Will Power is the eighth album by Joe Jackson. Released in 1987, it is his first experiment with classical music, continued in later albums including Night Music, Heaven and Hell, and Symphony No. 1. All songs written, orchestrated and produced by Joe Jackson. Pat Rebillot - piano. Vinnie Zummo - guitar. Anthony Jackson - bass guitar (on "Solitude"). Neil Jason - bass guitar (on "Will Power").
Will Power" was originally written as "Overture For Two Pianos" for Katia and Marielle Labeque. Solitude" contains a quotation of two lines from "Solitude" by Eddie De Lange and Irving Mills. Symphony In One Movement" is a rewritten version of the orchestral score commissioned by The Daei Corporation for the film "Shijin No Ie" ("House Of The Poet"), which was shown at the Expo '85 Science Exposition in Tsukuba, Japan. Published by Pokazuka Limited & administered in the . . Sticker with title "Will Power The Instrumental Album" Includes color printed inner sleeve. Pressed on translucent black vinyl.
Nom du groupe Joe Jackson. Nom de l'album Will Power. Date de parution 1987. Labels Universal Music Group A And M Records. Style MusicalPop Rock. Membres possèdant cet album0. 5. Symphony in One Movement. Autres productions de Joe Jackson.
David Ian "Joe" Jackson (born 11 August 1954) is an English musician and singer-songwriter. Having spent years of studying music and playing clubs, Jackson scored a hit with his first release, "Is She Really Going Out with Him?", in 1979. This was followed by a number of new wave singles before he moved to more jazz-inflected pop music and had a Top 10 hit in 1982 with "Steppin' Out". He has also composed classical music. He has recorded 19 studio albums and received 5 Grammy Award nominations.
Album by Joe Jackson. MusicBrainz: Will Power. this site: Will Power. Albums by Joe Jackson.
Is Will Power the best album by Joe Jackson? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. This album At A Glance. Will Power by Joe Jackson (1987) Overall rank: 19,149th. Accolades: Top albums of 1987 ( 264th ). Top albums of the 1980s ( 2,676th ). Best albums of all time ( 19,149th ).
Will Power" is definitive Joe Jackson, who has never confined himself to any genre, yet has done so many so well. The result of his "classical" approach was no different. Joe Jackson's voice figuratively comes through as loud and clear in this recording as in any other of his recordings. An almost entirely lyricless recording- there is a smattering of symphonic choral accompaniments at moments that breaks out of powerful classical arrangments . Not everyone will appreciate this album. Fans of both Joe Jackson and classical music will likely love it. It still stands up today, and probably will well into the future (assuming that someone makes more copies).
|B2||Symphony In One Movement|
- Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – Chris Hunter
- Bassoon – John Campo
- Cello – Alla Goldberg, Charles McCracken, Diane Barrere*, Fred Zlotkin, Jacqueline Mullen, Jean Leblanc*, Richard Locker, Seymour Barab, Warren Lash
- Clarinet, Bass Clarinet – Charles Russo, Dave Tofani, Ray Beckenstein, Roger Rosenberg
- Conductor – George Manahan
- Double Bass – Homer Mensch, John Beal, John Miller , Joe Tamosaitis*
- Drums – Gary Burke
- Flute, Piccolo Flute – Andrew Lolya, Laura Conwesser, Michael Parloff
- French Horn – Donald Corrado, Jerry Peel, John Clark , Paul Ingraham
- Guitar – Vinnie Zummo
- Mixed By – Michael Frondelli, Paul Goodman
- Oboe – Henry Schuman
- Percussion – Dave Carey*, David Friedman, Sue Evans
- Piano – Pat Rebillot (tracks: A1 to A3, B2)
- Synthesizer, Programmed By, Sampler, Sequenced By, Electric Piano – Ed Roynesdal
- Trombone – Dave Taylor*, Tom Malone
- Trumpet – Mel Davis, Michael Morreale
- Viola – Carol Landon, Harry Zaratzian, Jean Dane*, Julien Barber, Lamar Alsop, Maureen Gallagher, Sol Greitzer, Sue Pray, Ted Israel*
- Violin – Al Rogers*, Arnold Eidus, Barry Finclair, Charles Libove, David Davis , Gerald Tarack, Jan Mullen, Jean Ingraham, John Pintavalle, Joseph Rabushka, Lew Eley*, Louanne Montesi*, Marilyn Wright, Marin Alsop, Marti Sweet, Masako Yanagita, Matthew Raimondi, Regis Iandiorio, Richard Henrickson, Richard Sortomme
- Violin, Concertmaster, Contractor – David Nadien
- Written-By, Producer, Orchestrated By, Mixed By, Keyboards, Percussion – Joe Jackson
Notesvery rare casssette
|SP-3908||Joe Jackson||Will Power (LP, Album, Tra)||A&M Records||SP-3908||US||1987|
|SP-3908||Joe Jackson||Will Power (LP, Album, TP)||A&M Records||SP-3908||US||1987|
|393908-1||Joe Jackson||Will Power (LP, Album)||A&M Records||393908-1||Germany||1987|
|393 908-1||Joe Jackson||Will Power (LP, Album)||A&M Records||393 908-1||Spain||1987|
|393904-4||Joe Jackson||Will Power (Cass, Album)||A&M Records||393904-4||Greece||1987|