You Don't Bring Me Flowers is Neil Diamond's twelfth studio album. Produced by Bob Gaudio. Neil Diamond - vocals, possible guitar. The Neil Diamond Band: Dennis St. John - Drums. Richard Bennett - Acoustic and Electric Guitars.
You Don't Bring Me Flowers" is a song that hit the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1978. It is a song about two lovers who have drifted apart while they "go through the motions" and heartache of life together. The song was written by Neil Diamond with Alan and Marilyn Bergman for the ill-fated daily TV sitcom All That Glitters. The song was intended to be the theme song, but Norman Lear, the show's creator, changed the concept of the show and the song was no longer appropriate.
Featuring Barbra Streisand. Album I’m Glad You’re Here With Me Tonight. You Don’t Bring Me Flowers Lyrics. It used to be so natural To talk about forever But 'used to be's' don't count anymore They just lay on the floor 'Til we sweep them away. And baby, I remember All the things you taught me I learned how to laugh And I learned how to cry Well I learned how to love Even learned how to lie. You'd think I could learn How to tell you goodbye 'Cause you don't bring me flowers Anymore. Well, you'd think I could learn How to tell you goodbye 'Cause you don't bring me flowers Anymore.
Neil Diamond with Barbara Streisand – You Don t Bring Me Flowers. Chart Collective – You Don't Bring Me Flowers (Originall. :43. Neil Diamond – You Don't Bring Me Flowers. Barbra Streisand – You Don t Bring Me Flowers feat Neil Diamond. Paris Music – You Don't Bring Me Flowers (Originall. :17. Neil Diamond – You Don t Bring Me Flowers. Neil Diamond & Barbra Streisand – You Don t Bring Me Flowers. Neil Diamond with Barbra Streisand – 21-You Don t Bring Me Flowers (Альбом. :15. Neil Diamond, Barbra Streisand – You Don't Bring Me Flowers.
Neil Diamond spoke to Mojo magazine July 2008 about this song: "This song was actually written for a television show that was to be produced by Norman Lear, All That Glitters. The premise of the show was that the roles of men and women were juxtaposed: the men stayed home with the babies and did the housework, and the women went out to work. The official duet version of this song was included on Neil Diamond's 1978 album You Don't Bring Me Flowers and released as a single, going to in the US for two weeks in December. Bob Gaudio, who was a primary songwriter and producer for his group The Four Seasons, was given the daunting task of producing the track.
Neil Diamond With Barbra Streisand - You Don't Bring Me Flowers Album. Artist: Neil Diamond with Barbra Streisand. Send "Neil Diamond With Barbra Streisand" Ringtones to your Cell. Album: You Don't Bring Me Flowers. 0. 1. You Don't Bring Me Flowers.
Neil Diamond - the voice, the artist, the entertainer - is best described through this record as a rhapsody of American pop culture during this period in the late '70s. Directly and appropriately, Diamond sings with sincerity that "the American popular song goes o. Perhaps this record best demonstrates a mission statement of creating an endearing work of music that all Americans can feel happy and satisfied with.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||The American Popular Song
Written-By – T. Hensley*
|A2||Forever In Blue Jeans
Written-By – R. Bennett*
|A4||You've Got Your Troubles
Written-By – R. Cook*, R. Greenaway*
|A5||You Don't Bring Me Flowers
Vocals [Duet With] – Barbra StreisandWritten-By – A. Bergman*, M. Bergman*
|B1||The Dancing Bumble Bee / Bumble Boogie
Written-By – J. Fina*
|B2||Mothers And Daughters, Fathers And Sons
Written-By – B. Gaudio*, J. Parker*
- Recorded At – Cherokee Studios
- Recorded At – Sunset Sound
- Recorded At – A&M Studios
- Recorded At – Indigo Ranch Studios
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar – Richard Bennett
- Arranged By [Vocals] – Bob Gaudio
- Art Direction, Design – David Kirschner
- Backing Vocals – Doug Rhone, Gene Morford, H.L. Voelker, Jon Joyce, Julia Tillman Waters, Maxine Willard Waters, Ron Hicklin, Tom Bahler, Venetta Fields
- Bass – Reinie Press
- Concertmaster – Sid Sharp*
- Conductor, Arranged By [Orchestra] – Alan Lindgren (tracks: A3 to B1, B5), Tom Hensley (tracks: A1, A2, B2)
- Coordinator [Production] – Beatrice E. Marks*
- Drums – Dennis St. John
- Engineer – Rick Ruggieri, Ron Hitchcock
- Engineer [Assistant] – Andy Bloch, Corey Bailey, Dennis Hansen, Ellis Sorkin, Cheech D'Amico*, Tony D'Amico
- Engineer [Recording Engineer Supervisor, Mixing] – Bill Schnee
- Guitar – Doug Rhone
- Mastered By – Doug Sax
- Percussion – King Errisson, Vince Charles
- Photography By – Tom Bert
- Piano, Keyboards – Tom Hensley
- Piano, Synthesizer – Alan Lindgren
- Producer [Assistant] – Alison Zanetos
- Producer, Arranged By [Vocals] – Bob Gaudio
- Typography [Lettering] – Bob Maile
- Vocals – Linda Press
- Written-By – N. Diamond* (tracks: A1 to A3, A5, B1, B3 to B5)
|CBS 86077, 86077||Neil Diamond||You Don't Bring Me Flowers (LP, Album)||CBS, CBS||CBS 86077, 86077||UK||1978|
|SBP 237233||Neil Diamond||You Don't Bring Me Flowers (LP)||CBS||SBP 237233||New Zealand||1978|
|FC 35625, 35625||Neil Diamond||You Don't Bring Me Flowers (LP, Album)||Columbia, Columbia||FC 35625, 35625||US||1978|
|FC 35625||Neil Diamond||You Don't Bring Me Flowers (LP, Album, Ter)||Columbia||FC 35625||US||1978|
|CDCBS 86077||Neil Diamond||You Don't Bring Me Flowers (CD, Album, RE)||CBS||CDCBS 86077||Europe||1986|