Suzanne Vega is the self-titled debut album by Suzanne Vega. It was well-received by music journalists in the . and reached platinum status in the United Kingdom. Produced by Lenny Kaye and Steve Addabbo, the songs feature Vega's acoustic guitar in straightforward arrangements. A video was released for the album's song "Marlene on the Wall", which went into MTV and VH1's rotations.
3. Marlene on the Wall. 5. 9. ° F. 6. Small Blue Thing. 7. Blood Makes Noise. Retrospective: the Best of Suzanne Vega. Compilation, 2003, Universal Music Group, A And M Records, Interscope Records. 2. Tom's Diner - (from "Tom's Diner", with DNA). 3.
Check out Suzanne live! 06/07/19Oulu FinlandClub Teatria Oulu Finland. 06/08/19Hämeenlinna FIAulanko Areena. 06/10/19Aabenraa DenmarkGazzvaerket. 06/12/19Madrid ESAmericana Music Madrid. 06/13/19Braga PortugalGRANDE AUDITÓRIO – ALTICE FORUM BRAGA. 06/14/19BilbaoBBK Music Legends Fest. Suzanne Performs Solitude Standing on World Cafe on NPR. Solitude standing & 9. F anniversary tour. Management Michael Hausman Artist Management. Press US, Canada - Aliza Rabinoff. Booking US, Canada - The Windish Agency Worldwide - Solo Music Agency.
Suzanne Vega – Suzanne Vega. Label: A&M Records – 395 072-1. Format: Vinyl, LP, Album. Photography By – Matthew Vega. Producer – Lenny Kaye. Producer, Engineer – Steve Addabbo. Roth (tracks: A1 to A5, B4). Notes. Recorded and mixed at Celestial Sound Studios, New York City (Jan. - Mar.
Like Cohen, Vega observes the world in poetic metaphor, her cold urban landscapes reflecting a troubled sense of love and loss. The key track is "Small Blue Thing," in which the singer pictures herself as an object "Like a marble/or an eye," "made of china/made of glass," "lost inside your pocket," and "turning in your hand.
Перевод текста песни исполнителя (группы) Suzanne Vega.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Bass [Vertical] – Paul Dugan
|A3||Marlene On The Wall||3:37|
|A4||Small Blue Thing||3:53|
Arranged By [Strings] – Peter GordonCello – Maxine NeumanGuitar [Synclavier] – John MahoneyViolin – Shem Guibbory
Arranged By, Co-producer – Steven MillerPercussion – Roger SquiteroSynthesizer – Mark IshamViolin [Electric] – Darol Anger
|B3||The Queen And The Soldier
Acoustic Guitar [12-string] – Steve AddabboPiano, Organ – C.P. Roth*
Guitar [Electric Slide Guitar] – Frank Christian
- Copyright (c) – A&M Records, Inc.
- Pressed By – RCA Records Pressing Plant, Indianapolis
- Recorded At – Celestial Sound Studios, New York, NY
- Recorded At – Carnegie Hill Studios
- Recorded At – Sorcerer Sound
- Mixed At – Celestial Sound Studios, New York, NY
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Mastered At – Europadisk
- Acoustic Guitar – Frank Christian (tracks: A2, B4)
- Backing Vocals – Steve Addabbo (tracks: A4, A5, B2)
- Bass – Frank Gravis (tracks: A3, A5, B5), Paul Dugan (tracks: A1, A4, B1, B3, B4)
- Design – Corey & Company
- Drums – Sue Evans (tracks: A3, A5, B1, B5)
- Edited By [Digital Editing] – Rhonda Schoen
- Electric Guitar – Jon Gordon (tracks: A1 to A5)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Geoff Keehn, Kurt Upper, Larry Decarmine
- Executive-Producer – Ronald K. Fierstein
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi
- Percussion – Sue Evans (tracks: A4, B5)
- Photography By [Cover] – Charles Reilly
- Photography By [Sleeve] – Matthew Vega
- Producer – Lenny Kaye
- Producer, Engineer – Steve Addabbo
- Songwriter, Acoustic Guitar, Vocals – Suzanne Vega
- Synthesizer – C.P. Roth* (tracks: A1 to A5, B4)
NotesPressed on translucent vinyl.
Mastering by Greg Calbi at Sterling Sound indicated by "⚾" etched in side B run out.
RCA Records Pressing Plant, Indianapolis pressing indicated by 1" press ring, "R" printed on labels and "ɪ" stamped in side A run out.
Mastering [plate work] at Europadisk indicated by EDP (in oval) stamped in run outs.
Catalog number on inner label: SP-6-5072
Catalog number on spine: SP6-5072
Note: Some covers are gold stamped as promotional.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 7502-15072-1
- Barcode (Scanned): 075021507210
- Matrix / Runout (Run out, side A / etched [except EDP, ɪ, A1 and STERLING]): SPO 6 5072 A E̶̷U̶̷R̶̷ 6 EDP M1 ɪ A1 D STERLING
- Matrix / Runout (Run out, side A / etched [except A1, EDP and STERLING]): SPO65072-B-EUR 1 A1 F EDP FREEDOM M1 SF1 SM1 ⚾ STERLING
- Other (Pressing plant code on labels): R
|CDA 5072||Suzanne Vega||Suzanne Vega (CD, Album)||A&M Records||CDA 5072||UK||1985|
|CS-5072||Suzanne Vega||Suzanne Vega (Cass, Album, CrO)||A&M Records||CS-5072||Canada||1985|
|PCCY-10103||Suzanne Vega||Suzanne Vega (CD, Album, RE)||A&M Records||PCCY-10103||Japan||1990|
|SP-5072, VPLP 006||Suzanne Vega||Suzanne Vega (LP, Album, Ltd, RE, 180)||A&M Records, Vivante Productions, Speakers Corner Records||SP-5072, VPLP 006||UK, Europe & US||2000|
|SP6-5072, SP-6-5072||Suzanne Vega||Suzanne Vega (LP, Album, Ele)||A&M Records, A&M Records||SP6-5072, SP-6-5072||US||1985|