Artwork is the fourth studio album by American rock band The Used, released through Reprise in the United States and the UK on August 31, 2009. The Used began writing for Artwork in early 2008, and originally hoped to enter the studio shortly after Kevin Lyman's 2008 "Get a Life Tour" with Weezer front-man Rivers Cuomo as producer of the album. The Used expressed their interest in the raw sound found on Weezer's 1996 album Pinkerton, and hoped to create a similar sound by working with Cuomo.
Just better Contents. 1 Writing and recording.
The discography of The Used, an American rock band, consists of seven studio albums, two live albums, one compilation album, three extended plays, one demo, three video albums, twenty-one singles and twenty-two music videos. After releasing their eponymous debut album in 2002, The Used become one of the leaders of their era and have enjoyed much success with many of their albums being certified gold and platinum by the RIAA and selling over 10 million albums combined worldwide.
Published by The Used Movement Music/EMI Blackwood Music Inc. BMI. Recorded at The Lair Studio, Los Angeles, CA; NRG Studios, North Hollywood, CA Additional recording at Sage and Sound Studios, Hollywood, CA; Signature Sound, San Diego, CA; The Village, Los Angeles, CA Mixed at Paramount Studios, Hollywood, CA. Reprise Records, a Warner Music Group company. All recordings ℗ 2009 Reprise Records for the . and WEA International Inc. for the world outside the .
Bert McCracken Quinn Allman Jeph Howard Dan Whitesides. The Used have revealed that Aiden/William Control frontman Wil Francis will appear on a song on the band's forthcoming new album, 'Vulnerable', which is out March 2012. 4. Put Me Out 5. Shine 6. Now That You're Dead 7. Give Me Love 8. Moving On 9. Getting Over You 10. Kiss It Goodbye.
Released date 31 August 2009. Labels Reprise Records. Members owning this album6. 1. Blood on My Hands. 2. Empty with You. 3. Born to Quit. Kissing You Goodbye.
All lyrics from Artwork album, popular The Used songs with tracklist and information about album. The Used "Artwork" (2009) album. Blood On My Hands Lyrics. Empty With You Lyrics.
In 2002 The Used exploded with their self-titled album and continued to make fast and slow almost ambient songs that mix pop as well as metal into their arrangements. They continued this with 2004's emotional In Love and Death. 2007 marked a bump in the bands creativity though. Lies For the Liars featured a bunch of fast paced songs along with singer Bert McCracken attempting to be more brutal than ever. Blood On My Hands" is the perfect opener to Artwork, as it serves much like Thrice's "Image of the Invisible" for their Vheissu album. The song is the only one that could be greatly compared to the bands past material that was heavier.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|CD-1||Blood On My Hands
Guest [Vocals] – "Killer" Dayton Killian*, Jed Bleeker, Joseph McCracken
|CD-2||Empty With You||3:24|
|CD-3||Born To Quit||3:34|
|CD-4||Kissing You Goodbye||4:09|
|CD-5||Sold My Soul||4:12|
|CD-7||On The Cross||3:07|
|CD-9||Meant To Die
Vocals [Screams] – Joseph McCracken
|CD-10||The Best Of Me||4:29|
|CD-11||Men Are All The Same||5:54|
|DVD-1||Exclusive Interviews Plus Footage Of 'The Making Of' Artwork
Executive-Producer – Devin Sarno Film Producer, Film Director, Film Editor – Nate Weaver
- Record Company – Warner Music Group
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Reprise Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA International Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Reprise Records
- Copyright (c) – WEA International Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Warner Bros. Records
- Recorded At – The Lair
- Recorded At – NRG Studios
- Recorded At – Sage & Sound
- Recorded At – Signature Sound
- Recorded At – The Village
- Mixed At – Paramount Recording Studios
- Manufactured By – Cinram, Olyphant, PA – Y26016
- A&R – Craig Aaronson
- Artwork [Handwriting], Artwork [Drawings] – Bert McCracken
- Bass – Jeph Howard
- Booking [International] – Marlene Tsuchii
- Booking [North Ameerica] – Darryl Eaton, Ryan Harlacher
- Coordinator [A&R] – Tim Carhart
- Creative Director, Design – Frank Maddocks
- Design [Cover Photo Designed In Collaboration With], Artwork [Featuring "Art Needle"] – Edward Colver*
- Drums – Dan Whitesides
- Edited By [Pro Tools Engineer] – Bill Appleberry (tracks: CD-1 to CD-11)
- Guitar – Quinn Allman
- Legal [Affairs] – Eric Greenspan, Myman Abell Fineman Fox Greenspan Light*
- Management – Monotone Inc.*
- Management [Business] – David Weise, David Weise & Associates
- Mastered By – Ted Jensen (tracks: CD-1 to CD-11)
- Mixed By – Neal Avron (tracks: CD-1 to CD-11)
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Nicholas Fournier* (tracks: CD-1 to CD-11)
- Photography By [Band], Artwork [Page 5] – Bau-Da Design Lab, Inc.*, Paul Brown*
- Photography By [Cover, Assistant] – Aaron Grossman, Ed Colver
- Photography By [Cover] – Frank Maddocks
- Photography By [Pages 6, 8, 11, 13 and 16] – Quinn Allman
- Producer, Engineer – Matt Squire (tracks: CD-1 to CD-11)
- Vocals [Additional] – Dan Whitesides, Jeph Howard, Quinn Allman
- Vocals, Piano – Bert McCracken
NotesBack: Reprise Records, a Warner Music Group company.
© ℗ 2009 Reprise Records for the U.S. and WEA International Inc. for the world outside the U.S.
Manufactured in U.S.A.
Booklet: ℗ 2009 Reprise Records. Made in U.S.A.
Video: ©2009 Warner Bros. Records.
Recorded The Lair Studio, Los Angeles, CA; NRG Studio, North Hollywood, CA
Additional recording at Sage and Sound Studio, Hollywood, CA; Signature Sound, San Diego, CA; The Village, Los Angeles, CA
Mixed at Paramount Studios, Hollywood, CA
Legal affairs for Myman Abell Fineman Fox Greenspan Light.
Business management for David Weise & Associates.
Comes in a three-panel Digipak, limited to 3,000 copies.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (String): 093624976264
- Barcode (Text): 0 9362-49762-6 4
- Mastering SID Code (CD): ifpi L902
- Mastering SID Code (CD,Inner Ring): ifpi L912
- Mastering SID Code (DVD): IFPI L987
- Mould SID Code (CD): IFPI 2U3Q
- Mould SID Code (DVD): IFPI 2UO6
- Mould SID Code (DVD, Inner Ring): IFPI 2UV8
- Matrix / Runout (CD): Y26016 1 519292-2 TEXT 01 M1S4
- Matrix / Runout (DVD): 1 519491V2.1.A VB01
|519292-1||The Used||Artwork (LP, Album)||Reprise Records||519292-1||US||2009|
|9362-49752-2||The Used||Artwork (CD, Album + DVD-V, Multichannel, NTSC, Dol)||Reprise Records||9362-49752-2||UK||2009|
|519292-1||The Used||Artwork (LP, Album, TP)||Reprise Records||519292-1||US||2009|
|519904-2||The Used||Artwork (CD, Album, Lim + DVD-V)||Reprise Records||519904-2||US||2009|
|9362497522||The Used||Artwork (CD, Album + DVD-V, Multichannel, NTSC, Dol)||Reprise Records||9362497522||Australia||2009|