Joan Chandos Baez (/baɪz/; born January 9, 1941) is an American singer, songwriter, musician, and activist whose contemporary folk music often includes songs of protest or social justice. Baez has performed publicly for over 60 years, releasing over 30 albums.
Noël is a Christmas album by Joan Baez, released in 1966. Working with arranger-conductor Peter Schickele (PDQ Bach), Baez, for the first time, recorded an album outside the standard guitar-based folk format. She worked with Schickele on her next two albums, both of which also featured classical orchestration. Unlike holiday albums by many other popular artists, Baez included mostly traditional material, avoiding more lighthearted or commercial fare in favor of a somber, understated tone.
Classic Joan Baez - The Universal Masters Collection. 16 tracks · 1 January 2000. The Complete A&M Recordings. 77 tracks · 1 October 2002.
Joan Baez (album), Joan Baez is the self-titled debut album by folk singer Joan Baez The album was recorded in the summer of 1960 and released the same year The or. Baez came to prominence during the Folk Music Revival in the late 1950s, particularly in the first Newport Folk Festival in July 1959 A number of people tried to sign her after her performance at the music festival, including Columbia, but she chose to go instead with the small independent label, Vanguard5 Baez recorded the album for the label in the.
|A3||Fare Thee Well (Ten Thousand Miles)||3:15|
|A4||House Of The Rising Sun||2:52|
|A5||All My Trials||4:36|
|B2||Rake And Rambling Boy||1:52|
|B6||El Preso Numero Nueve||2:47|
- Manufactured By – Vanguard Recording Society, Inc.
- Pressed By – RCA Records Pressing Plant, Rockaway
- Design – Jules Halfant
- Guitar – Fred Hellerman
- Liner Notes – Maynard Solomon
- Photography By – Rick Stafford
- Producer – Maynard Solomon, Maynard Solomon
- Vocals, Guitar – Joan Baez
Recorded Manhattan Towers Hotel Ballroom, New York, July 1960.
Track A3 is "Fare Thee Well" on both cover and label.
Track B6 listed as "El Preso Numero Nueve" on cover (correct); listed as "El Preso Numero Nuevo" on label (incorrect); means "The Ninth Prisoner"
Side A label (under VRS-9078-A) and runout etching includes LO8P-1716; Side B (under VRS-9078-B) includes LO8P-1717. Catalog number VRS-9078 is not etched on Side A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A side label (all variants)): LO8P-1716
- Matrix / Runout (B side label (all variants) ): LO8P-1717
- Matrix / Runout (A Side Etch [variant 1]): LO8P 1716-1A A2
- Matrix / Runout (B Side Etch [variant 1]): VRS 9078-B LO8P 1717 A2
- Matrix / Runout (A Side Etch [variant 2]): LO8P-1716-1AH A1
- Matrix / Runout (B Side Etch [variant 2]): LO8P-1717-1AC A4
- Matrix / Runout (A Side Etch [stamped] [variant 3]): LO8P-1716-1AJ [A1] [Y] R
- Matrix / Runout (B Side Etch [stamped] [variant 3]): LO8P-1717-1AD C R
- Matrix / Runout (A Side Etch [stamped] [variant 4]): LO8P-1716-1W-  R R
- Matrix / Runout (B Side Etch [stamped] [variant 4]): LO8P-1717-1T [B / F] [R] [R]
- Matrix / Runout (A Side Etched / [Stamped in brackets] (variant 5)): LO8P-1716 [B 0 3 R R]
- Matrix / Runout (B Side Etched / [Stamped in brackets] (variant 5)): LO8P-1717-1T [A 3 F R R]
|VSD 2077||Joan Baez||Joan Baez (LP, Album)||Vanguard||VSD 2077||US||1960|
|92.004||Joan Baez||Joan Baez (CD, Album, RM)||Vanguard||92.004||France & Benelux||1987|
|79594-2||Joan Baez||Joan Baez (CD)||Vanguard Records||79594-2||US||2001|
|VSD-79073||Joan Baez||Joan Baez (LP, Album, RE)||Vanguard||VSD-79073||UK||1971|
|VSD 9078||Joan Baez||Joan Baez (LP, Album, RE)||Vanguard||VSD 9078||New Zealand||Unknown|