The Eton Rifles made its way back into Weller's solo set in 2008, much to the delight of Jam fans. All that rugby puts hairs on your chest, What chance have you got against a tie and a crest? But The Eton Rifles came back to haunt Weller in a way he didn’t expect. In a Radio 4 programme in 2008, David Cameron, leader of the Conservative Party and Old Etonian, claimed that The Eton Rifles was his favourite song: I was one, in the corps.
The discography of the British band The Jam consists of 6 studio albums, 5 live albums, 14 compilation albums, 6 videos, 1 tribute album, 3 extended plays, 19 hit singles and 16 re-issues, as well as two B-Sides. The band, who formed in 1972, didn't debut until five years later in 1977, when they released their debut studio album In the City, which entered at place in the UK Albums Chart, and contained the title-track, "In the City"
The "Eton Rifles" are a cadet corps of Eton College, and the song itself is about the rivalry between boys at Eton and the neighboring working class schoolboys. Paul Weller himself attended Sheerwater Comprehensive school, which was located quite close to Eton. Paul Weller wrote this during his first holiday since the ascendancy of The Jam two years earlier. In the summer of 1979 he rented a caravan in the seaside town of Selsey in West Sussex on the southern coast of England. The Jam was a Punk/New Wave band that came out of England in the late '70s
The Jam-The Eton Rifles. Can't play "The Eton Rifles"? Improve your playing via easy step-by-step video lessons! Pauls Overdub-Distortion GuitarTrack difficulty (Rhythm). You'll need a Plus subscription and a desktop browser to print this page.
Recreating the music, the passion and the feel of the UKs N. band. It's all there, not forgetting of course the music itself which is performed to an excellent standard. A must see for any Jam fan, The Eton Rifles are so close to the real thing in terms of energy and style that it's just about as good as it gets! For more information on dates or booking you can send a private message on here or call 07599881419. 12 December 2016 ·. The Eton Rifles LIVE @ the Talbot Hotel 65 Church Street Burnley BB11 2RS. This Saturday,17th December.
Punk-Rock The Jam. 乐队列表 Punk-Rock The Jam The Eton Rifles. Band Name The Jam. Album Name The Eton Rifles.
Released by Universal Music Group Dec 2012. "source":4,"source id":"13895","object type":4,"id":"13895","title":"The Jam","status":0}. The Jam. other song details. Released On : Dec 03, 2012. The Eton Rifles song from the album Classic Album Selection is released on Dec 2012. The duration of song is 03:59. This song is sung by The Jam. ay.
|A||The Eton Rifles|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Polydor Ltd. (UK)
- Copyright (c) – Polydor Ltd. (UK)
- Producer – The Jam, Vic Coppersmith-Heaven
- Written-By – Paul Weller
Notes℗ 1979 Polydor Ltd (UK)
© 1979 Polydor Ltd (UK)
Made in France.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, Stamped variant 1): 603 POY POSP 83 A1 POLYGRAM A7
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, Etched): B ARUN
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, Stamped variant 1): 603 POY POSP 83 B2 DM POLYGRAM A7
- Matrix / Runout (SIde B, Etched): B
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, Stamped - Variant 2): 603 POY POSP 83 A1 POLYGRAM A10
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, Etched - Variant 2): ARUN
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, Stamped - Variant 2): 603 POY POSP 83 B1 POLYGRAM A7
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, Etched - Variant 2): A
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, Stamped - Variant 3): 603 POY POSP 83 A1 POLYGRAM A10
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, Stamped - Variant 3): 603 POY POSP 83 B1 POLYGRAM A7
- Matrix / Runout (Side A etched-variant 3): IJ ARUN
- Matrix / Runout (Side B etched-variant 3): D
|POSP 83, 2059 176||The Jam||The Eton Rifles (7", Single)||Polydor, Polydor||POSP 83, 2059 176||UK||1979|
|DPQ 6177||The Jam||The Eton Rifles (7", Single, Pap)||Polydor||DPQ 6177||Japan||1979|
|PD 2051, 2059 198||The Jam||The Eton Rifles (7", Promo)||Polydor, Polydor||PD 2051, 2059 198||US||1979|
|2059 176||The Jam||Eton Rifles (7")||Polydor||2059 176||Australia||1980|
|2059176||The Jam||The Eton Rifles / See Saw (7")||Polydor||2059176||Italy||1979|