable booty ooty, to the beautiful ballad love jones, to the pre-hip-hop rap telephone bill. Johnny guitar watson reinvented himself and his music so many times, he was always ahead of the curve. I Didn't like this album so much at first, but a few more listens made me appreciate IT a lot more.
From 1974 through 1980, Johnny "Guitar" Watson was on a tear no one, including George Clinton or Bootsy Collins, could equal. While the P-Funk machine began to run out of steam by 1978 - with the exception of the Brides of Funkenstein - Watson kept churning out the weird, kinky funk well into the era of Rick James. Love Jones, his last fine record for quite awhile, had all the trademarks in place: the choppy, heavily reverbed and wah-wahed guitar that had made Watson a blues sensation, the sci-fi keyboards, the handclap that Nile Rogers and Bernard Edwards ripped off for Chic, the.
Listen to Johnny Guitar Watson Radio featuring songs from Love Jones free online. Слушать бесплатное интернет-радио, спорт, музыку, новости, разговорное и подкасты. События в прямом эфире, трансляции игр NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, университетских команд и матчи Премьер-лиги. Спорт, музыка, новости и подкасты. Слушайте аудиоконтент, который для вас наиболее важен.
Johnny "Guitar" Watson - Love Jones (full album). Лучшие песни Johnny "Guitar" Watson.
Read about Love Jones (Instrumental) by Johnny 'Guitar' Watson and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Johnny "Guitar" Watson (February 3, 1935 - May 17, 1996) was an American musician whose long career influenced the development of blues, soul music, rhythm & blues, funk, rock music, and rap music. View full artist profile. Play all. Johnny "Guitar" Watson.
|A3||Going Up In Smoke||4:31|
|B4||Children Of The Universe||5:10|
- Record Company – DJM Records And Tapes
- Made By – Metronome Musik GmbH
- Copyright (c) – Dick James Music, Inc.
- Published By – Vir-Jon Music
- Distributed By – Metronome Musik GmbH
- Lacquer Cut At – PRS Hannover
- Pressed By – PRS Hannover
- Art Direction – Mike Doud
- Coordinator [Album] – Tasha Watson
- Design – Mary Francis
- Engineer – Dennis Moody, Frank Nadasdy, Roger Dollarhide, Romie Lovrich
- Photography By – Tom Gibson
- Producer [Assistant] – Emry Thomas
- Written-By, Producer, Arranged By – Johnny Guitar Watson
P. 1980 Dick James Music, Inc.
Made in Germany by Metronome Musik GmbH
On back cover:
℗ & © 1980 Dick James Music Inc.
Im Vertrieb der Metronome Musik GmbH,
Überseering 21, 2000 Hamburg 60 · Made in W.-Germany
Embossed 'PRS Hannover' logo left lower corner
Some releases have on inner sleeve:
4912 0001533.2 N 27/81 (printed week 27 in 1981)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: GEMA
- Label Code: LC 1278
- Matrix / Runout (Label side A): 0064.227 - A (0703.659 S 1)
- Matrix / Runout (Label side B): 0064.227 - B (0703.659 S 2)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, stamped, variant 1): 0703 659 S1 = 2 320
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, stamped, variant 1): 0703 659 S2 = 2 320
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, stamped, variant 2): 0703 659 S 1 0064 227 S 1 3 20 M 1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, stamped, variant 2): 0703 659 S 2 0064 227 S 2 3 20 H 1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, stamped, variant 3): 0703 659 S 1 0064 227 S 1 3 20 L 1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, stamped, variant 3): 0703 659 S 2 0064 227 S 2 3 20 I 1
|DJM-31, 6372.860||Johnny Guitar Watson||Love Jones (LP, Album, 18)||DJM Records , DJM Records||DJM-31, 6372.860||US||1980|
|DJF 20568||Johnny Guitar Watson||Love Jones (LP, Album)||DJM Records||DJF 20568||Scandinavia||1980|
|DJM8-31||Johnny Guitar Watson||Love Jones (8-Trk, Album)||Dick James Music Ltd.||DJM8-31||1980|
|PSCW-5355||Johnny Guitar Watson||Love Jones (CD, Album, RE)||Polystar||PSCW-5355||Japan||1995|
|COL-5495||Johnny Guitar Watson||Love Jones (LP, Album, RE)||Collectables||COL-5495||US||Unknown|