Knuckle Down combines all of the spite, spark, compassion and wordy observation of the DiFranco of old with the kind of constructive hindsight that can only come from years spent blazing your own trail - the knotty title cut ends with DiFranco musing "I think I'm done gunnin to get closer to some imagined bliss/I gotta knuckle down/just be. ok with this" then wistfully replies "'course that star struck girl is already someone I miss. It's a brave opening statement, and one that permeates Knuckle Down throughout.
Knuckle Down is the 14th studio album by singer-songwriter Ani DiFranco. It is the first album that DiFranco has collaborated with a producer; Joe Henry. The record is also her first studio album to feature a string section.
Complete your Ani DiFranco collection. Knuckle Down (CD, Album). Righteous Babe Records. Knuckle Down (2xLP, Album, Gat).
Album · 2005 · 12 Songs. Ani DiFranco & Tom Morello) - Single. Play God (Live from Red Rocks) - Single.
All of these songs sound like her - from any era or any album of her career. Her presence is too recognizable to be disguised by production or gimmickry. 80. The results are a selection of high quality that veers between brightly spirited ("Manhole," "Lag Time") and somber ("Callous").
But it’s her new record, Knuckle Down, that’s truly a return to form. It’s also the first time in a decade that she’s invited another musician to co-produce alongside her. The lucky guy is Joe Henry, a veteran singer-songwriter in his own right, and the pairing seems to be the shot in the arm DiFranco desperately needed. For an artist who has forever been inextricably bound to her fans, it feels like DiFranco is pleading with them (as well as cranky critics like me) for the first time on Minerva : You want me to tell you a story/But I am weary/Of entertainin. here’s no me/Left for me. But the opposite is true-she seems to have let her guard down in the studio as well as in her personal life, and Knuckle Down is at once new and familiar, like an old friend who’s changed but hasn’t.
Features Song Lyrics for Ani Difranco's Knuckle Down album. Ani Difranco - Knuckle Down Album Lyrics. Ani Difranco Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. Do you like this album?
|6||Seeing Eye Dog||4:02|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Righteous Babe Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Righteous Babe Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Righteous Babe Music
- Recorded At – The Sound Factory
- Marketed By – Righteous Babe Records, Inc.
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Manufactured By – DOCdata Germany
- Bass – Todd Sickafoose
- Design – Ani*, Brian Grunert
- Drums, Percussion – Jay Bellerose
- Electric Guitar – Tony Scherr (tracks: 4, 8, 10, 12)
- Engineer [Engineer Ing Assistance] – Jason Mott
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi
- Melodica – Julie Wolf (tracks: 11)
- Organ [Wurlitzer] – Todd Sickafoose (tracks: 3)
- Photography By [Hand Shots] – Eric Frick
- Photography By [Head Shots] – Danny Clinch
- Piano, Instruments [Chamberlin, Sampler] – Patrick Warren
- Producer – Ani*, Joe Henry
- Recorded By, Mixed By – S. Husky Hoskulds
- Violin, Glockenspiel, Sounds [Whistling] – Andrew Bird (tracks: 2, 3, 7, 9, 12)
- Voice – Niki Haris (tracks: 10), Noe Venable (tracks: 2, 3, 10)
- Voice, Guitar – Ani*
NotesDouble gatefold digipack with lyric booklet.
Dedicated to the memory of Dante Americo DeFranco
© 2005 Righteous Babe Music/BMI
℗&© Righteous Babe Records, Inc.
Made in the EU
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 0600311 24224
- Matrix / Runout: RBR 042-P DOCdata [logo] Germany
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LL88
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 5227
- Rights Society: BMI
|RBR 042-D||Ani DiFranco||Knuckle Down (CD, Album)||Righteous Babe Records||RBR 042-D||US||2005|
|PRO20421||Ani DiFranco||Knuckle Down (CD, Album, Promo)||Righteous Babe Records||PRO20421||Europe||2005|
|VICP-63040||Ani DiFranco||Knuckle Down (CD, Album, Promo)||Victor||VICP-63040||Japan||2005|
|RBR042-D||Ani DiFranco||Knuckle Down (CD, Album)||Righteous Babe Records||RBR042-D||Australia||2005|
|PRO20421||Ani DiFranco||Knuckle Down (CD, Album, Promo, Adv)||Righteous Babe Records||PRO20421||US||2005|