Moods is an album by American jazz pianist Mal Waldron, recorded in 1978, and released by the Enja label.
This double-Lp features pianist Mal Waldron in two very different settings. On the first three songs (including the 20-minute sidelong "Sieg Haile"), he performs three of his compositions in a sextet with cornetist Terumasa Hino, soprano-saxophonist Steve Lacy, trombonist Hermann Breuer, bassist Cameron Brown and drummer Makaya Ntshoko.
Mal Waldron – Moods. Label: Inner City Records – IC 3018-2. Format: 2 Vinyl, LP, Album. Recorded 6th May 1978 (side A & B), 8th May1978 (side C & D), Tonstudio Bauer, Ludwigsburg Text on back cover: Mal Waldron Solo, Sextett Printed in the . Matrix, Runout (Side A etched runout): IC-3018-2A St-/R.
Moods - Студийный альбом от Mal Waldron. В альбом вошло 10 треков. Продолжительность альбома: 01:24:31. Mal Waldron & Steve Lacy petite fleur. Mal Waldron Quintet - Russian Melody. 3. Mal Waldron QuintetSteve Lacy. Mal Waldron - Duquility.
The Mal Waldron Trio: Impressions + Left Alone. Mal 2 + Mal 3 - Sounds + Mal 4 - Trio. 2016 Original Album plus Bonus Tracks.
A breakdown caused by a drug overdose in 1963 left Waldron unable to play or remember any music; he regained his skills gradually, while redeveloping his speed of thought. permanently in the mid-1960s, settled in Europe, and continued touring internationally until his death. Moods (Mal Waldron album). Moods is an album by American jazz pianist Mal Waldron, recorded in 1978, and released by the Enja label.
Home Mal Waldron Catalog - album index, Discography - session index. 1952 (age 27). Emmitt Davis - Rippin' And Runnin', Look What'cha Done (Hi-Lo 1407). Ike Quebec, tenor sax; Mal Waldron, piano; Alfred Matthews, bass; Kansas Fields, drums; Emmitt Davis, vocals. Mal Waldron - Moods (enja (G) 3021+23). Terumasa Hino, trumpet; Hermann Breuer, trombone; Steve Lacy, soprano sax; Mal Waldron, piano; Cameron Brown, bass; Makaya Ntshoko, drums. Tonstudio Bauer, Ludwigsburg, West Germany, May 6, 1978.
Moods Studio album by Mal Waldron Recorded May 6 8, 1977. Moods is an album by American jazz pianist Mal Waldron recorded in 1978 and released by the Enja label.
|A2||A Case Of Plus 4's||14:59|
|D2||I Thought About You||7:39|
- Licensed From – Enja Records
- Published By – Enja Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Inner City Records
- Recorded At – Tonstudio Bauer
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Bass – Cameron Brown (tracks: A1 to B)
- Cornet – Terumasa Hino (tracks: A1 to B)
- Design [Cover] – Weber*, Winckelmann*
- Drums – Makaya Ntshoko (tracks: A1 to B)
- Orchestra – Mal Waldron Sextet* (tracks: A1 to B)
- Photography By – Ghert Chesi
- Piano – Mal Waldron
- Producer – Horst Weber, Matthias Winckelmann
- Recorded By – Carlos Albrecht
- Soprano Saxophone – Steve Lacy (tracks: A1 to B)
- Trombone – Hermann Breuer (tracks: A1 to B)
- Written-By – J. Van Heusen* (tracks: D2), Mal Waldron (tracks: A1 to D1, D3)
NotesRecorded 6th May 1978 (side A & B), 8th May1978 (side C & D), Tonstudio Bauer, Ludwigsburg
Text on back cover: Mal Waldron Solo • Sextett
Printed in the U.S.A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A etched runout): IC-3018-2A St-/R.L./MD/TV/DISK 12.5.78 23:16 RL
- Matrix / Runout (Side B etched runout): IC-3018-2B St. R.L. /MD/TV/DISK 12.5.78 19:10
- Matrix / Runout (Side C etched runout): IC-3018-2C- St. R.L. MD/TV/DISK 12.5.78 19:24 RL
- Matrix / Runout (Side D etched runout): IC-3018-2D- St.(R.L.) MD/TV/DISK 12.5.78 23:08 RL
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, C & D stamped runout): MASTERDISK
|enja 3021 ST, enja 3021 + 23||Mal Waldron||Moods (2xLP, Album)||Enja Records, Enja Records||enja 3021 ST, enja 3021 + 23||Germany||1978|
|ENJ-2110 2||Mal Waldron||Moods (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Enja Records||ENJ-2110 2||Germany||2006|
|BT-8069-70||Mal Waldron||Moods (2xLP, Album)||Enja Records||BT-8069-70||Japan||1978|
|3021 2||Mal Waldron||Moods (CD, RE)||Enja Records||3021 2||Germany||1990|
|R2 79629||Mal Waldron||Moods (CD, Album, RE)||Enja Records||R2 79629||USA & Canada||Unknown|