Happy to Meet – Sorry to Part is an album by Irish rock band Horslips. It was first released in Ireland by the end of 1972 as their début album. Before this, they had released the same year three singles: Johnny's Wedding/Flower amang Them All and Green Gravel/Fairy King in Ireland and The High Reel/Furniture overseas. Happy to Meet – Sorry to Part was also released the following year in United Kingdom, Germany, France and United States.
Horslips - happy to meet. 1 day. 29/9/73PN29 album advert 15X11" horslips : happy to meet, sorry to part. Horslips’ first studio album is said to also be the first true ‘Celtic rock’ album, although I suspect Christy Moore might argue that point. It is in fact quite Celtic in nature, full of jig arrangements on both ends of the record; and with instrumentation that included Uillean pipes, mandolin, flute, fiddle, harpsichord, celeste, banjo, acoustic guitar and tin whistles the album has all the right credentials for a Celtic folk recording.
Matrix, Runout: POCE-1243. Mastering SID Code: IFPI LT46. Mould SID Code: IFPI AC010. Rights Society: JASRAC.
Album Name Happy to Meet, Sorry to Part. 版公司 Atco Edsel Records. 10. Dance to Yer Daddy. 11. Scalloway Ripoff. 12. The Musical Priest. Other productions from Horslips. Short Stories - Tall Tales.
Get the Tempo of the tracks from Happy To Meet, Sorry To Part (1972) by Horslips. This album has an average beat per minute of 131 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 95/190 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist Happy to Meet, Sorry to Part.
A new version of Last. Happy To Meet, Sorry To Part. Overview (current section).
Features Song Lyrics for Horslips's Happy to Meet, Sorry to Part album. Dance to Yer Daddy Lyrics. Horslips Lyrics provided by SongLyrics.
Happy to Meet, Sorry to Part. Happy to Meet, Sorry to Part Tracklist. 2. Hall Of Mirrors Lyrics. About Happy to Meet, Sorry to Part. Happy to Meet, Sorry to Part Q&A. More Horslips albums. Show all albums by Horslips.
|1||Happy To Meet|
|2||Hall Of Mirrors|
|3||The Clergy's Lamentation|
|4||An Bratach Bán|
|5||The Shamrock Shore|
|6||Flower Amang Them All|
|7||Bím Istigh Ag Ól|
|9||Ace And Deuce|
|10||Dance To Yer Daddy|
|12||The Musical Priest|
|13||Sorry To Part|
- Recorded At – Rolling Stones Mobile
- Mixed At – Olympic Studios
- Marketed By – Demon-Westside
- Remastered At – Abbey Road Studios
- Glass Mastered At – Disctronics S
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Horslips
- Copyright (c) – Horslips
- Artwork – Chris Ellis
- Bass Guitar, Vocals, Composed By, Arranged By – Barry Devlin
- Drums, Bodhrán, Composed By, Arranged By – Eamon Carr
- Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Composed By, Arranged By – Johnny Fean*
- Fiddle [Electric And Acoustic], Mandolin [Electric And Acoustic], Concertina, Vocals, Composed By, Arranged By, Sleeve [design] – Charles O'Connor
- Keyboards, Percussion, Flute [Concert], Whistle [generation], Vocals, Composed By, Arranged By – Jim Lockhart
- Photography – Ian Finlay
- Producer – Alan O'Duffy, Horslips
- Remastered By – Horslips, Peter Mew
NotesJewel case with 8 page booklet.
Re-mastered at Abbey Road Studios by Peter Mew & Horslips from the original tapes.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 740155166120
- Matrix / Runout: S EDCD 661 02 DISCTRONICS
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L391
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 8708
|MOO 3||Horslips||Happy To Meet...Sorry To Part (LP, Album)||Oats||MOO 3||Ireland||1972|
|ATL 50019||Horslips||Happy To Meet...Sorry To Part (LP, Album)||Atlantic||ATL 50019||France||1973|
|WOU 7030||Horslips||Happy To Meet...Sorry To Part (CD, Album, RE)||Wounded Bird Records||WOU 7030||US||2008|
|none||Horslips||Happy To Meet...Sorry To Part (LP, Album, RE, TP, W/Lbl)||Not On Label||none||UK||Unknown|
|MOOCD 003||Horslips||Happy To Meet - Sorry To Part (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Outlet||MOOCD 003||UK & Ireland||1989|