Nova Solis is rock band Morgan's first album, released in 1972. All tracks composed by Morgan Fisher (music) and Tim Staffell (lyrics), apart from "Alone" (music and lyrics by Staffell); "Nova Solis" - a side-length suite - includes "Jupiter" (excerpt; by Gustav Holst) and "May I Remember" and "Earth" (music and lyrics by Staffell) by Staffell's earlier band, Smile.
Released by Strike Back Records Jan 2005 4 Tracks. Nova Solis is a English album released on Jan 2005. Nova Solis Album has 4 songs sung by Morgan Fisher, Tim Staffell. Listen to all songs in high quality & download Nova Solis songs on Gaana. attr("src", $('. de tp. d t img img').
Morgan was formed in 1971 and featured the combined talents of Morgan Fisher, Maurice Bacon, Tim Staffell And Bob Sapsed. A progressive rock outfit in the style of Emerson Lake & Palmer, the band signed to RCA Records in Italy for whom they recorded this classic Progressive Rock album in 1972. New Re-mastered CD Release for this Progressive Rock Album from 1972 Featuring Morgan Fisher. Booklet With Photos & Liner Notes. February 2011, 23:11. Used drive : Optiarc DVD RW AD-7170S Adapter: 1 ID: 0. Read mode : Secure Utilize accurate stream : Yes Defeat audio cache : Yes Make use of C2 pointers : No.
Samarkhand the Golden, 08:04.
Nova Solis - In keeping with symphonic prog's time honoured recipe, this 20 minute monster opens with a suitably bombastic adaptation of a classical piece, re the Planets Suite by Holst. Great fun all round, with synth pyrotechnics flying left, right and centre and buried distantly way back in the bowels of the mix, the sound of the inconsolable sobbing of the composer.
There are some similarities to the early '70s prog rock of Yes and Emerson, Lake & Palmer, without the pop hooks found in much of Yes and ELP's songwriting. You want arching overambition? Go to the fourth (and final; all songs are five minutes minimum) cut, the 20-minute "Nova Solis: A Suite," with six sections, starting and ending with Gustav Holst's "Jupiter" melody. The album's not as strange as their 1973 The Sleeper Wakes effort, and thus not as highly, um, recommended, if that word could be used.
Morgan Related artists. Nova Solis/scans/Booklet . pg - . 2. Nova Solis/Morgan - Nova Solis.
Nova Solis is rock band Morgan's first album, released in 1972.
The album's sales were largely disappointing. Thus "Brown Out" became The Sleeper Wakes. Due their feeling that the music was too complex and left-field, RCA opted not to release The Sleeper Wakes. Both Morgan albums were released on CD in 1999/2000 by Angel Air Records and also in Japan on local record labels. Nova Solis" was re-issued again on CD in 2009 by Esoteric Recordings, testifying to the staying power of this adventurous music. The Sleeper Wakes (1973) (aka Brown Out, recorded in 1973, released in 1976).
|1||Samarkhand The Golden||8:04|
|Nova Solis - A Suite||(20:17)|
|4f||Hyperspace The Return Home|
|4h||May I Remember|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Bacon Empire Publishing
- Copyright (c) – Cherry Red Records Ltd.
- Licensed From – Bacon Empire Publishing
- Recorded At – RCA Studios, Rome
- Drums [Ludwig Drums], Gong – Mo Bacon*
- Electric Organ [Hammond X66 & M102], Piano [Hohner Pianet], Mellotron, Grand Piano [Grand Piano, Electric Grand Piano], Synthesizer [VCS3 + DK1 Keyboard], Finger Cymbals, Spinet – Morgan Fisher
- Engineer – Rodolfo Grappa
- Fretless Bass [Fender Precision Fretless Bass] – Bob Sapsed
- Management [Road Manager] – Dave Fawcett
- Producer [Produced By] – Gianni Grandis, Morgan
- Recording Supervisor [Musical Assistant] – Rodolfo "Foffo" Bianchi*
- Remastered By – Ben Wiseman
- Tape Op [Tape Operator] – Paolo Venditti
- Vocals, Acoustic Guitar [Aria Nylon String, Eko Twelve String], Tambourine, Timpani – Tim Staffell
NotesRecorded June and July 1972.
Includes booklet with extensive historical notes, etc.
Made in the EU
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 5013929725225
- Barcode (Text): 5 013929 725225
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): Sony DADC ECLEC2152 01
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI LY34
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI AEW26
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): Sony DADC ECLEC2152 02
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI LY33
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI AEW36
- Rights Society: MCPS
|LISP 34154||Morgan||Nova Solis (LP)||RCA Victor||LISP 34154||Italy||1972|
|SJPCD067||Morgan||Nova Solis (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Angel Air Records||SJPCD067||UK||2000|
|SF 8321, BKAY18288||Morgan||Nova Solis (LP)||RCA||SF 8321, BKAY18288||UK||1972|
|ERS-28017, CR-10067||Morgan||Nova Solis (LP, Album, RE)||RCA, RCA||ERS-28017, CR-10067||Japan||1987|
|AIRAC-1098||Morgan||Nova Solis (CD, Album, RE, RM, Unofficial)||Air Mail Archive||AIRAC-1098||Russia||2016|