The Garden is a 1981 album by John Foxx, the follow-up to his debut solo album Metamatic, released the previous year. However, its instrumentation and highly romantic style is more comparable to Systems of Romance, his last album with former band Ultravox, released in 1978
John Foxx (born Dennis Leigh, 26 September 1948) is an English singer, artist, photographer and teacher. He was the original lead singer of the band Ultravox, before leaving to embark on a solo career (with Midge Ure eventually taking his place in Ultravox).
Published by Island Music Ltd. ℗ 1981 Metal Beat/Virgin Records Ltd. : Recorded & mixed at The Garden, except B2 recorded at The Music Works & The Garden. First published in Great Britain in 1981 by Metal Beat/Virgin Records Limited.
In a coincidental but sly touch, Foxx beat out his former bandmates when it came to religious themes in songs - a year before the Midge Ure-fronted group released "Hymn" as a single, Foxx adapted the "Pater Noster" chant from Catholic services into a song, and quite successfully at that.
1. 1. The Garden Lyrics. We've been sleeping in the garden Breath of summer, breath of gold As we turn against the sweep of hills The sky's aglow We fade away We fade away She burns away in light and silver Luminous through all these years Every gesture filled with longings I still feel We fade away We fade away We fade away We fade away. I see you standing in the long light Dress discarded, windows glow All across the wild horizons The sunset goes We fade away We fade away We fade away We fade away.
The Garden" is a 1981 album by John Foxx, the follow-up to his debut solo album "Metamatic", released the previous year. However its instrumentation and highly romantic style is more comparable to "Systems of Romance", his last album with former band Ultravox, released in 1978. Production and style.
Download and listen online The Garden by John Foxx. Format – mp3. Music video. John Foxx - The Garden. 07:04 1. 8 Мб 320 Кб/с. 292. On this page you can download song John Foxx - The Garden in mp3 and listen online. Watch music video "John Foxx - The Garden" online. Send lyrics Send translation.
John Foxx's The Garden is the John Foxx quintessential album mixing beautiful classical music with his unmistakable modern electronic sound. The Garden, the title track, is superb. One person found this helpful. Systems of Romance, Europe After The Rain and The Garden are sublime and amongst the best songs John Foxx ever composed. However, some of the other songs on this album are a little retrogressive and use guitars - surely a very passé musical instrument by the start of the 1980s? ;-)) This album stands between Metamatic and The Golden Section somewhat uncomfortably. Ultimately, Metamatic and The Golden Section were better albums overall - Metamatic, for its purity and diligence, and The Golden Section, for its ability to conjure up very beautiful emotions and ideas.
Features Song Lyrics for John Foxx's The Garden album. Fusion-Fission Lyrics. 11. John Foxx Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. Lyricapsule: The Surfaris Drop ‘Wipe Out’; June 22, 1963. RIFF’d: Nas’ ‘Nasir’. Lyricapsule: The Byrds Drop ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’; June 21, 1965.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Europe After The Rain
Acoustic Guitar – John Foxx
|A2||Systems Of Romance||4:03|
|A3||When I Was A Man And You Were A Woman
Bongos, Cymbal – Duncan Bridgeman
|A4||Dancing Like A Gun||4:12|
|B2||You Were There||3:52|
|B3||Fusion / Fission||3:50|
- Artwork By – Ansell Sadgrove
- Artwork By [Design, Montage], Producer, Songwriter, Vocals – John Foxx
- Bass – Duncan Bridgeman (tracks: A1, B1), Jake Durant (tracks: B2), Jo Dworniak* (tracks: A2, A3, B1 to B4)
- Drum Programming – John Foxx (tracks: A1, A3, A5)
- Drums – Philip Roberts (tracks: A2, A4, B1 to B4)
- Engineer – Gareth Jones
- Guitar – John Foxx (tracks: A2, A4, B2 to B4)
- Guitar [Lead] – Robin Simon (tracks: A2, A4, B1, B3, B4)
- Percussion – Duncan Bridgeman (tracks: A4, B1, B5), Gareth Jones (tracks: B1)
- Photography – Peter Gilbert
- Piano – Duncan Bridgeman (tracks: B3), John Foxx (tracks: A1, B2, B4)
- Synthesizer – Duncan Bridgeman (tracks: A2 to A4, B1, B3 to B5), John Foxx (tracks: A1, A3 to B3, B5)
NotesNumbered limited edition of 3000, included "Church" booklet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 - Stamped): Å MX194474 V2194-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 - Stamped): Å MX194475 V2194-2
- Other (Label A side): MX194474
- Other (Label B Side): MX194475
|V2194, V 2194||John Foxx||The Garden (LP, Album, Boo)||Virgin, Virgin||V2194, V 2194||UK||1981|
|EDCD 703||John Foxx||The Garden (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Edsel Records||EDCD 703||UK||2001|
|AE 460, 404896||John Foxx||The Garden (Cass, Album, Dol)||Metal Beat, Virgin||AE 460, 404896||France||1981|
|OVED 47||John Foxx||The Garden (LP, Album, RE)||Virgin||OVED 47||Italy||Unknown|
|EDSD2014||John Foxx||The Garden (CD, Album, RE, RM + CD, RM)||Edsel Records||EDSD2014||UK||2008|