Carnival is the 11th album by Canadian jazz trumpeter Maynard Ferguson on Columbia Records. This is yet another attempt to replicate the success of Conquistador. Another big theme song ("Battlestar Galactica"), a couple of originals, a blast from the past ("Stella by Starlight"), and a cover of "Birdland", which was well received.
Carnival (LP, Album). Carnival (LP, Album).
More albums from Maynard Ferguson: It’s My Time by Maynard Ferguson. Hollywood by Maynard Ferguson. Conducts The Birdland Dreamband Vol 1 & 2 by Maynard Ferguson. High Voltage by Maynard Ferguson. Maynard ’61 by Maynard Ferguson. Hot by Maynard Ferguson. Storm by Maynard Ferguson. Body & Soul by Maynard Ferguson. View all albums . Carnival. 3. Theme From Battlestar Galactica.
Theme from "Battlestar Galactica", 05:55.
Maynard (Maynard Ferguson album). Maynard is the second compilation album and 15th overall by Canadian jazz trumpeter Maynard Ferguson on Columbia Records In the album's liner notes, noted music critic Mort Goode states "This album underscores Maynard's dedication to the jazz composer.
Album plays well, the original plain white sleeve (EX ) is included. Album cover (EX, still in shrink, slight ring and edge wear with corner creases, see scan) doesn't have any splits The Essence Of Maynard Ferguson by Maynard Ferguson.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||M. F. Carnival
Arranged By – Nick LaneWritten-By – Maynard Ferguson, Nick Lane
Arranged By – Gordon JohnsonWritten-By – E. delBarrio*, M. White*, V. White*
|A3||Theme From "Battlestar Galactica"
Arranged By – Nick LaneWritten-By – Glen Larson, Stu Phillips
|A4||Stella By Starlight
Arranged By – Slide HamptonWritten-By – N. Washington*, V. Young*
Arranged By – Nick LaneWritten-By – Josef Zawinul*
Arranged By – Biff HannonWritten-By – Gerry Rafferty
|B3||How Ya Doin' Baby
Arranged By – Biff HannonWritten-By – Biff Hannon, Maynard Ferguson
|B4||Over The Rainbow
Arranged By – Biff HannonWritten-By – E. Y. Harburg*, H. Arlen*
- Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Flute – Mike Migliore
- Baritone Saxophone, Flute, Piccolo Flute, Alto Flute – Bob Militello*
- Drums – Bob Economou*, Peter Erskine
- Electric Bass, Acoustic Bass, Flute – Gordon Johnson
- Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar – John Qdini
- Engineer – Mike DeLugg*, Stan Tonkel (tracks: A4)
- Keyboards [Fender Rhodes], Synthesizer [Polymoog, Micormoog And Minimoog], Electric Piano – Biff Hannon
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Percussion – Ralph MacDonald, Rubens Bassini
- Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone – Eric Traub
- Trombone – Nick Lane, Phil Gray
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Dan Welty, Dennis Noday, Maynard Ferguson, Ron Tooley, Stan Mark
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Percussion, Piccolo Trumpet – Joe "Loon" Mosello*
- Vocals – Barbara Massey, Hilda Harris, Martha Stewart*, Yolanda McCulough*, Vivian Cherry
NotesDemonstration Not for sale
|JC 35480||Maynard Ferguson||Carnival (LP, Album)||Columbia||JC 35480||US||1978|
|JC 35480||Maynard Ferguson||Carnival (LP, Album)||CBS||JC 35480||US||1978|
|CBS 82999||Maynard Ferguson||Carnival (LP, Album)||CBS||CBS 82999||Italy||1978|
|PC 35480||Maynard Ferguson||Carnival (LP, Album)||Columbia||PC 35480||Canada||1978|
|PCT 35480||Maynard Ferguson||Carnival (Cass, Album)||Columbia||PCT 35480||US||Unknown|