Producer, Written-By, Arranged By – Gino Soccio.
Gino Soccio (born September 9, 1955, Verdun, Quebec, Canada) is a Canadian disco record producer of Italian descent. His only US Billboard Hot 100 entry was the hit single "Dancer" in 1979, but he did hit on the US Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart twice ("Dancer", "Dance to Dance" in 1979, and "Try It Out", "Hold Tight" in 1981, six weeks each). Dancer" peaked at in the UK Singles Chart in May 1979
Album · 1993 · 9 Songs. Listen on Apple Music.
Gino Soccio is a French Canadian disco producer, who was born in 1955 in Montreal and now resides in Quebec. Made his first solo album in 1979 ('Outline'). His only US Hot 100 entry was the Dancer in 1979, but he did hit on the US Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart twice ("Dancer", "Dance To Dance" in 1979 and "Try It Out", "Hold Tight" in 1981 - six weeks each).
Gino Soccio Closer (Album Version). play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw).
It's Been) Too Long, 04:49. Try It Out (Mixed Version), 04:00.
Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample). Nice techno-disco album from 1980, "Try IT out" is the hit single but the REST of the album is godd, sounds very good on CD. A disco classic.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Try It Out
Soloist, Trumpet – Roger WallsVocals – Erma Shaw
|A3||(It's Been) Too Long||5:02|
Vocals – Elisabeth Smith
Written-By – Bill Withers, Paul Smith
Soloist, Guitar – John Farley
- Manufactured By – Rodven Discos
- Distributed By – Sono-Rodven
- Arranged By, Guitar, Keyboards, Lead Vocals, Producer – Gino Soccio
- Backing Vocals – Carlyle (Sugar) Miller*, Cindy Farr, Elisabeth Smith, Erma Shaw, Heather Gauthier, Laurie Niedzielski
- Bass – Peter Kisilenko
- Coordinator [Album Coordination] – Bob Siegel, Ray Caviano
- Coordinator [Coordination] – Gaston Gravell
- Design – Jacques Bourassa
- Design Concept [Album Concept] – Gino Soccio, Jacques Bourassa
- Drums – Mark Higden
- Engineer – Paul Pagé
- Engineer [Assistant] – Clément Croteau
- Guitar – Bob Cohen , Howard Foreman, John Hagopian
- Horns – Carlyle Miller, Gary Nagels, Roger Walls
- Mastered By [Mastering Engineer] – Jack Skinner
- Music By, Lyrics By – Gino Soccio (tracks: A1 to B1, B3)
- Percussion – Jimmy Tanaka
- Programmed By [Sequencer], Effects [Special] – Pierre Gauthier
NotesCopy autographed by Gino Soccio while visiting Discotienda de Oro in Venezuela back in the eighties!!!
|CEL 2080||Gino Soccio||Closer (LP, Album)||Celebration||CEL 2080||Canada||1981|
|LWA-6039||Gino Soccio||Closer (LP, Album)||Atlantic, RFC Records||LWA-6039||Mexico||1981|
|W 50790||Gino Soccio||Closer (LP, Album)||Atlantic, RFC Records||W 50790||Italy||1981|
|W 450790||Gino Soccio||Closer (Cass, Album)||Atlantic, RFC Records||W 450790||Italy||1981|
|SPLK-7236||Gino Soccio||Closer (CD, Album, RE, Unofficial)||Unidisc||SPLK-7236||Russia||2019|