Hedningarna is the eponymous first album by the Swedish band Hedningarna. It was released in 1989, when Hedningarna was still a trio. Unlike the other albums, the debut does not include amplified instruments and rhythm loops and is played entirely acoustic. Even so, the band still creates a very powerful rhythmic sound
Hedningarna (The Heathens) is a Swedish and, for some years partly Finnish, folk music band that mixes electronics and rock with elements from old Scandinavian folk music. Their music features Yoik or juoiggus, a traditional Sami form of song. Hållbus Totte Mattson, Anders Stake and Björn Tollin formed Hedningarna in 1987. Hedning is Swedish for heathen, while ar is the plural suffix, and na is the definite article (thus hedningar ‘heathens’, hedningarna ‘the heathens’)
The first Hedningarna album, featuring the core trio playing a motley lot of instruments. The two-track recording, made in 1989, sounds a fraction muddy, though ultimately listenable. Much of the music builds swirling string figures over various framed drum rhythms (some of them quite complex), with dynamics slipping and sliding as they go. Unlike later Hedningarna releases, this one has a rough, raw - and very sensual - dynamic to it.
Hedningarna ("The Heathens" in English) is a Swedish band that brings ancient Nordic music into the modern era. Their world is a place where primitive, brutal folk music collides with sampling and programming. The band was founded by Anders Norudde, Hållbus Totte Mattsson, and Björn Tollin in 1987.
Hedningarna (The Heathens) is a Swedish and, for some years partly Finnish, folk music band that mixes electronics and rock with elements from old Scandinavian folk music. Hedning is Swedish for heathen, while ar is the plural suffix, and na is the definite article (thus 'Hedningar' 'Heathens' and 'Hedningarna' 'The Heathens').
Hedningarna celebrate 25 years of drones! With Primitive folkinstruments and modern technology w. .Hedningarna har en speciell plats i både svenskt och utländskt musikliv. lt;/br NWT pratar elektronisk getmage, shamantechno och Status Quo med Anders Norudde.
Hedningarna is the eponymous first album by the Swedish band Hedningarna. Even so, the band still creates a very powerful rhythmic sound. Using various instruments, such as hurdy-gurdies, moraharpas, bagpipes and fiddles, the album proves Hedningarnas ability to mix old and new styles, and the album honors the old Scandinavian musical traditions, while managing to combine these with more modern sounds.
|4||Vem Är Jag||4:26|
|6||Mycket Vill Ha Mera||2:34|
|13||Men Va Fanken||3:45|
- Recorded At – Decibel Studios
- Mixed At – Decibel Studios
- Pressed By – Optimal Media GmbH – AC68792
- Arranged By – Hedningarna
- Band, Hurdy Gurdy, Dulcimer [Hurdy-Gurdy Dulcimer], Lute [Mandora], Fiddle [Moraoud], Accordion, Vocals – Hållbus Totte Mattsson
- Band, Violin [Octave Violin], Fiddle [Octave Mora-Fiddle], Drums, Percussion, Slagbordun, Tambourine, Vocals – Samuel Andersson
- Band, Violin, Fiddle [Mora-Fiddle], Nyckelharpa [Moraharpa], Bagpipes [Swedish Bagpipe], Flute [Willow-Flute], Flute [Wooden-Flutes], Jew's Harp, Sounds [Coffee Grinder], Vocals – Anders Norudde
- Design [Logotype] – Kerstin Ahlberg
- Graphics, Design – Marina Mattsson
- Guest – Philemon Arthur & The Dung (tracks: 14)
- Guest, Percussion – Valter Kinbom (tracks: 5, 8, 10, 11)
- Producer – Dag Lundquist, Hedningarna
NotesReleased in digipak with 8-page booklet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 393210 000988
- Barcode (Scanned): 7393210000988
- Matrix / Runout: manufactured by optimal media GmbH AC68792-01
- Mastering SID Code: iƒpi L574
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 9713