I Am What I Am is an album by American country music artist George Jones released in 1980 on Epic Records label. It was rereleased on July 4, 2000 with bonus tracks on the Legacy Recordings label.
I Am What I Am. George Jones. I Am What I Am. Initially, he was a hardcore honky tonker in the tradition of Hank Williams, but over the course of his career he developed an affecting, nuanced ballad style. In the course of his career, he never left the top of the country charts, even as he suffered innumerable personal and professional difficulties.
I am. I got everything. Tramp on your street. What i didn't do. Wood and wire. Country Music Hall Of Famer (2000). Accidentally on purpose. I'M The Only Hell Moma Ever Raised (George Jones & Johnny Paychec (1996). The Best Of The Best Of George Jones (1996). The President & The First Lady (1996). George & Tammy Super Hits (1995). Songs From The Heart (1995). You Oughta Be Here With Me (1995).
Album · 2000 · 9 Songs. 2. I Am What I Am (Almighty Anthem Mix). 3. I Am What I Am (Mary Brazzle Mix). 4. I Am What I Am (Man On A Mission Mix). 5. I Am What I Am (Mike Coppock Mix).
I Am What I Am George Jones. Still The Same Ole Me George Jones. Wine Colored Roses George Jones. Old King Kong George Jones. The Window Up Above George Jones. If I Could Hear My Mother Pray Again George Jones. Lonely Christmas Call George Jones. The Race Is On George Jones.
I wanted to get a "best of" type album that includes all his big hits in one place. I am very pleased with this collection, and also enjoyed reading the interview with George and some of the history of the songs in the CD insert. The album is broken down into one decade on each of the three CDs - the 60s, 70s and 80s. Although some of his hits have been left off the collection, it would be impossible to include all of them
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||He Stopped Loving Her Today
Written-By – B. Braddock*, C. Putman*
|A2||I've Aged Twenty Years In Five
Written-By – B. Parrish*, C. Gordon*
|A3||Brother To The Blues
Written-By – E. Rowell*
|A4||If Drinkin' Don't Kill Me (Her Memory Will)
Written-By – H. Sanders*, R. Beresford*
|A5||His Lovin' Her Is Gettin' In My Way
Written-By – W. M. Emerson*
|B1||I'm Not Ready Yet
Written-By – T. T. Hall*
|B2||I'm The One She Missed Him With Today
Written-By – A. L. Owens*
|B3||Good Hearted Women
Written-By – W. Jennings*, W. Nelson*
|B4||A Hard Act To Follow
Written-By – E. Montgomery*, G. Jones*
Written-By – D. Linde*, D. Devaney*
- Manufactured By – Epic Records
- Manufactured By – CBS Inc.
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Recorded At – CBS Studios, Nashville
- Mastered At – Columbia Recording Studios
- Backing Vocals – Millie Kirkham, The Jordanaires
- Bass [Uncredited] – Bob Moore, Bob Wray
- Drums [Uncredited] – Jerry Carrigan
- Engineer – Lou Bradley, Ron Reynolds
- Guitar [Uncredited] – Billy Sanford, Pete Wade, Phil Baugh
- Harmonica [Uncredited] – Charlie McCoy
- Photography By – J. Clark Thomas*
- Piano [Uncredited] – Hargus Robbins
- Producer – Billy Sherrill
- Steel Guitar [Uncredited] – Pete Drake
- Strings [Arranged By] – Bill McElhiney
NotesMastered at Columbia Studios in New York.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side A): AL 36586
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side B): BL 36586
- Matrix / Runout (Side A - stamped): P AL 36586-2B COLUMBIA NY
- Matrix / Runout (Side B - etched): T1 PBL-36586-1-0
- Barcode (Text): 0 7464-36586-1
- Barcode (Scanned): 074643658614
|JE-36586||George Jones||I Am What I Am (LP, Album, Pit)||Epic||JE-36586||US||1980|
|JE 36586||George Jones||I Am What I Am (LP, Album, RE, CX )||Epic||JE 36586||US||Unknown|
|EPC 84627||George Jones||I Am What I Am (LP, Album)||Epic||EPC 84627||UK||1980|
|JET 36586||George Jones||I Am What I Am (Cass, Album, Dol)||Epic||JET 36586||Canada||1980|
|JE 36586||George Jones||I Am What I Am (LP, Album, Ter)||Epic||JE 36586||US||1980|