13 Songs, 58 Minutes. Released: 12 Oct 2010. More By Barbara Blue.
Memphis’ Barbara Blue has stayed close to home for this album which was recorded at Royal Studios, produced by Lawrence ‘Boo’ Mitchell and features songs mainly taken from Memphis writers past and present, with Barbara having a hand in five of the songs. As one might expect from the recording location, the album covers a wide range of styles including soul, rock and roll and country. The sub-title of the album, Sweet, Strong And Tight brings back the horns for a barnstorming tune written by Barbara on her own in which she explains what she can bring to a relationship and Bobby Rush plays the main solo. Another classic Memphis artist was Ann Peebles and one of her best known songs is covered here.
When Sunny Gets Blue (Album Version). All You've Got. 4:24. From The Delta To The Golden Gates.
BARBARA BLUE is a jazz related blues music artist. Singer/songwriter Barbara Blue belts the blues on record and at clubs and festivals all around the world. Performing gritty urban blues and smoky Memphis soul her voice and presentation has been compared to Etta James and Janis Joplin. Blue makes her home base on historic Beale Street in Memphis where she performs five nights a week.
The Reigning Queen Of Beale Street. Live from Mevo Royal Radio Memphis.
Blue, also referred to as The Blue Album, is a 1970s studio album released in 2006 on Motown Records by American singer Diana Ross. Recorded in late 1971 and early 1972, the album was originally conceived as a follow-up to her Lady Sings the Blues soundtrack. Berry Gordy and Motown subsequently decided to shelve the album, and Ross's next release was the "Touch Me in the Morning" single and album.
Artist: Barbara Blue Album: Jus' Blue Genre: Blues, Blues Rock, Soul Label: BIG Blues Records Released: 2012 Quality: FLAC (tracks+. cue) Tracklist: 01. Sweet Love Blues 05:00 02. No No Baby 03:00 03. What To Do 05:28 04. Road Blues 04:08 05. Sell My Jewelry 03:22 06. From The Delta To The Golden Gates 04:24 07.
|3||If I Could Reach Out||5:02|
|4||Back For A Taste Of Your Love||3:38|
|5||You're So Fine||3:40|
|7||All You've Got||5:00|
|8||Turn Me On||4:08|
|10||8 Men & 4 Women||5:27|
|12||Going Back To Iuka||5:16|
|13||Let's Stay Together||3:56|
- Recorded At – Royal Recording Studios, Memphis
- Backing Vocals – Daunielle "Pie" Hill, Jackie Johnson
- Baritone Saxophone – Jim Spake
- Guitar – Josh Roberts (tracks: 11), Preston Shannon (tracks: 9)
- Harmonica – Brandon Bailey (tracks: 11, 12), Robert "Nighthawk" Tooms (tracks: 7, 11)
- Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar – Skip Pitts*
- Organ [Hammond B3], Piano [Acoustic Piano], Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes] – Lester Snell
- Piano – Lester Snell (tracks: 13)
- Slide Guitar – Josh Roberts (tracks: 12)
- Tambourine – Barbara Blue (tracks: 4)
- Tenor Saxophone – Gary Topper, Lannie McMillan
- Trumpet – Marc Franklin
- Vibraslap – Barbara Blue (tracks: 1)
- Washboard [Electric Washboard] – Cody Dickenson* (tracks: 2)
|883507091029||Barbara Blue||Royal Blue (CD, Album)||BIG Blue Records||883507091029||US||2010|