Playing organ and keyboards in the MG's, one the greatest R&B and soul bands in the history of pop music, Booker T. Jones was no stranger to the pop world when he recorded Evergreen in 1974. As part of the MG's, he played on innumerable Stax Records sessions backing everyone from Otis Redding to Sam & Dave, and the MG's hit the charts a few times themselves, beginning with the timeless "Green Onions" instrumental in 1962
Booker T. Evergreen (CD, Album, RE). Wounded Bird Records, Wounded Bird Records. WOU 3143, 88725470522. Booker T. Evergreen (LP, Album).
Evergreen (Single Version). 12. Life Is Funky (Single Version). 13. Take Me to the River. & Priscilla Coolidge. 15. A Whiter Shade of Pale. 16. (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher and Higher.
Artist: Booker T. Album: Evergreen Label: Epic Records Catalog S EPC 80397 Format: Vinyl, LP, Album Country: UK Released: 1974 Genre: Pop/Rock, R&B Styles: Blues, Bayou Funk, Southern Soul Duration: 00:39:12. Playing organ and keyboards in the MG's, one the greatest R&B and soul bands in the history of pop music, Booker T.
Evergreen", the album title is a standout track. The B3 sounds magical and the extra depth in the bass from the format makes this a great listening experience. I was going to say that no one plays the B3 like Booker . however there were rumors that Mike Utley ex-member of the legendary Dixie Flyers and now of Jimmy Buffett band fame played lead keyboards on this album (he is listed on the sleeve) - whether this was only on the vocal tracks or the instrumentals is unknown but like. While there was a new album on Anti last year with Neil Young "Potato Hole", the last Booker T and the MGs album was in 1994 with the "That's The Way It Should Be" on Columbia. Booker T and the remaining MGs, Duck Dunn and Steve Cropper, are an important part of our musical heritage and it would be so nice if they recorded together more regularly while they can.
Artist: Booker T, Booker T. Album: Evergreen. Booker T, Booker T. - Country Days Evergreen, 2014 04:52. Booker T - Green Onions U. S. Top 20 - 1962 - October, 2013 02:51.
Download Booker T - Evergreen. Top songs Booker T. Song. 1. Booker T - Let It Go. 256. 04:00. 2. Booker T - All About You. 320. 04:29. 3. Booker T - Mo' Onions. 4. Booker T - I Can't Sit Down. 5. Booker T - Rinky-Dink. 6. Booker T - A Woman, a Lover, a Friend. 7. Booker T - One Who Really Loves You. 02:28. 8. Booker T - Behave Yourself. 9. Booker T - Twist and Shout. 10. Booker T - Gdbd Morning Song (feat. 11. Booker T - Satisfy.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A5||Song For Casey||4:52|
Written-By – Kris Kristofferson
|B4||Front Street Rag
Recorded By – Kurt Kinzel
|B5||Lie To Me||6:00|
- Manufactured By – Epic Records
- Manufactured By – CBS Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Terre Haute
- Printed By – Shorewood Packaging
- Recorded At – Record Plant, Sausalito
- Mastered At – Customatrix
- Mastered At – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Santa Maria
- Bass – Alexander Smith, Bob Glaub, Booker T. Jones
- Congas – Bobbye Hall Porter
- Design, Art Direction – Ron Coro
- Directed By [Direction] – George Daly
- Drums – Jim Keltner, Sammy Creason
- Engineer, Engineer [Remix] – Peter Granet
- Guitar – Booker T. Jones, David T. Walker
- Keyboards – Booker T. Jones, Michael Utley
- Photography By – Jim Marshall
- Producer, Arranged By – Booker T. Jones
- Written-By – Booker T. Jones (tracks: A1 to B2, B4, B5)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Label): AL 33143
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Label): BL 33143
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Runout): o P AL 33143-1B SXT C 11
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Runout): P BL 33143-1A SXT A 6
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|S EPC 80397||Booker T*||Evergreen (LP, Album)||Epic||S EPC 80397||UK||1974|
|SICP 30129||Booker T*||Evergreen (CD, Album, RE, RM, BSC)||Epic||SICP 30129||Japan||2013|
|KE 33143||Booker T*||Evergreen (LP, Album, RE, 180)||Epic||KE 33143||US||Unknown|
|WOU 3143, 88725470522||Booker T*||Evergreen (CD, Album, RE)||Wounded Bird Records, Wounded Bird Records||WOU 3143, 88725470522||US||2013|
|S EPC 80397||Booker T*||Evergreen (LP, Album)||CBS/Sony||S EPC 80397||Singapore||1974|