Platinum Jazz is a double album, the ninth studio album by War, released on Blue Note Records in 1976. The album is an unusual entry in War's discography in several aspects. Its first half is new material, while its second half is a compilation of tracks from previous albums
War's members loved jazz, and they expressed that passion not because they had any illusions of trying to compete with Miles Davis or Joe Henderson, but simply for the enjoyment of it. Released as a two-LP set, Platinum Jazz gathered War's previously released instrumentals (plus one vocal, "Deliver the Word") with fine results.
Album: Platinum Jazz, 2010. From the 1977 Club Classic album Platinum Jazz :-) Has been played on. Germany 6. Mojo.
War – Platinum Jazz. Label: Blue Note – BN-LA690-J2. All songs published by Far Out Music, Inc. ASCAP. Mastering at Crystal Industries, .
Only 7 left in stock (more on the way).
Artist: War. Album: Platinum Jazz, Platinum Jazz. Download War - Platinum Jazz. Platinum Jazz: Best 2 songs. War - Nappy Head (Theme from Ghetto Man) 04:09. War - Deliver the Word 05:55. Album: Platinum Jazz. War - Why Can't We Be Friends? Rollin' to the 70's, 1992 03:46.
War - Platinum Jazz (1977). First new WAR album in 20 years includes bonus original platinum + greatest hits album never before released on CD. Features special guest collaborations with Cheech & Chong, Tower of Power, Joe Walsh, Malik Yusef and the USC Marching Band.
|A1||War Is Coming! War Is Coming♪||7:12|
|A2||Slowly We Walk Together||6:10|
|B2||I Got You||6:04|
|C3||City, Country, City||7:23|
|D2||Deliver The Word||5:53|
|D3||Nappy Head (Theme From "Ghetto Man")||4:12|
|D4||Four Cornered Room||7:15|
- Distributed By – Metronome Musik GmbH
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Far Out Productions
- Copyright (c) – Far Out Productions
- Published By – Far Out Music, Inc.
- Mastered At – Crystal Sound
- Made By – Metronome Musik GmbH
- Lacquer Cut At – PRS Hannover – 0702 753
- Pressed By – PRS Hannover – 0702 753
- Artwork [Lettering] – Dick Sakahara
- Baritone Saxophone – Charles Miller
- Bass, Vocals – B.B. Dickerson
- Cover [Album Cover Concept] – Ikke-Bad Graphics, Lee Oskar
- Drums – Harold Brown
- Engineer – Chris Huston (tracks: C2 to D3), Ed Barton (tracks: A1 to C1)
- Guitar, Vocals – Howard Scott
- Harmonica – Lee Oskar
- Keyboards – Lonnie Jordan
- Layout – Gribbitt*
- Management [Far Out Management] – Steve Gold
- Percussion – Dee Allen*
- Photography By – Gary Sato*
- Producer – Jerry Goldstein
- Producer [Produced In Association With] – Howard Scott (tracks: A1 to D1, D3), Lonnie Jordan (tracks: A1 to D1, D3)
- Written-By – M. Dickerson*, C. Miller*, H. Brown*, H. Scott*, J. Goldstein* (tracks: B2, C1), L. Oskar*, L. Jordan*, S. Allen*
© ℗ 1977 Far Out Productions
Due to the pressing plant code this version was released either late in 1978 or early 1979.
Made in W.-Germany [back sleeve]
Made in Germany [labels]
All songs published by Far Out Music Inc. ASCAP
Comes in a gatefold sleeve.
Tracklisting of tracks B1/B2 is given in wrong order on the sleeve (but correct on labels).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: GEMA
- Label Code: LC 5851
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A): 0702 753 S 1 0080 031 320 1 D
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B): 0702 753 S 2 0080 031 320 1 B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side C): 0702 754 = 2 S 3 0080 031 320 1 F
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side D): 0702 754 S 4 0080 031 320 1 C
|BN-LA690-J2||War||Platinum Jazz (2xLP, Comp, Pit)||Blue Note, Far Out||BN-LA690-J2||US||1977|
|301.037 / 301.038||War||Platinum Jazz (2xLP, Comp)||MCA Records||301.037 / 301.038||Germany||1977|
|MCAT2-7000, MCAT2 7000||War||Platinum Jazz (8-Trk, Comp)||MCA Records, MCA Records||MCAT2-7000, MCAT2 7000||Canada||1977|
|BN-LA690-J2, BNLA-690-J2 0998||War||Platinum Jazz (2xLP, Comp, M/Print, Gat)||Blue Note, Blue Note||BN-LA690-J2, BNLA-690-J2 0998||US||1977|
|BN-LA690-J2||War||Platinum Jazz (2xLP, Comp, Gat)||Blue Note||BN-LA690-J2||US||1977|